Lady GaGa

Gaga gig last night was utterly awe-inspiring! I feel hungover today without having drank a drop. She is Madonna & Bowie rolled into one - I sense there will be a day when she kills off Lady Gaga and re-invents as someone else.
Costumes were fantastic and stage show was over the top genius - get yourselves to the added European dates pronto!!

Some photos - quality not great but it wasn't easy!!

27010_10150095768230085_590510084_1.jpg

27010_10150095767930085_590510084_1.jpg

27010_10150095767695085_590510084_1.jpg

She ate my heart!:
27010_10150095767675085_590510084_1.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone else going to the new UK dates? I wasn't sure at first, given the massive increase in ticket prices. But given that the tickets i had for last show were possibly the worst seats ever, i decided i would like to see her (last time i had a rear view).

Her performance on Johnathan Ross was major decideing factor, thought she looked and sounded amazing! Now have 2 tickets for MEN and i am rather looking forward to it. Expecting something out of this world for my £80 face value ticket :D

One view and i absolutely loved it!

My, she does look hot in prison uniform :horny:

I'm in two minds about Lady GaGa, she doesn't offend me like most chart rubbish and I sort of like her individuality, but I can't help thinking the 'craziness' is all part of an act to hide the fact that she no more than an average song writer.

But if her sucess is taking sales from shite like JLS, then good for her :thumb:

I'm in two minds about Lady GaGa, she doesn't offend me like most chart rubbish and I sort of like her individuality, but I can't help thinking the 'craziness' is all part of an act to hide the fact that she no more than an average song writer.

But if her sucess is taking sales from shite like JLS, then good for her :thumb:

well said.shes all fur coat and no knickers

Lady GG ,Brown Eyes on Jonathan Ross

One of those GREAT TV performances on a par with Bowie on TOGWT or Nirvana on The Word.

A little glimpse into the performer she'll morph into next ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Lady GG ,Brown Eyes on Jonathan Ross

One of those GREAT TV performances on a par with Bowie on TOGWT or Nirvana on The Word.

A little glimpse into the performer she'll morph into next ?

OK, that was a riveting performance - the music was better than the costume, which is a good thing in my book.

Lady GaGa is a great pop entertainer; she understands spectacle, and she has the talent to deliver a great show.

However, she's nothing new; she's just taken elements from so many who have gone before (Madonna, Bowie, Nomi, Elton John, etc.) and distilled them into pure pop essence. I'm one of those people who takes pop music too seriously, and I want to hear Big Ideas whenever a singer opens his/her mouth. My bad.

The fact that she disembowels Britney Spears or Jessica Simpson is a good thing for blondes everywhere. The fact that she has a couple of videos where she fatally poisons people is admittedly somewhat endearing.

Last edited by a moderator:
However, she's nothing new; she's just taken elements from so many who have gone before (Madonna, Bowie, Nomi, Elton John, etc.) and distilled them into pure pop essence.

As did they. i think she may become a Bowie/Madonna figure re-inventing her persona every few years.

She's got the talent and nice to see someone put on a show too.

However, she's nothing new; she's just taken elements from so many who have gone before (Madonna, Bowie, Nomi, Elton John, etc.) and distilled them into pure pop essence. I'm one of those people who takes pop music too seriously, and I want to hear Big Ideas whenever a singer opens his/her mouth. My bad.

This was my initial problem with her (I still don't really buy into her being a revolutionary pop musician, but she is a bloody brilliant one and certainly the best at the moment or for a very long while) - however, the Big Ideas argument is not one that sits well with me. I think 'Dance In The Dark' genuinely is one of the best songs of the last decade, if we don't get a video and single release for it then it'll be a crime, and while on one level it is very simple I also think it's as deep and evocative as many Morrissey songs.

While the wit might not be there, and it's certainly a more joyous expression of being downtrodden, the general meaning is brilliant. It's a song for all those who know they're not the best dancers, nor the best looking in the club, but it makes you want to dance your heart out nonetheless.

Any song that can be both joyously expressive and yet at the same time very sad is something worth listening to.

While it might not be the most original idea, or even the most revolutionary production (first thing cynics will say is "that sounds like the Vogue rap", but will miss the genius of that tiny bit) it is a smashing song - and if I don't get to dance my heart out to it one day in a club then I'll be ever so sad.

Just because you can dance to something, doesn't mean it's not sad.

[youtube]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TVCCjSGcnZE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TVCCjSGcnZE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

This was my initial problem with her (I still don't really buy into her being a revolutionary pop musician, but she is a bloody brilliant one and certainly the best at the moment or for a very long while) - however, the Big Ideas argument is not one that sits well with me. I think 'Dance In The Dark' genuinely is one of the best songs of the last decade, if we don't get a video and single release for it then it'll be a crime, and while on one level it is very simple I also think it's as deep and evocative as many Morrissey songs.

While the wit might not be there, and it's certainly a more joyous expression of being downtrodden, the general meaning is brilliant. It's a song for all those who know they're not the best dancers, nor the best looking in the club, but it makes you want to dance your heart out nonetheless.

Any song that can be both joyously expressive and yet at the same time very sad is something worth listening to.

While it might not be the most original idea, or even the most revolutionary production (first thing cynics will say is "that sounds like the Vogue rap", but will miss the genius of that tiny bit) it is a smashing song - and if I don't get to dance my heart out to it one day in a club then I'll be ever so sad.

Just because you can dance to something, doesn't mean it's not sad.

[youtube]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TVCCjSGcnZE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TVCCjSGcnZE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

WHOA NOW..does anyone else hear Depeche Mode's "Strangelove" at the beginning. NOT COOL GAGA! NOT COOL!

Tags
cock block ladyblahblah
Back
Top Bottom