Lady GaGa

Anyone calling her music "pop crap" is just reflecting their own biases and ignorance, because whether you like her or not she has ideas, is an artist and a musician, who can actually play. She's a skilled singer, songwriter, and artist, and is only "pop crap" in the sense that David Bowie is also pop crap.

Nicely put, Dave. Tough love.

Let's just say she should spend less time comming up with odd outfits to show off her ass,vagina,breats, and more time on her music. Her music is crap, and all she has are gimmicks. And you know she's getting help from her label to fix her songs up before they go out. So even with help her music is shit. I've heard her sing live, and she's horrid. She couldn't perform her song because she was having a wardrobe issue that she wouldn't have had if she didn't need fifteen tons of metal and lace in order to have your attention. She distracts you from how bad she is with her odd visuals. How can you take anyone seriously with lyrics like:

Rah-rah-ah-ah-ah-ah!
Roma-roma-mamaa!
Ga-ga-ooh-la-la!

She is crap, and all her record sales tell me is that there are more idiots in the world than I had first thought.

That's really laughable: a-ha, ha ha ha ha, ha ha ha ha. The intro is of course brilliant for a song that wants you to dance to it. It's the absolutely nonsense lyric that is utterly distinctive that you hear in a bar, catch your friends eye, and run to the dancefloor before you start trying to copy the video.

As for spending no time on her music; as far as I can see she spent the busiest year of her life both promoting an album she spent a few years making at the same time as recording eight brilliant songs to the chargrin of her record label who only wanted two for a special Christmas rerelease of the debut. And not only did she record eight extra brilliant songs, she recorded at least four songs that are so good I would personally call songs of the year.

As for the singing live bit, I'd disagree she's shit. I personally don't think that she's as great as some of her fans would have you believe, but I think if you compare her to other performers in her genre then she's clearly above average. But she's also not selling herself as a vocalist, she's a pop singer - her sitting at the piano belting out a ballad is the exception rather than the rule.

The thing is, for a few weeks after 'Just Dance' came out, I was saying everything you are. So not only did the visuals not distract me, they annoyed me. The music was so good that I managed to get through that and listen to the rest of it. The Fame was a great album, but suffered from some filler. The proof was always going to be in the second album and thankfully The Fame Monster is even better.

That's really laughable: a-ha, ha ha ha ha, ha ha ha ha. The intro is of course brilliant for a song that wants you to dance to it. It's the absolutely nonsense lyric that is utterly distinctive that you hear in a bar, catch your friends eye, and run to the dancefloor before you start trying to copy the video.

As for spending no time on her music; as far as I can see she spent the busiest year of her life both promoting an album she spent a few years making at the same time as recording eight brilliant songs to the chargrin of her record label who only wanted two for a special Christmas rerelease of the debut. And not only did she record eight extra brilliant songs, she recorded at least four songs that are so good I would personally call songs of the year.

As for the singing live bit, I'd disagree she's shit. I personally don't think that she's as great as some of her fans would have you believe, but I think if you compare her to other performers in her genre then she's clearly above average. But she's also not selling herself as a vocalist, she's a pop singer - her sitting at the piano belting out a ballad is the exception rather than the rule.

The thing is, for a few weeks after 'Just Dance' came out, I was saying everything you are. So not only did the visuals not distract me, they annoyed me. The music was so good that I managed to get through that and listen to the rest of it. The Fame was a great album, but suffered from some filler. The proof was always going to be in the second album and thankfully The Fame Monster is even better.

*shrug*

I guess I just demand more from my artists.

Anyone calling her music "pop crap" is just reflecting their own biases and ignorance, because whether you like her or not she has ideas, is an artist and a musician, who can actually play. She's a skilled singer, songwriter, and artist, and is only "pop crap" in the sense that David Bowie is also pop crap.

he he he. It's funny you should say that because I'm not really into Bowie either.

35aoc4z.jpg

Why are you so vulgar?

Lady Gaga isn't the problem. You're just close minded.

Why so closed minded about people who like vulgarity? :lbf: Clearly you use it. "This Bitch is on fiyah." Look, the fact that I don't like the same stuff as you is not an indication that I am close minded. It just means I LIKE DIFFERENT STUFF THAN YOU. And in this case, my dislike is quite intense. It just makes me wonder why you feel this need to have EVERYONE agree with you. It's okay for people to not like the same stuff. You seem to get in quite a huff if someone doesn't see the world the same as you. I used to be like that. It sucked. I am fine with you loving Lady GaGa. Why can't you be fine with me NOT liking her?

Last edited:
Why so closed minded about people who like vulgarity? :lbf: Clearly you use it. "This Bitch is on fiyah." Look, the fact that I don't like the same stuff as you is not an indication that I am close minded. It just means I LIKE DIFFERENT STUFF THAN YOU. And in this case, my dislike is quite intense. It just makes me wonder why you feel this need to have EVERYONE agree with you. It's okay for people to not like the same stuff. You seem to get in quite a huff if someone doesn't see the world the same as you. I used to be like that. It sucked. I am fine with you loving Lady GaGa. Why can't you be fine with me NOT liking her?

Probably the "I demand more from my artists" line. Madeja seems a bit silly ;)

Let's just say she should spend less time comming up with odd outfits to show off her ass,vagina,breats, and more time on her music. Her music is crap, and all she has are gimmicks. And you know she's getting help from her label to fix her songs up before they go out. So even with help her music is shit. I've heard her sing live, and she's horrid. She couldn't perform her song because she was having a wardrobe issue that she wouldn't have had if she didn't need fifteen tons of metal and lace in order to have your attention. She distracts you from how bad she is with her odd visuals. How can you take anyone seriously with lyrics like:

Rah-rah-ah-ah-ah-ah!
Roma-roma-mamaa!
Ga-ga-ooh-la-la!

She is crap, and all her record sales tell me is that there are more idiots in the world than I had first thought.

I agree with every word you said. I respect her for writing her own songs and trying to be an individual, but my dislike for her music and gimmicks overrides that I'm afraid.

Yeah, but I wasn't the one discussing her body part in a very vulgar way. She is the Head Bitch In Charge so seriously, it isn't that vulgar.

Yes, you like different things than then the rest of the world. You're such an individual. Truly. Such a rebel.

It's kind of sad that you waste your time on something you dislike so much, but then again you're such a nonconformist and that is to be expected.

WOW. That's actually the best rebuttal that you've come up with to date. I mean, it's not how I am, but still. I respect that you brought it up a degree.

Anyhow, YES. The word "ass" may have been vulgar, but the words "breast" & "vagina" are the clinical terms for those body parts. So I don't see your argument there. But "bitch" is a curse word, regardless of what meaning you try to endow upon it. That is, unless you are using it to refer to a female dog. You weren't meaning to state that Lady GaGa is a female dog, were you?

:squiffy:

Really?

You know, I don't know much about her, but I'll say this much: The first time I heard one of her songs I thought it was a joke or a poorly done radio commercial. I said something like, "What IS this supposed to be?" I honestly didn't think it was a real song because it sounded so awful to me.

... But, having said that, I hate 99.999% of what's out there today, so there's no point in giving my opinion on anything current, really.

Rah-rah-ah-ah-ah-ah!
Roma-roma-mamaa!
Ga-ga-ooh-la-la!

Yeah, you'd never catch Morrissey filling verses and choruses with "la-la-la" lyrics. Nope. He certainly did not use such a technique in songs such as 'Rubber Ring' or 'We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful'. He definitely didn't.

Yeah, you'd never catch Morrissey filling verses and choruses with "la-la-la" lyrics. Nope. He certainly did not use such a technique in songs such as 'Rubber Ring' or 'We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful'. He definitely didn't.

*rubs temples* To be honest, I've never heard Rubber Ring. And in 'We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful' he was using it in a sarcastic manner. But there is a large difference in using "la" in a sprinkling manner to add to the body of the song, and using it as the main building blocks of a chorus. All of her lyrics leave me feeling as if she's not even tried. It lacks substance. And if in Rubber Ring he uses the word as his main building block, I will be disappointed in him. But the fact that in most of his other songs he reflects some level of depth in thought, well, what counts is the majority. The Majority of her songs reflect very little depth.

Last edited:
*rubs temples* to be honest. I've never heard rubber ring. And in 'we hate it when our friends become successful' he was using it in a sarcastic manner.
you've never heard rubber ring?!!!?!?!?!?!

D:
D:
D:

*rubs temples* To be honest, I've never heard Rubber Ring. And in 'We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful' he was using it in a sarcastic manner. But there is a large difference in using "la" in a sprinkling manner to add to the body of the song, and using those as the main building blocks of a chorus. Her lyrics leave me feeling as if she's not even tried.

:lbf: Okay?

Tags
cock block ladyblahblah
Back
Top Bottom