Iris Robinson: judge not, lest ye be judged

lainey

For those who don't know her, Iris Robinson is the MP for Strangford, a member of the Northern Ireland Assembly and chair of the Assembly's health committee. She is also Northern Ireland's First Minister Peter Robinson wife.

Be tolerant of others not her

She sparked outrage earlier this year when she offered to put gay men in touch with a psychiatrist who can make them straight.

Now it has emerged that during committee proceedings in the Commons last month, she told MPs:

"There can be no viler act, apart from homosexuality and sodomy, than sexually abusing innocent children.

"There must be sufficient confidence that the community has the best possible protection against such perverts."

When contacted by the Belfast Telegraph, Mrs Robinson reiterated her views and said she was following Scriptures.

"Can you think of anything more vile than man and man or woman and woman and sexually abusing children?" she told the Telegraph.

"What I say I base on biblical pronouncements, based on God’s word. I am amazed that people are surprised when I quote from scriptures. It shows the churches either aren’t preaching God’s word or are watering it down.

"I cannot think of anything more sickening than a child being abused. It is comparable to the act of homosexuality. I think they are all comparable. I feel totally repulsed by both."

That was then , this is now.....
Iris Robinson used £50,000 obtained from two property developers to help her young lover start a business.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/8448839.stm

Kirk McCambley first got to know Mrs Robinson in the late 1990s when he was still at primary school.

Mrs Robinson, was 59 and he was 19-year-old McCambley's – when they had the affair and committed Adultery.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2010/jan/08/iris-robinson-kirk-mccambley-belfast

Re: Iris Robinson! “judge not, lest ye be judged”

Lust and Greed

By June they were lovers and she was using her position as a councillor to spot a business opportunity for him — the sale of a former visitors’ centre on the River Lagan, which she believed McCambley could turn into a cafe. She also approached two businessmen whom she knew and got them to provide £25,000 each to fit out the premises, which was called the Lock Keeper’s Inn.

McCambley never met either of them and when Robinson handed over the cheque to McCambley, she allegedly demanded £5,000 as her cut. “She stipulated it was cash and as far as I was concerned that was all above board,” he said last week.

Robinson, who had been mayor of the borough three times and whose party controlled the council, voted for McCambley to be awarded the lease. In doing so she did not declare a financial or personal interest, a potential criminal offence. Contrary to parliamentary rules, she did not declare the money on the register of interests in Westminster, Stormont or Castlereagh.

One of the businessmen, multi-millionaire Fred Fraser, has since died. The other, Ken Campbell, a property developer, has denied any wrongdoing and has obtained a High Court injunction banning any mention of his business addresses. At the time that Robinson was asking him for money, she also allegedly lobbied on Campbell’s behalf for one of his building projects in her parliamentary constituency.

When the affair ended that autumn, Robinson demanded the money be paid back to her personally from the fledgling business, forcing McCambley to sell half of it. “It seems cruel but I am not going to soften until he has paid back the £45,000 and he has got until Christmas,” she texted.

She also lamented her affair with a text that read: “Everything is a reminder wherever I go. My home, my church, my car, my music and of course the roads we drove.”

As the deadline for repayment approached, she stipulated that there should be two cheques, one made out to her and one to the Free Methodist Church she attended, where the minister was Pat Herron, her sister-in-law. She also asked that one third of the profits of the cafe be paid into church funds.

Black, the former clergyman who revealed the texts, was asked to assist. Disturbed at being asked to act as a fixer in the affair, he said: “Where is God in all this?”Robinson explained that she had proposed the payment to the church as “a gesture of giving something back. I never intended this to be a buy-off to God. It was an honest and honourable decision”.
Herron says that her church never received any money.

For JJ.
Coo, coo, ca-choo, Mrs Robinson
Jesus loves you more than you will know (Wo, wo, wo)
God bless you please, Mrs. Robinson
Heaven holds a place for those who pray
(Hey, hey, hey...hey, hey, hey)

The entire song applies to that woman.

And here's to you, Mrs. Robinson

We'd like to know a little bit about you for our files
We'd like to help you learn to help yourself
Look around you, all you see are sympathetic eyes
Stroll around the grounds until you feel at home

Hide it in a hiding place where no one ever goes
Put it in your pantry with your cupcakes
It's a little secret, just the Robinsons' affair
Most of all, you've got to hide it from the kids

Sitting on a sofa on a Sunday afternoon
Going to the candidates debate
Laugh about it, shout about it
When you've got to choose
Ev'ry way you look at it, you lose

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio
A nation turns it's lonely eyes to you (Woo, woo, woo)
What's that you say, Mrs. Robinson
Joltin' Joe has left and gone away

The entire song applies to that woman.

We'd like to know a little bit about you for our files
We'd like to help you learn to help yourself
Look around you, all you see are sympathetic eyes
Stroll around the grounds until you feel at home

Hide it in a hiding place where no one ever goes
Put it in your pantry with your cupcakes
It's a little secret, just the Robinsons' affair
Most of all, you've got to hide it from the kids

Sitting on a sofa on a Sunday afternoon
Going to the candidates debate
Laugh about it, shout about it
When you've got to choose
Ev'ry way you look at it, you lose

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio
A nation turns it's lonely eyes to you (Woo, woo, woo)
What's that you say, Mrs. Robinson
Joltin' Joe has left and gone away
There is a facebook group started to get it to number in her (dis)honour - no joke!

this is one strange story, just goes to show how people can use and hide behind power, i did think at 1 stage mr robinson might be a cuckold , and this was a fantasy world gone wrong but it just seems like the usual political madness , havin said that i bet she were fit as fck when she were younger!

She's not doing too badly now either, if she's almost 60 and can get a cute 19-year old guy.

Even the Irish-American news site I visit is awash with Robinson-related stories. That, and the strange goings-on with Van Morrison's alleged love child.

Anyway, I tend to sympathise with vilified women, no matter how onerous their acts 'n deeds are. Doesn't mean I approve of what the supposed evil woman said or did, but I don't like the "burn the witch" dark vibe that enters into these public slugfests. There is some misogyny there, barely disguised under the surface.

"There can be no viler act, apart from homosexuality and sodomy, than sexually abusing innocent children. There must be sufficient confidence that the community has the best possible protection against such perverts."

"Best possible protection?" Is she proposing distributing free condoms at schools and churches?

She's not doing too badly now either, if she's almost 60 and can get a cute 19-year old guy.

I'm sure the money doesn't hurt.

More catstrophic is the fact that her actions (the ones involving the money and, lets face facts, behaviour not that far removed from a paedophile- well she started it and not her bigoted homophobia) may bring the whole Northern Ireland peace process to its knees.

Good work love, now here's some moreof your medication

Still one of the funniest stories I've heard all year oh ok all decade um ur hang on

Anyway, I tend to sympathise with vilified women, no matter how onerous their acts 'n deeds are. Doesn't mean I approve of what the supposed evil woman said or did, but I don't like the "burn the witch" dark vibe that enters into these public slugfests. There is some misogyny there, barely disguised under the surface.

I agree with most of what you say.

Another thing, I don't think that "judge not, lest ye be judged" fits in this case. What she said about gays is offensive and ignorant. Whether she's a saint or a serial murdered is irrelevant. I think that making a connection between the two is the same as saying that if someone did live their lives according to Cristian values (whatever that may hold :rolleyes:), it would be ok for them to say those bigot things she said.

More catstrophic is the fact that her actions (the ones involving the money and, lets face facts, behaviour not that far removed from a paedophile- well she started it and not her bigoted homophobia) may bring the whole Northern Ireland peace process to its knees.Good work love, now here's some moreof your medication

Still one of the funniest stories I've heard all year oh ok all decade um ur hang on

Lets hope not.

Here's one of the jokes doing the rounds in Dublin at the moment....

Iris Robinson has decided to switch to Catholicism after hearing from her local priest that it only costs a Mars Bar and 50p to shag a young boy, rather than 50 Grand and a cafe!!

Back
Top Bottom