Gorillaz to be Joined by Members of the Clash?

T

therightone

Rumours are rife that Damon Albarn's Gorillaz are to be joined Clash legends Mick Jones on guitar and bassist Paul Simonon. Simonon previously worked with Albarn in the Good, the Bad and the Queen. If true, this would be the first time the former colleagues have played together in public since 1983. In 2008, Jones was joined onstage by former Clash drummer Topper Headon as part of the guitarist's band, Carbon/Silicon.

2dihnj8.jpg

just listening to i fought the law by the bobby fuller 4 (the clash ruined it)has just reminded me how crap the clash realy were, a reggae cover band at best and maybe the most over rated band of all time

just listening to i fought the law by the bobby fuller 4 (the clash ruined it)has just reminded me how crap the clash realy were, a reggae cover band at best and maybe the most over rated band of all time

tell how you really feel...plz don't hold anything back...

Gorillaz Open Live Rehearsals To UK Fans

Gorillaz will open up rehearsals to their fan club (G-Club) around the UK ahead of their April headline debut at the 2010 Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival. Joining Damon Albarn for these live rehearsals will be Paul Simonon and Mick Jones from The Clash amongst others as Gorillaz take their rehearsals on the road.

These unique events which Gorillaz have never done before are band rehearsals only - and will not feature full Gorillaz visual production.

Rehearsal Dates:
March
21- Portsmouth Wedgwood
22- Bristol Trinity
23- Cambridge Junction
25- Brighton Old Market
26- Birmingham Irish Centre
27- Lincoln Engine shed

Only subscribers to the Gorillaz fan club (G-club) are eligible to buy tickets. The newly launched Gorillaz fan club gives fans an exclusive Gorillaz collectible model - based on the car in the Stylo video, online content and the opportunity to access both fan only events, and priority ticketing to live concerts.

2aoihe.jpg

Just got an email from Roundhouse:

Gorillaz
Thu 29 & Fri 30 Apr
Main Space / £45
Gorillaz will perform their first live shows in the capital since 2001, with two star-studded dates at the Roundhouse on 29 and 30 April. Playing in support of their new album Plastic Beach, the live shows will feature Damon Albarn, The Clash's Mick Jones and Paul Simonon, Mos Def, Gruff Rhys, Shaun Ryder, Bobby Womack, The National Orchestra For Arabic Music, Bashy, De La Soul, Kano and Little Dragon.

Roundhouse members pre-sale Thu 25 March, 10am
Public booking opens Fri 26 March, 9am
Limited to two tickets per household/order

Become a Roundhouse member and you'll be able to book tickets for Gorillaz before they go on sale to the public. JOIN TODAY - membership starts from £40 (£15 for under 25)

Back
Top Bottom