Frink Thread Fight Club -

Great idea for a thread.

I occasionally lurk on the frink, but I'm no frinker - I'm just not into Morrissey like that. Still, those photos are irresistible. :D

I have a piece of his shirt that I folded up and placed in a rather ornate locket that I wear on rare occasions. I was wearing it to a fancy dress party the other night, and someone asked what was inside. I had forgotten about the shirt until I opened up the locket, and I was seized with a powerful desire to snort the damn thing there and then!

This is definitely not healthy behavior, and it goes against every rule I have about idolatry and self-respect and common sense. But MORRISSEY JUST SMELLS SO DAMN GOOD, and I have such visceral memories of his presence, that I nearly forgot myself. :rolleyes:

So, all the shirt-sucking is kinda sick, but I totally understand it. :squiffy:

Great idea for a thread.

I occasionally lurk on the frink, but I'm no frinker - I'm just not into Morrissey like that. Still, those photos are irresistible. :D

I have a piece of his shirt that I folded up and placed in a rather ornate locket that I wear on rare occasions. I was wearing it to a fancy dress party the other night, and someone asked what was inside. I had forgotten about the shirt until I opened up the locket, and I was seized with a powerful desire to snort the damn thing there and then!

This is definitely not healthy behavior, and it goes against every rule I have about idolatry and self-respect and common sense. But MORRISSEY JUST SMELLS SO DAMN GOOD, and I have such visceral memories of his presence, that I nearly forgot myself. :rolleyes:

Well, in a way Morrissey is kinda like a drug. So that does make sense.

Great idea for a thread.

What a great idea to put it in a locket!

I agree with you; I don't think it's healthy behavior either. You summed up my sentiments exactly.

You can tell I was a little bored last night....going to the trouble of taking that picture. :lbf: :crazy:

What a great idea to put it in a locket!

I agree with you; I don't think it's healthy behavior either. You summed up my sentiments exactly.

You can tell I was a little bored last night....going to the trouble of taking that picture. :lbf: :crazy:

I am tempted to ask what it tasted like because it looks like you barely touched the shirt with your tongue. :lbf:

I don't even have a piece of any of his shirts because I thought it was ridiculous. Sorry, hilarious. I laughed my head off watching the fights. And in the UK in May those fights at the concerts that I went to ended up right next to me so that I'd just have had to make a grab to claim my piece. I did ask Morrissey though before my first concert not to throw his stinking, sweaty shirt at me and it earned me a very grim look. At the time I had no idea it was some holy ritual. Gosh, how could I? So there you go. Grim look as I entered his world, grim look as I left it, come full circle.

I am tempted to ask what it tasted like because it looks like you barely touched the shirt with your tongue. :lbf:

I don't even have a piece of any of his shirts because I thought it was ridiculous. Sorry, hilarious. I laughed my head off watching the fights. And in the UK in May those fights at the concerts that I went to ended up right next to me so that I'd just have had to make a grab to claim my piece. I did ask Morrissey though before my first concert not to throw his stinking, sweaty shirt at me and it earned me a very grim look. At the time I had no idea it was some holy ritual. Gosh, how could I? So there you go. Grim look as I entered his world, grim look as I left it, come full circle.

You're right, if I touched my tongue to the shirt at all, it was only slightly.
Trick photography. :lbf:

I was at the Manchester shows too; I was amazed by how rough they were compared to what I'm used to here. Big, brawny guys all fighting for a piece.

It's hilarious that you told him not to throw the shirt at you.
I laughed out loud when I read it...
That, and your grim look at the "circle of life." :lbf:

Well, in a way Morrissey is kinda like a drug. So that does make sense.

Sometimes Morrissey does seem like a drug. Sometimes he seems like a coping mechanism. Sometimes he seems like an artistic or spiritual touchstone. He seldom seems like what he actually is: a good-looking singer with an interesting voice.

You are right, CrystalGeezer: Morrissey casts one powerful spell.

I keep a distance from "idolatry".
I think there's a difference between obsession that negativly affects a person's life, and an enthusiasm which provides an entertaining and satisfying diversion from the stresses of real life.

What one person feel comfortable with is Eewww! :sick: to another.

I find it interesting that fights about the apropriateness of lusting (however lightheartedly) over a pop star recur, but I have yet to see a fight break out over the "appropriateness" of posting pin-ups or photos of favourite actresses/singers.
There does seem to be an assumption that it is OK, natural, for (mainly) het males to talk about their desires/fantasies, ie "I'd totally do her" but for the (mainly) female Frinkers, it is something that has to be justified or is challenged as unhealthy.

I think the problem with some of the critics is they take the comments in the Frink too seriously. They imagine that the posters really mean it. For the most part, it's a fantasy.

The question of whether sexual fantasy has a part in real-life relationships is something for the people involved to decide for themselves.

I keep a distance from "idolatry".
I think there's a difference between obsession that negativly affects a person's life, and an enthusiasm which provides an entertaining and satisfying diversion from the stresses of real life.

What one person feel comfortable with is Eewww! :sick: to another.

I find it interesting that fights about the apropriateness of lusting (however lightheartedly) over a pop star recur, but I have yet to see a fight break out over the "appropriateness" of posting pin-ups or photos of favourite actresses/singers.
There does seem to be an assumption that it is OK, natural, for (mainly) het males to talk about their desires/fantasies, ie "I'd totally do her" but for the (mainly) female Frinkers, it is something that has to be justified or is challenged as unhealthy.

I think the problem with some of the critics is they take the comments in the Frink too seriously. They imagine that the posters really mean it. For the most part, it's a fantasy.

The question of whether sexual fantasy has a part in real-life relationships is something for the people involved to decide for themselves.

The reason the whole thing started was that Scarlet was called out on lusting for a singer while being a married woman, that she is at peace with talking about intimate details of her obsession in a public forum while unaware that she's making a cuckold out of her husband. I like looking at the pics, sometimes I think AND COMMENT that "Hey, I'd do him." :D THat's why this started, not because the frink in itself is bad. Hell, we live on the earth, we need to associate with earthly things like touching a hot body, I totally get it. But reasonableness dictates that you don't talk cum gutters of another man when your very man is a presense in the same forum. Obsession however does not leave a lot of room for reasonableness. And feel free to call me out on anything, I know I'm a nut who thinks Morrissey's my soulmate. :p I've got symbols and an entire library of pop culture to prove it though so I highly suggest nobody pick that fight with me because I'll pummel you. :D

I'm all for a bit of lusty, even pervy banter about various people in the public eye, but to do so in a public forum, where it is likely to be brought to the attention of the person or persons in question (or their families) makes me uncomfortable. As those who know me in other online contexts will testify, I'm not at all prudish. I'm just "there's a-time-and-a-place"-ish.

PS: Concert shirts have been ripped apart by sweaty, boozed up blokes who probably didn't wash their hands after using the venue toilets. Remember that germ survey on peanuts left in open bowls on pub counters? :sick:

I'm all for a bit of lusty, even pervy banter about various people in the public eye, but to do so in a public forum, where it is likely to be brought to the attention of the person or persons in question (or their families) makes me uncomfortable. As those who know me in other online contexts will testify, I'm not at all prudish. I'm just "there's a-time-and-a-place"-ish.

PS: Concert shirts have been ripped apart by sweaty, boozed up blokes who probably didn't wash their hands after using the venue toilets. Remember that germ survey on peanuts left in open bowls on pub counters? :sick:

Plus,Morrissey seems to get sick every other week.The man is a walking sweat gland of germs.:p

Interesting that you make the assumption that there is a difference being made. Between males and females. And that because males do it, females should do just as well. How about neither males nor females doing it?

I wrote..
"There does seem (my italics) to be an assumption that it is OK.."

based on my observations of behaviour on different threads, not that I believe that there is a particular way males and females should behave. I hoped to be pointing out the lack of even-handedness in the values applied to the behaviour, rather than the behaviour itself.

CrystalGeezer
THat's why this started, not because the frink in itself is bad. Hell, we live on the earth, we need to associate with earthly things like touching a hot body, I totally get it. But reasonableness dictates that you don't talk cum gutters of another man when your very man is a presense in the same forum. Obsession however does not leave a lot of room for reasonableness.

^^Which I was trying to find a way to suggest.

The lads I work with talk about sex and attraction very differently when they think no female is in hearing distance. This does not neccessarily imply double standards, but how comfortable people are expressing themselves in different social situations.
The way a person describes the other is based on their own values and self-esteem, and cannot define the object of their attention, except in their own imagination.

I assume you are arguing that lack of respect is being shown both to the object of lust, and the significant other in a relationship. It appears to me that Morrissey uses sexual appeal in the way he presents himself on stage in order to maximise the impact of the songs and the concert experience for the audience. But because he sings about drinking does not justify chucking beer at him, or about desire, to jump up on stage and assault him like "leopard print" did.

I would agree with TCM that there is a time and a place. There's a difference between looking at arousing pictures in the privacy of your home, and pinning up said pictures in a workplace where others might feel uncomfortable about that. The negotiation of public/private boundaries is a sensitive subject, but important to discuss.

This is it. Shirt-suckers present at the frink thread (and/or their supporters) kept calling the whole thing "sucking Morrissey's DNA" while whaterver they did suck out of it was hardly any DNA ;)

The other thing is - his DNA seems more valuable than anything to me. I keep thinking what a terrible waste for the world is - in terms of genetics - that he may never have a child that would inherit his genes - and his talent, maybe?

This picture of the bleeding nose is disgusting. Where was it taken and why did it happen? Not sure I really want to know. ;)

Morrissey usually sings "my heart is open to you" when he throws the shirt. But he left the "to you" out at Las Vegas. Do you think he did this for a reason?

I'm pretty sure it's a photo of pro skateboarder Caswell Berry originally taken from the epiclylaterd.com photo blog site. I'm not sure of the actual cause of the mess on his face though :confused:

Find something like licking sweaty pieces of Morrissey's shirt Bat Shit Crazy?
Then post and discuss it here.

Don't pollute the Frink Thread. :thumb:

IMG_1567-1.jpg

This was a shirt from the Ringleader Tour.
I never licked it until tonight.

Keep this poem with the shirt trouble (think of Moz as you read it):

What if I were to taste you, pour liquor from my mouth in your lips

Would you let me pull you to me, savor the closeness, your breath against my fingertips

Can I take your tongue and suck the sweetness and the burn of the alcohol that resides there

Ease myself down comfortably straddle you in a chair

Will the movement of my lips across your neck and whispering in your ear

Lovingly stroking your face with my soft cheek and taking away all your secret fears

Pressed thighs, I look into your eyes Licking my lips

Your arms around me encircling my narrow hips

A shot I feed you a nice burning taste followed by my playful kiss

Sucking the liquid from my mouth, lips conjoined tight in a twist

My hands on your face, my hair covering our delicious endeavour

Hot liquid racing in my stomach and I'm feeling really excited I want to make you mine forever

I want to pour this entire bottle of alcohol all over your body and use my lips to savor all its glory

The licking and sucking that would just be the beginning of a beautiful story.....

:D

Keep this poem with the shirt trouble (think of Moz as you read it):

What if I were to taste you, pour liquor from my mouth in your lips

Would you let me pull you to me, savor the closeness, your breath against my fingertips

Can I take your tongue and suck the sweetness and the burn of the alcohol that resides there

Ease myself down comfortably straddle you in a chair

Will the movement of my lips across your neck and whispering in your ear

Lovingly stroking your face with my soft cheek and taking away all your secret fears

Pressed thighs, I look into your eyes Licking my lips

Your arms around me encircling my narrow hips

A shot I feed you a nice burning taste followed by my playful kiss

Sucking the liquid from my mouth, lips conjoined tight in a twist

My hands on your face, my hair covering our delicious endeavour

Hot liquid racing in my stomach and I'm feeling really excited I want to make you mine forever

I want to pour this entire bottle of alcohol all over your body and use my lips to savor all its glory

The licking and sucking that would just be the beginning of a beautiful story.....

:D

:eek: I'm not sure if I should be laughing or taking notes. :p

ok, I am taking your word for it dude :straightface:
maybe you care translate for me what CG and trubz are babbling about :confused:

Robby, it's an overused phrase, but: if you gotta ask, you ain't never gonna know. ;)

This is what bothers me about the frink thread as well. I have no objection to all the goings-on, but the fact that it undoubtedly comes to Morrissey's attention should give one pause. Then again, he did use the "Your-Arse-An-All" shot, and that naked 7" image, so he's clearly somewhat comfortable with a certain amount of lascivious attention.

I have an actor/comedian friend who mentioned that he visited his fan site once, and was both repulsed and a bit frightened (and I'm betting that he doesn't have anything like a frink thread). He now avoids it at all costs. I hope that Morrissey has someone who does all the lurking for him; I can't imagine what it would be like for him to actually read all this silliness. :blushing:

Tags
benice2scarlet bscwazies bunchofwankers catfightsrhot cg = greatness cgeezer = love cgh8ersgtfonow cgintervention cgisawesome craaaazyyy crystalgeezer<3 dave4meth dr quinn erotomania i <3 crystal kicking off letthecrazygo real_pedophile scott4jackie shirtlickersrus uhoh viva hate we love cg <3
Back
Top Bottom