S&G - New Years Day?

Sadly I wont be there as not in the country, but know of several who are going.
Main thing to check is how you are getting home - there are no midnight buses on the Friday evening / Saturday morning, so imagine the taxi drivers will raise their prices accordingly:mad:

If I owned the S&G, I'd allow people to crash downstairs for the night and also offer to do a fry up in the morning (veggie fry up, of course:thumb:)

Jukebox Jury

Well, as long as other people are going apart from me, then I may just pop along!

I know re: public transport issues, but I may splash out on a nice double-fare taxi (it is XMAS after all), or book a hotel as they're not too badly priced if you can share with someone!

If I owned the S&G, I'd allow people to crash downstairs for the night and also offer to do a fry up in the morning (veggie fry up, of course:thumb:)
Jukebox Jury

It's a good job you don't then.

Doesn't the double rate for taxis stop at 6pm New Year's Day anyway? We'll find out - it definitely won't be double at 2.30am on Saturday morning though.

It is. AND you're in Manchester...what are you waiting for! :)

Yes I know Zelda Zonk, No excuses really, I'm just wondering if it might take me back in time to the good old days of 'The Venue' ? for some reason I keep getting the feeling of being in the Venue when I think of the S&G.... had some wild Friday nights in there :guitar: :D

Yes I know Zelda Zonk, No excuses really, I'm just wondering if it might take me back in time to the good old days of 'The Venue' ? for some reason I keep getting the feeling of being in the Venue when I think of the S&G.... had some wild Friday nights in there :guitar: :D

The Venue!:eek:
I only ever went in there once..... the bouncers frightened me so much I gave it a miss after that:(

Jukebox Jury

I don't know what The Venue is/was, so I can't compare. Sounds fun though.

It was a dive club on Whitworth Street where people who couldn't get into the Hacienda ended up. I once watched a girl get dumped by her boyfriend in here. She cried for about a minute then spent the next 30 minutes smashing every bottle and pint pot in the club. The Bouncers didn't bat an eyelid. She just kept throwing them against the wall.

It was a shithole.

The Venue!:eek:
I only ever went in there once..... the bouncers frightened me so much I gave it a miss after that:(

Jukebox Jury

Haha you've not lived JJ, the Venue was 'THE' place to be on a Friday night, just thinking where you could have gone....Hacienda maybe? was never too keen on that place, although saw the Stone Roses in there that was a night and half ;)

I don't know what The Venue is/was, so I can't compare. Sounds fun though.

The Venue was a small-ish club on whitworth Street that played Indie on a Friday and Saturday nights, but played loads of The Smiths, great times :cool:

It was a dive club on Whitworth Street where people who couldn't get into the Hacienda ended up. I once watched a girl get dumped by her boyfriend in here. She cried for about a minute then spent the next 30 minutes smashing every bottle and pint pot in the club. The Bouncers didn't bat an eyelid. She just kept throwing them against the wall.

It was a shithole.

Haha you've not lived JJ, the Venue was 'THE' place to be on a Friday night, just thinking where you could have gone....Hacienda maybe? was never too keen on that place, although saw the Stone Roses in there that was a night and half ;)

The Venue was a small-ish club on whitworth Street that played Indie on a Friday and Saturday nights, but played loads of The Smiths, great times :cool:

It's now a snooker club.
I used to go to the Boardwalk a lot and also Devilles:guitar:

Jukebox Jury

Back
Top Bottom