Lady GaGa

You need to hear it. Personally one of my favourite Smiths songs. He doesn't really 'la' in it, just kind of does a mumbly-yodelly thing. It's cool. :thumb: Anyway, back to Gaga...

No, you're right, he doesn't. Except in the chorus, of course :crazy:

*is tempted to be honest about how she feels about Lady GaGa*

Let's just say she should spend less time comming up with odd outfits to show off her ass,vagina,breats, and more time on her music. Her music is crap, and all she has are gimmicks. And you know she's getting help from her label to fix her songs up before they go out. So even with help her music is shit. I've heard her sing live, and she's horrid. She couldn't perform her song because she was having a wardrobe issue that she wouldn't have had if she didn't need fifteen tons of metal and lace in order to have your attention. She distracts you from how bad she is with her odd visuals. How can you take anyone seriously with lyrics like:

Rah-rah-ah-ah-ah-ah!
Roma-roma-mamaa!
Ga-ga-ooh-la-la!

She is crap, and all her record sales tell me is that there are more idiots in the world than I had first thought.

Such a shame. I was expecting something more along the lines of Penthouse Forum. It's still not too late to oblige, btw.

*rubs temples* To be honest, I've never heard Rubber Ring. And in 'We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful' he was using it in a sarcastic manner. But there is a large difference in using "la" in a sprinkling manner to add to the body of the song, and using it as the main building blocks of a chorus. All of her lyrics leave me feeling as if she's not even tried. It lacks substance. And if in Rubber Ring he uses the word as his main building block, I will be disappointed in him. But the fact that in most of his other songs he reflects some level of depth in thought, well, what counts is the majority. The Majority of her songs reflect very little depth.

I wouldn't say the 'Gaga oh-la-la' is the chorus. It's instantly recognizable, (and as I said perfectly serves the "I love this song!" moment in a club), but the chorus is the "I want your love and all your lovers revenge" moment in my opinion.

Morrissey fills loads of his songs with yodelling/lalala-ing etc. It's a perfectly fine way to fill the time in a song, same as using the word "baby" which is obviously utterly unacceptable in real life.

Out of interest, how much Gaga have you listened to? Just on the radio for the "Ra-ra-ra" bit before you turn over, or anything more substantial?

Also, the biggest misconception is that Gaga thinks "Just Dance" or "Money Honey" or "Boys Boys Boys" are deep songs, and a philosophical take on life. They're not, she's admitted as much, they're songs to dance to. Which is why follow up album The Fame Monster is so good, it's not about being vacuous and famous, it's about 'other things'. There was more to her than the image the tabloids wanted to push on us.

I'd personally say that Gaga is putting in far more effort to her music, videos, presentation and generally being a pop star than Morrissey is these days.

(To be fair, the most cringeworty thing is this is exactly what I was like when I first started listening to Morrissey. People told me I'd grow out of it and I was sure they're wrong. Whoops.)

Last edited:
As a convert to Lady Gaga - here she is before she became famous

the girl has skills - she can play an instrument and sing

which a lot of artists cannot do... unfortunately..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNq1jSqakIQ

:guitar:
People should watch to the end, and f***ing hear the host's feedback. Stefani Germanotta (Lady Gaga) is amazing. She did this so people can underestimate her. I underestimated her and disregarded her. I was wrong.

It's a perfectly valid way of singing. The human voice conveys more than just language.

I agree totally - I have a soft spot for Elizabeth Fraser (Cocteau Twins) and most of her lyrics are totally unintelligible, the beauty (for me at least) is the way she uses her voice not the words she does or doesn't say.

I've never counted but Morrissey must yodel/la la/yelp/hum and whistle on a couple of dozen songs.

As for Lady Gaga - getting back on topic. She currently does nothing for me on any level - but given the way some have written about her here, I'm prepared to give her a further listen. I have an album of hers here and will give it a go in the morning, after which I will be more qualified to comment.

As for Lady Gaga - getting back on topic. She currently does nothing for me on any level - but given the way some have written about her here, I'm prepared to give her a further listen. I have an album of hers here and will give it a go in the morning, after which I will be more qualified to comment.

I recommend you these songs:

Bad romance
Paparazzi
Speechless
Poker face
Alejandro
Dance in the dark

I recommend you these songs:

Bad romance
Paparazzi
Speechless
Poker face
Alejandro
Dance in the dark

Just posting to second this recommendation. I've started listening to her over the last few days (on the back of the fantastic 'Bad Romance', as well as the fact that she is clearly a pop star with no small amount of intelligence and self-determination), and those are among the songs I've found to have the most instant appeal. If you don't find much to like in them after half-a-dozen listens then that would probably be an indication that her music isn't for you. (I hope you do enjoy them though, obviously :) ).

Last edited:
15q2btf.jpg

I'm happy for Scientology, they have a nice volcano, and I'ma let them finish. But Lady Gaga and I belong to the Illuminati and that's the craziest religion of all time! Of All Time!

I like *her*, but her music is unlistenable. She's quite entertaining, I like the scale of her crackers-styling, but her songs are everything I hate about modern music. Shame really.

(Although, I'm not sure that I do like her. It's probably just because once, when asked who's style she admired, she said Morrissey. This happens quite alot.)

My daughter, :love: who is my eyes and ears for new music, went to see Gaga at T in the Park this year and was sooo impressed with her live gig, especially as she did not expect to even remotely enjoy it.

Tags
cock block ladyblahblah
Back
Top Bottom