Mourning Christmas - Vic Chesnutt RIP

Re: Mourning Christmas

I'm the only one who cares about him....?

Re: Mourning Christmas

It's so so sad... I'm happy (it's not the good word but...) to know that I'm not the only one who already miss him.

Frank Orrall's (Poi Dog Pondering) tribute to Vic is very touching.

We remember Vic as a sweet guy, a brave man and A Grande Poet. We're Very sad to know we will not run into him again in this world. But he is here in our hearts. His songs will glow on like forever fireflies in the American poetry night. :(:sweet:

Nice link here: http://www.platetectonicmusic.com/

I can't help thinking of his poor family and loved ones, having to think about his demise every Christmas. Although there's no good time to kill ones self, dying on Christmas Day risks making it even worse for the ones left behind.

I hadn't heard that name for ages, since the mid- nineties in fact (when I was a trendy indie kid). I seem to remember I saw him play in Camden. I even caught a glimpse of a familiar silouhette that night, looking very suspiciouly like you know who, smiling on his way back from the bar (jongleurs was it?). (shame Morrissey can't reply and confirm).

I remember it was all a bit depressing.:o I haven't listened to him since but I remember that night quite well.

Last edited:
Barking, you should try to listen one of these albums:

West of Rome (produced by Michael Stipe)
Is the Actor Happy ?
The Salesman and Bernadette (with Lambchop)
North Star Deserter et At The Cut (with Silver Mt. Zion)
Dark Developments with Elf Power

Back
Top Bottom