new electronic single

B

benji

I have just listened to the new Electronic single, called Vivid. The 12 song album, Twisted Tenderness, is due for late in summer. The song has no interest at all. The voice is very Spandau Ballet like. The tune...well I am glad Morrissey was never given that! Wish I could like Marr for what he does now and not only for what he did more than 12 years ago. It just shows once more who was who in The Smiths.

It just shows once more who was who in The Smiths.
--------
The fact that you don't like his work nowadays has no bearing on the quality of Marr's work in the Smiths or his role in the band. Were it not for Marr, Morrissey would be rotting in an Mancunian cemetary and we'd all be obsessed with someone else, like Brett Anderson. Yikes!

I AM SICK AND TIRED OF DEFENDING JOHNNY MARR!!

Give him the credit he deserves, people!

One bad song=the destruction of a guitar hero?

W.T.F.???

Re: I AM SICK AND TIRED OF DEFENDING JOHNNY MARR!!

You're not alone in your respect for Johnny - even though I feel he hasn't used his talents to the fullest potential (usually session work, or adding to what's essentially Bernie Sumner's "sound"), I still hold him in esteem and hope that someday, he'll get back to creating some wonderful guitar-oriented music. I haven't heard the new Electronic yet, so I'll hold judgement 'til I do.

Viva Johnny Marr!!!!

Back
Top Bottom