Were there really only 25 white label "The Smiths" made?

Dave2006

This seller thinks so... http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/THE-SMITHS-TH...dZViewItemQQptZUK_Records?hash=item3a56c230a7

THE SMITHS, THE SMITHS 1st ALBUM TEST PRESS! IN STUNNING CONDITION!!!!!!!!

With PRESS RELEASE ROUGH TRADE.- ROUGH 61 Release date 24th Feb 1984.

There's not much to say,other than anyone who's looking at this will want to bid. Truly one of the greatest events in modern music HISTORY! The smiths influenced by many, created a sound that then inspired so many of thier piers.

The pictures show the press release sheet, with front and back. and you can see the Rough trade ROUGH 61, Matrix in the last shot, any other Questions don't hesitate to ask.​

I have one, matrix Rough 61 A1 & B1 - looks like it's the same matrix in this photo. Were there only 25 made? Surely not.

I don't have the press release, but this could be just a photocopy anyway.

Dave

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Loads more than 25 were made. I've no idea where they got that from.

Thanks, Mikael

I don't suppose you have a copy of the press release you could photocopy / scan and share? :)

Dave

I don't actually, mine comes in the standard sleeve. The variation with a white cardboardsleeve and the press release on it is fairly common though.
Passions:
This album was promoted with white label copies of the LP. The record was usually slipped inside a white sleeve on which was affixed a two-sided press release. One side of the press release showed the album's front artwork, the other had information about the band, tour dates and a rundown of releases so far.

I am waiting for the US press kit in the mail though:)

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I think the seller should be very happy.

The press release looks just the same as mine, which I've had for almost 20 years now, so I think it's legit. And there were definitely more than 25 pressed.

Stephane

Back
Top Bottom