Question about Viva Hate CD

headmusic

headmusic
Hi guys:

I just bought this Viva Hate Cd in a store here in Chile, it was in new condition and very cheap, and it has a different picture in the inner side of the back cover. It doesnt have any number, and it doesnt have EMI or SIRE written anywhere on the cd, just some words in what I think is russian in the upper left side of the back cover . I think its a non official cd, I have never seen it before. Can anyone give me some information about it? :confused: I attach some pictures for you to see.

Thanks¡¡

Alejandro

Re: Question About Viva Hate Rare CD

I don't know this edition, but yes, it's written in russian (licensed RAO, The Russian Society of Authors).

Re: Question About Viva Hate Rare CD

I don't know this edition, but yes, it's written in russian (licensed RAO, The Russian Society of Authors).

Thanks¡¡ I also though it was russian, but it actually says PAO, is it the same as RAO? And it doesnt have the SIRE or EMI logo so I dont know whether it is original or not.

Re: Question about Viva Hate rare CD

the question is can you get more because if you can i would love one

I would love to get you one, but that was the only copy available. I know every record store in Santiago and I had never seen it before. If I run into another copy I will post it here too

Cheers

Re: Question about Viva Hate rare CD

It's a Russia manufactured "pirate" copy of Viva Hate. They seem to have used the US edition as a template. Of course it's not official but I think it's rather nice. My Russian Kill Uncle/Your Arsenal looks pretty similar.

arsru-1.jpg

Thanks a lot guys for the information. I too think its a rather nice item, for a pirate/official release. There are a lot of moz and smiths rare stuff to find here in Chile.

Thanks again¡¡

In santiago there is a sort of used things market, very huge actually, where you can buy all sort of things, cds, movies, books, posters etc. I bought the "Thats entertainment" promo for US$4 a few years ago, mint condition. Most of the things you can found are in Vinyl though. I bought The Smiths debut album in Blue and Multicolured vinyl for US$10 each, in mint condition, which was a real bargain.

I bought The Smiths debut album in Blue and Multicolured vinyl for US$10 each, in mint condition, which was a real bargain.

you mean the german multicoloured promo lp? that would be more than a bargain. congratulations! (the blue vinyl version is a bootleg, though).
I rarely find interesting/rare smiths stuff at my local shops. they would be overpriced anyway. :crazy:

I got a Russian "pirate" Quarry CD the other day, it was quite nice.

It's quite well made (factory pressed CD etc), but no lyrics. It has a very nice Attack logo showing through the back insert, no other jewelcase edition I have have this.

DSCN0068.jpg

DSCN0074.jpg

If you find any Brazilian pirate copies of Morrissey albums (not compilation type things) I might be interested in buying.

I got a Russian "pirate" Quarry CD the other day, it was quite nice.

It is a nice "quarry" indeed. They dont look like pirate editions to me though, they look more like a little deluxe edition, at least they are very well manufactured. Chilean and Argentinean edititions are very well pressed too, though they are not pirate ones. They used to be crappy in the past but now they have improved a lot. I have official Brazilian Cds but I didnt know there were pirate cds there too.

Well, trust me it's a pirate edition. Not to blow my own horn but I'm more than certain,

Well, trust me it's a pirate edition. Not to blow my own horn but I'm more than certain,

Of course I trust you, you are the master here :thumb: I just meant that for a pirate edition they put an effort and do something of quality, not like some pirate editions of other countries that I've seen. My viva hate looks better than the real one :)

Back
Top Bottom