I have some butter that has been in the freezer for some time

D

Dave

Should I put it on my bagel or eat it dry? I also have some (fresh) humus but don't want it.

Re: I have some butter that has been in the freezer for... some time.

Why not? Does it have frost bite?

Re: I have some butter that has been in the freezer for... some time.

You've probably already eaten by now though.

Should I put it on my bagel or eat it dry? I also have some (fresh) humus but don't want it.

Whatever you do, don't eat the humus, it's made of composting soil. It's a shame it's not hummus, that stuff is tasty. ;)

How nice of you to think of us here at Solo first, since we're the experts on the effects of freezerburn on butter.

On a related note, does anyone know if my meatloaf is done? It's a brownish ochre.

I wondered if there were two m's in humus. What have you got against composting soil?

also, I don't know about freezerburn, but it's probably just the idea. I ate the bagel dry. It was a good whole-wheat one so had flavor anyway. And soy milk in the coffee, so I haven't offended any animals this year so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whatever you do, don't eat the humus, it's made of composting soil. It's a shame it's not hummus, that stuff is tasty. ;)

James - take a look at this:thumb;)

Hummus (a transliteration of the Arabic: حمّص‎; also spelled hamos, houmous, hommos, hommus, hummos, hummous or humus; see romanization of Arabic) is a Levantine Arab[1] dip or spread made from cooked, mashed chickpeas, blended with tahini, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and garlic. It is a popular food throughout the Middle East.

I'm sure Dave the Dog will accept your humble apology:thumb:

Jukebox Jury

update: since I'm not working I'm going to change clothes now. Should I wear nike pants or pajama bottoms?

James - take a look at this:thumb;)

Hummus (a transliteration of the Arabic: حمّص‎; also spelled hamos, houmous, hommos, hommus, hummos, hummous or humus; see romanization of Arabic) is a Levantine Arab[1] dip or spread made from cooked, mashed chickpeas, blended with tahini, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and garlic. It is a popular food throughout the Middle East.

I'm sure Dave the Dog will accept your humble apology:thumb:

Jukebox Jury

Wait... you mean my joke wasn't factually accurate? I need to fire my fact checkers. :thumb::lbf:

Oh, and it's spelled "pajamas"

Wait... you mean my joke wasn't factually accurate? I need to fire my fact checkers. :thumb::lbf:

Oh, and it's spelled "pajamas"

Yes, I noticed that, but didn't want to be pedantic enough to pick him up on it.:thumb:
Oh, and that should be ''spelt'':D

Jukebox Jury

Hummus (a transliteration of the Arabic: حمّص‎; also spelled hamos, houmous, hommos, hommus, hummos, hummous or humus; see romanization of Arabic)

The shadda over the "m" suggests doubling/lenghtening the sound, so hummous gives a better transliteration, IMHO. :thumb:

I have some freezer that has been in the butter for some time.
It's a real problem.
I hate margarine.
I love butter.
But today I made JJ toast with butter and he put cream chesse on top of it. I find that very odd. Must be an english thing?

Did you know "dreamt" is the only word in the english language that ends in "mt"? And Morrissey managed to work it into a song?

I have some freezer that has been in the butter for some time.
It's a real problem.
I hate margarine.
I love butter.
But today I made JJ toast with butter and he put cream chesse on top of it. I find that very odd. Must be an english thing?

I love cream cheese on toast;
but not cream cheese on top of butter on top of toast. :crazy: ;)

Back to the butter....

Every Thanksgiving dinner, for as long as I can remember, my Dad sits at the end of the table.

He picks up the butter dish, looks at the person at the opposite end of the table, and says "hey, do you want some butter up your end?" :rolleyes:

get it? same stooopid joke, but I still always laugh

Back
Top Bottom