Ouch (>_<) woman attacked Pope Benedict XVI

That's what you think! He's behind everything!! Even Beatles Rock Band! The Pope is bigger than the Beatles!

Well then he's demented because he made me play that weird Vision song...which I got 5 stars on and an "Awesome Solo" thank you very much. :rolleyes:

Can you give me an example of something that is hidden in the bible?

How are you so sure that the bible is wise? Its age?

Would you say that there is wisdom in the bible but no wisdom in the Book of the Dead? No wisdom in the Bhagavad Gita?

What makes you so sure that what the bible has is wisdom, as opposed to plagiarized stories from much older books?

Well, I'm kind of not at liberty to tell you the "secrets" of the bible because my interpretation could be misconstrued as blasphemous and do more harm than good, but let's leave it at there being many passages, famous ones, that are allegorical of a nature that we as humans are more familiar than we know...sometimes a burning bush makes more colloquial sense than foliage on fire. Anyway, I think you are under the false impression that because I defend the bible I am a religious zealot. I'm not. I take as much stock if not more in the other texts you mention, my preferred "religious" text being a toss up between the Gita and the Torah (old testament). So in my scant research of it(people spend entire lifetimes breaking down the Bible, that's not my calling) I've found the Bible is wise as are the other texts. I hope that answers your question.

Sure, it was an attack no arguments there. Any unwanted physical contact can be charged as assault but that isn't what you said and not relevant to your example. The word you used was "protest", which implies that there was some sort of atheist against Pope angle for the actual incident. Which, as far as I can tell, there wasn't.

I know what you mean.

I made the assumption that it was an attack in protest. I was reacting to the tone of the thread, but I see that I mischaracterized what actually happened.

Can't we go back like it was before? Back when half the threads on Solo weren't hijacked by CG's signs and symbols and magical thinking? Back when she kind of kept that part of herself to herself?

No, but there is an ignore button.

Just curious... hands up, does this post make sense to anyone? The video?

She brings a unique perspective to things but you are free to ignore it.

I miss a lot of things about Marilyn Manson, but one of the things I miss most of all is his Pope costume.

Marilyn+Manson.jpg

this is like watching a horserace, and seeing one come from out of the pack as they enter the final stretch. if you keep this up you could WIN the thread. ;)

Well, I'm kind of not at liberty to tell you the "secrets" of the bible because my interpretation could be misconstrued as blasphemous and do more harm than good, but let's leave it at there being many passages, famous ones, that are allegorical of a nature that we as humans are more familiar than we know...sometimes a burning bush makes more colloquial sense than foliage on fire. Anyway, I think you are under the false impression that because I defend the bible I am a religious zealot. I'm not. I take as much stock if not more in the other texts you mention, my preferred "religious" text being a toss up between the Gita and the Torah (old testament). So in my scant research of it(people spend entire lifetimes breaking down the Bible, that's not my calling) I've found the Bible is wise as are the other texts. I hope that answers your question.

2h66mpx.jpg

Outer Court

Approaching the pylon towers which made out the entrance into the Outer Court the processional path lead up to the great portal which was set between them. Passing through it one reached an outer court. The general worshipper was probably not allowed further into the temple building than this. Here he was met by priests who received his offerings and forwarded them into the temple. Shrines with statues of other gods beside the one which the temple was built for was often found here and the visitor could honor these, leave offerings and pray by them.
Inner Court

Often yet another pair of pylons had to be passed before the inner court was reached. These courtyards were without roof, this open space in front of the pylons went back to the original reed shrines in predynastic times. Reliefs on the walls depicted the king in battle or making offerings to the gods. It is uncertain if the common townspeople were allowed entry here, perhaps they were allowed to watch some of the rites on festival days.

2h66mpx.jpg

Outer Court

Approaching the pylon towers which made out the entrance into the Outer Court the processional path lead up to the great portal which was set between them. Passing through it one reached an outer court. The general worshipper was probably not allowed further into the temple building than this. Here he was met by priests who received his offerings and forwarded them into the temple. Shrines with statues of other gods beside the one which the temple was built for was often found here and the visitor could honor these, leave offerings and pray by them.
Inner Court

Often yet another pair of pylons had to be passed before the inner court was reached. These courtyards were without roof, this open space in front of the pylons went back to the original reed shrines in predynastic times. Reliefs on the walls depicted the king in battle or making offerings to the gods. It is uncertain if the common townspeople were allowed entry here, perhaps they were allowed to watch some of the rites on festival days.

Too much info .... jeezzz ....

The idea is that the temples were designed to allow all to come inside but (like at a rock concert) there were levels of passes, and very few had all-access. Most people could not see the rites that were being performed. It would be like if you went to see Morrissey and he performed in the dressing room and left. (oh wait...) ;)

The idea is that the temples were designed to allow all to come inside but (like at a rock concert) there were levels of passes, and very few had all-access. Most people could not see the rites that were being performed. It would be like if you went to see Morrissey and he performed in the dressing room and left. (oh wait...) ;)

Exactly.

this is like watching a horserace, and seeing one come from out of the pack as they enter the final stretch. if you keep this up you could WIN the thread. ;)

Are you saying that you want more Pope Manson, Dave? :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I just felt the urge to make a statement on this thread that might give both atheists and religious people a common enemy, so you can stop hating each other and hate me instead:
The Illuminati invented all religion many thousand years ago as the ultimate tool to set the peoples of the world to fight against each other.
As long as all the world religions exist this world won't be much more than a steaming pile of shit.
So I am more prone to an atheistic point of view, but being the conspiracy nut I am, I rest assured that I'll be laughed at by everyone. :D

And in addition to all that, I see absolutely nothing wrong in being spiritual or believing in something, no matter what it might be. I just see a difference between being religious and being a believer. Not being religious doesn't mean that you don't believe in anything spiritual.
To me believing in books and stories about invisible men and sinful, apple-picking women made of ribs, which probably have been written by some clever men some thousands of years ago, seem like the worse option, compared to using my own head and heart and do what feels right.

So the very same people who do not know the difference between gender and sex and stereotypes also do not know the difference between God, Jesus, religion, spirituality, the Pope and church. In their own mother tongue. :thumb:

Hang on, get your facts straight. If you understood ANYTHING about christianity you'd be aware that we believe Christ's passion, death and resurection superseded the 'old covenant' of the Jews, infact the whole of John's Gospel attests to this. He came to fulfil the 'old law'. To me, that certainly doesn't mean we all believe we should go around doing what some of the people in the old testament did. ffs. Sure we take it all in as part of 'salvation history', how we came to be where we are today a such, but we hardly think about basing our lives on the actions of Old Testament characters. Its plain to see atheistic characters are just as bad as us terrible scandal-prone catholics. Take a look at hitler who yes WAS atheistic despite his catholic upbringing. If you don't believe me then read what he has to say on the church in various primary sources.

:mad::mad::mad:

Your saying outright that Christianity is "better" and "more civilized" than Judaism just makes me all kinds of angry. You made a very ignorant and highly offensive statement there.

As for me, I don't need to base my morality and my decisions on the actions of fictional characters at all. It disturbs me highly that there are people who still do.

As for me, I don't need to base my morality and my decisions on the actions of fictional characters at all.

They prefer to use the word "allegory," rather than "fiction." You see, trying to teach ethics and morality to modern people nowadays using "fiction" would seem pretty pretty silly and take away all the gravitas.

Tags
m manson ftw the secret
Back
Top Bottom