Ouch (>_<) woman attacked Pope Benedict XVI

Unconfirmed reports state it was Mike Joyce.

Agreed. It sounds like Ratzinger's conduct as a Nazi Youth could have been worse, could have been better. I think it's a bit of a grey area and somewhat dated, so I don't dwell on it too much. It's not an open and shut case of damnation. But like you, I have plenty of other things he's done that are more recent to dislike him immensely for. Such as:

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/article-23369148-pope-led-cover-up-of-child-abuse-by-priests.do

"Pope Ratzinger's policies aided, concealed priestly child abuse"

The Pope played a leading role in a systematic cover-up of child sex abuse by Roman Catholic priests, according to a shocking documentary to be screened by the BBC tonight.

In 2001, while he was a cardinal, he issued a secret Vatican edict to Catholic bishops all over the world, instructing them to put the Church's interests ahead of child safety.

The document recommended that rather than reporting sexual abuse to the relevant legal authorities, bishops should encourage the victim, witnesses and perpetrator not to talk about it. And, to keep victims quiet, it threatened that if they repeat the allegations they would be excommunicated.

Five years ago he sent out an updated version of the notorious 1962 Vatican document Crimen Sollicitationis - Latin for The Crime of Solicitation - which laid down the Vatican's strict instructions on covering up sexual scandal. It was regarded as so secret that it came with instructions that bishops had to keep it locked in a safe at all times.

Cardinal Ratzinger reinforced the strict cover-up policy by introducing a new principle: that the Vatican must have what it calls Exclusive Competence. In other words, he commanded that all child abuse allegations should be dealt with direct by Rome.

Patrick Wall, a former Vatican-approved enforcer of the Crimen Sollicitationis in America, tells the programme: "I found out I wasn't working for a holy institution, but an institution that was wholly concentrated on protecting itself."

And Father Tom Doyle, a Vatican lawyer until he was sacked for criticising the church's handling of child abuse claims, says: "What you have here is an explicit written policy to cover up cases of child sexual abuse by the clergy and to punish those who would call attention to these crimes by the churchmen.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_sex_abuse_cases#Crimen_Sollicitationis_controversy

"The Vatican responded that the document was not only widely misinterpreted, but moreover had been superseded by more recent guidelines in the 1960s and 1970s, and especially the 1983 Code of Canon Law."

(But then the document is secret, not at all transparent, so we don't really know if they're lying or not. Also, why was the document updated in 2001?)

http://www.secularism.org.uk/113418.html

"Pope blames atheists for global warming"

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/18/opinion/18wed2.html

"Pope on condoms and AIDS in Africa"

I very much agree with you!

All the stuff he said is absolutely ridiculous. Which is no surprise really, religion being one of this world's major political tools of oppression and creating conflict.

well, she did choose to go listen to an old nazi who claims to have a personal relationship with some imaginary guy who lives in the sky. i would imagine she even bases her life's decisions partly on this nutter's opinions. doesn't seem particularly sane to me.

I wonder what he thinks about Obama? :straightface:

I very much agree with you!

All the stuff he said is absolutely ridiculous. Which is no surprise really, religion being one of this world's major political tools of oppression and creating conflict.

Looking forward to the day religion becomes illegal, and the pilgrims make a pilgrimage to Mars.

People ask what it is that keeps atheists from doing evil things, without Gawd telling them what to do. I have the opposite thought: If 90% of the population believes Gawd keeps you from dying until its you're time, what is it that keeps their hands on the steering wheel as they drive past us?

Last edited:
Looking forward to the day religion becomes illegal, and the pilgrims make a pilgrimage to Mars.

People ask what it is that keeps atheists from doing evil things, without Gawd telling them what to do. I have the opposite thought: If 90% of the population believes Gawd keeps you from dying until its you're time, what is it that keeps their hands on the steering wheel as they drive past us?

Most atheists I've met we're pricks about it.

Very haughty about their lack of faith.

The pope is a Nazi twat.

Jukebox Jury

Even though you (for some unknown reason) sign your name after every post, I don't know how an adult human being could sign their name to such a repulsive, ignorant comment.

It's like saying it's ok for people to attack Morrissey because he's an arrogant, vegetarian, animal rights activist, bullshit spouting c***. Just because you don't agree with someone doesn't mean it's right to attack them.

That's what Hitler did. I'll support anyone's right to hate Jews, blacks, Catholics, Protestants, Morrissey, whatever... but, f*** me, keep it to yourself. People can make up their own minds.

What an ill-informed cretin you must be.

Even though you (for some unknown reason) sign your name after every post, I don't know how an adult human being could sign their name to such a repulsive, ignorant comment.

It's like saying it's ok for people to attack Morrissey because he's an arrogant, vegetarian, animal rights activist, bullshit spouting c***. Just because you don't agree with someone doesn't mean it's right to attack them.

That's what Hitler did. I'll support anyone's right to hate Jews, blacks, Catholics, Protestants, Morrissey, whatever... but, f*** me, keep it to yourself. People can make up their own minds.

What an ill-informed cretin you must be.

Thanks for keeping all of this to yourself. Well done!

lkzyz89efm_clap.gif

It's totally unnecessary, that's what's wrong with it. If you don't have a faith, then the fact someone else does should not bother you to the point where you feel compelled to be "haughty" about it. Live and let live. Just because you have an opinion on something doesn't automatically mean everyone needs to hear it.

Nope. The atheists I know are disgusted by the negative influence religion has over our society. The child abuse, misogyny, racism, homophobia, xenophobia, and a lot more.

I am not sorry that I am strongly against a book that condones rape.

Most atheists I've met we're pricks about it. Very haughty about their lack of faith.

That's a common attack religious people make against atheists, that some of them proselytize.

Which couldn't possibly be more ironic. Christianity is the epitome of proselytizing. And I've encountered many Christians who haughtily consider themselves superior to atheists. I'd argue the Bible itself is haughty, since it states that the only way to Heaven and eternal salvation is through the Bible, Christianity and Jesus Christ.

And nothing could be haughtier than the Pope... especially when earlier this year he blamed atheists for global warming. I'm haughty for failing to tolerate / excuse this public attack on me and my friends by the Pope, for which he has yet to apologize?

My wishing for religion to be criminalized isn't necessarily my feeling superior to any individual Christians, but due to all the bad effects that IMHO have been perpetrated upon the human race in the name of superstition and the greed of the Church.

There's no other explanation but greed for all levels of the Catholic clergy aiding and abetting child molesters by moving them around just 10 to 20 years ago. No other reason for the Pope totally inventing the idea of purgatory and of buying your way out of Hell by tithing to the Church.

If it wasn't for the existence of the Church has hindered the advancement of multiple scientific principles (Galileo, Copernicus, environmentalism, stem cell research, evolution, carbon dating, paleontology, etc.) as well as health and humanitarian issues (condoms in Africa, abortion for victims of rape and incest, etc.). I don't think this is so far fetched, or proof of my being a dick or full of myself personally. I think it's a statement of fact and/or opinion.

On environmentalism, besides the statements of the Pope this year, look at the writings of James Watt, the uber-Christian that Reagan appointed to protect the environment as head of the Dept. of Interior.

James Watt, in his article, "Ours Is the Earth," made it clear that he viewed the earth as "merely a temporary way station on the road to eternal life...The earth was put here by the Lord for His people to subdue and to use for profitable purposes on their way to the hereafter."

During a March 1991 dinner event organized by the Green River Cattlemen's Association in Wyoming, Watt said, "If the troubles from environmentalists cannot be solved in the jury box or at the ballot box, perhaps the cartridge box should be used."

It's totally unnecessary, that's what's wrong with it. If you don't have a faith, then the fact someone else does should not bother you to the point where you feel compelled to be "haughty" about it. Live and let live. Just because you have an opinion on something doesn't automatically mean everyone needs to hear it.

So the Pope gets to express his opinion, crazy ass as it often is, but we don't??? :confused:

Is the Pope "living and let living?" Isn't he known for believing that any dissent from his strict interpretation of dogma must be silenced and stamped out?

So the Pope gets to express his opinion, crazy ass as it often is, but we don't??? :confused:

Is the Pope "living and let living?" Isn't he known for believing that any dissent from his strict interpretation of dogma must be silenced and stamped out?

I guess you're not gonna hear a response from dear Thrupenny anytime soon as he/she/it just got banned.

Sad, eh? What a promising career. Interrupted.

That's a common attack religious people make against atheists, that some of them proselytize.

Which couldn't possibly be more ironic. Christianity is the epitome of proselytizing. And I've encountered many Christians who haughtily consider themselves superior to atheists. I'd argue the Bible itself is haughty, since it states that the only way to Heaven and eternal salvation is through the Bible, Christianity and Jesus Christ.

And nothing could be haughtier than the Pope... especially when earlier this year he blamed atheists for global warming. I'm haughty for failing to tolerate / excuse this public attack on me and my friends by the Pope, for which he has yet to apologize?

My wishing for religion to be criminalized isn't necessarily my feeling superior to any individual Christians, but due to all the bad effects that IMHO have been perpetrated upon the human race in the name of superstition and the greed of the Church.

There's no other explanation but greed for all levels of the Catholic clergy aiding and abetting child molesters by moving them around just 10 to 20 years ago. No other reason for the Pope totally inventing the idea of purgatory and of buying your way out of Hell by tithing to the Church.

If it wasn't for the existence of the Church has hindered the advancement of multiple scientific principles (Galileo, Copernicus, environmentalism, stem cell research, evolution, carbon dating, paleontology, etc.) as well as health and humanitarian issues (condoms in Africa, abortion for victims of rape and incest, etc.). I don't think this is so far fetched, or proof of my being a dick or full of myself personally. I think it's a statement of fact and/or opinion.

On environmentalism, besides the statements of the Pope this year, look at the writings of James Watt, the uber-Christian that Reagan appointed to protect the environment as head of the Dept. of Interior.

James Watt, in his article, "Ours Is the Earth," made it clear that he viewed the earth as "merely a temporary way station on the road to eternal life...The earth was put here by the Lord for His people to subdue and to use for profitable purposes on their way to the hereafter."

During a March 1991 dinner event organized by the Green River Cattlemen's Association in Wyoming, Watt said, "If the troubles from environmentalists cannot be solved in the jury box or at the ballot box, perhaps the cartridge box should be used."

Post of the day, if not week, if not month.

Peter

Wait. So the Pope is the living representative of an ominpotent invisible man who noone has ever seen, who makes pronouncements of morality that more than one billion people are expected to follow no matter how asinine. A man whose divine friend has seen fit to persecute and condemn people for human failings, damning them to an eternity of misery, while his underlings have pillaged and abused their way for centuries. And Atheists are haughty? Uh huh.

Most atheists I've met are pricks about it. Why would I know or care that they are atheists, any more than I would care or know that they are not?

Most atheists I've met are pricks about it. Why would I know or care that they are atheists, any more than I would care or know that they are not?

What?

So you were walking down the street and random people came up and professed their hatred of Jesus? Or, as I suspect you were talking about a religious or cultural issue and they expressed their opinion on it by expounding on their perspective...you know like people do in a conversation. Of course, you don't, you just make snide comments about how arrogant or blinkered people are while cloaking your own opinions so you can't be pinned down. Eh Dave?

Tags
m manson ftw the secret
Back
Top Bottom