The Mighty Boosh

Stationary Village is possibly one of my favourite ever Boosh scenes. :D

Also, I reccommend everyone to get Mighty Book of Boosh if they haven't already. It's beautifully made and really funny.

I got it for my daughter for Christmas. We were very surprised to find that thing is about the size and as thorough as a textbook. Yes, it's pretty awesome :D

I got it for my daughter for Christmas. We were very surprised to find that thing is about the size and as thorough as a textbook. Yes, it's pretty awesome :D

We paid a fair amount for a Boosh live programme at their live show. It's a booklet of crayon and pen drawings and doodles by Noel, with some photos. Similar to the Book of Boosh. It comes with a page of Boosh stickers and temporary tattoos. (Then we stood out in the freezing midnight rain for over an hour with a crowd of people yelling for Noel and Julian to come out, but they never did. It was an outrage!)

I think we bought our copy of the Book of Boosh at the HMV in downtown Manchester (not the one at Trafford Centre unfortunately) where I believe there was a huge two-story photo of Johnny Marr on the wall. If you live in England I guess going to a chain store like HMV is no big deal, but it was exciting for us and attached a nice memory to the book. I guess maybe you Europeans get used to so much around you being steeped in centuries of history and fame.

Last edited:
We paid a fair amount for a Boosh live programme at their live show. It's a booklet of crayon and pen drawings and doodles by Noel, with some photos. Similar to the Book of Boosh. It comes with a page of Boosh stickers and temporary tattoos. (Then we stood out in the freezing midnight rain for over an hour with a crowd of people yelling for Noel and Julian to come out, but they never did. It was an outrage!)

I think we bought our copy of the Book of Boosh at the HMV in downtown Manchester (not the one at Trafford Centre unfortunately) where I believe there was a huge two-story photo of Johnny Marr on the wall. If you live in England I guess going to a chain store like HMV is no big deal, but it was exciting for us and attached a nice memory to the book. I guess maybe you Europeans get used to so much around you being steeped in centuries of history and fame.

Our acquisition of the book was just as exciting. I saw it on Ebay. I clicked "Buy It Now." I paid for it. A couple weeks later, the mail carrier brought it to the house. I handed the package to my daughter. She opened it.

I wish music stores here displayed giant pictures of Johnny Marr. :rolleyes:

Our acquisition of the book was just as exciting. I saw it on Ebay. I clicked "Buy It Now." I paid for it. A couple weeks later, the mail carrier brought it to the house. I handed the package to my daughter. She opened it.

I wish music stores here displayed giant pictures of Johnny Marr. :rolleyes:

What I found really surprising in the HMV and record stores in England is how the CDs aren't sealed at all! You can open them up, touch them, scratch them, etc. What's to stop someone from "nicking" the CD? Cameras? Or can't you buy the CD, rip it to MP3 and return it for a refund?

Here in the states, CDs are wrapped in cellophane, sealed with one or more stickers with holograms on them, and often have a magnetic anti-theft sticker and are packed in a plastic case that open with a special tool. All of which are designed to be impossible to put back on once removed. And opened items can't be returned. I guess because we're a bunch of thugs...

I love learning about these kinds of differences...

hello Miss Thorn,
I got the new live DVD for my BD, yet to watch it though.

I love this:

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zWSUacFpSRE&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zWSUacFpSRE&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

:lbf: the crack fox.....he does a tummy shame!

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Wrczn414VLY&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Wrczn414VLY&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

:lbf: Both brilliant scenes.

What I found really surprising in the HMV and record stores in England is how the CDs aren't sealed at all! You can open them up, touch them, scratch them, etc. What's to stop someone from "nicking" the CD? Cameras? Or can't you buy the CD, rip it to MP3 and return it for a refund?

Urgh, I hate that. Whenever I buy a CD from HMV (apart from a really recent one) it's always scratched and often the case is broken. :mad:

Urgh, I hate that. Whenever I buy a CD from HMV (apart from a really recent one) it's always scratched and often the case is broken. :mad:

Maybe they *expect* you to burn your own copy and return it. That way protecting their unsold discs from scratches doesn't matter.

Or maybe the first five people who previously bought, copied and returned the CD didn't take good care of it.

Maybe they *expect* you to burn your own copy and return it. That way protecting their unsold discs from scratches doesn't matter.

Or maybe the first five people who previously bought, copied and returned the CD didn't take good care of it.

I would not be surprised in the slightest.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tags
boosh is loose
Back
Top Bottom