Exract of forthcoming autobiography - Tate St Ives exhibition book

It sounds wonderful. I hope his autobiography can help us to find some answers. I'm really glad with the news - but is there any date to release Moz's book?
I wish it could be out soon.

I'd love to read his autobiography, but I'd say it's 50-50 we ever see it. If it comes out I'll rush out and get it for sure.

genius you say?

4137321847_4ca5740d9e_o.jpg

4138088500_579f5d100c_o.jpg

4138090032_339b4d6204_o.jpg

4137327383_0c312700b9_o.jpg

4138093120_3f4ea48ef4_o.jpg

4138094576_0ea44b4aaa_o.jpg

4138095926_73fbd85677_o.jpg

:thumb:

I'd love to read his autobiography, but I'd say it's 50-50 we ever see it. If it comes out I'll rush out and get it for sure.

True, true and true.

I really loved the stuff he wrote in the Maladjusted and SG re-release liner notes. That made me want an autobiography even more.

Thank you for your scans. As expected, the prose exceeds all expectations with it's verbal magnificence.

From this excerpt, I imagine that if we ever do see a full autobiography, it is bound to be a long one -- this six page excerpt is from ONE incident in his life in 1989. It only makes me more curious as to what else may be included in the work and the degree of detail certain aspects of his life are given as to what us fans believe should be further illuminated.

Needless to say, he certainly could have made a very decent living writing things like this had Johnny never knocked on his door. The style is positively classical.

Whoa, six pages about a bloke taking a leak in the countryside?
Or maybe it was a number 2 and he waved in the hope someone in the car would have some toilet paper...

-"No, poor Creature of the Bleak Bleak Moors! But I have this here essay...Here, my boy, wipe your shivering bottom, and be on your grey, merry way! And kindly spook us Mercedes Mortals no more!!"

tut tut. Killing trees to print that.:rolleyes:

Jesus, if he were Belgian, imagine the waffle.:)

I may be crazy but I was listening to On The Street I Ran on the way home and the first half of the song - to me anyways - appears to allude to this incident.

"Ooh, a working-class face glares back
At me from the glass and lurches
Forgive me, on the street's I ran
Turned sickness into, popular song"

Could Moz be referring to Suffer Little Children here? Inspired by the Moors once before, profiting from it's goulish past could Moz be refrencing the face as his punishment?

"Streets of wet black holes
On roads you can never know
You never have them
But, they alway's have you
'Till the day that you croak
(it's no joke)"

"Footpaths of black wet holes" is used in the piece above - and Tim describes the Moors as "They have you. You do not have them."

Granted the rest of the song appears to be a tirade against Manchester in general and doesn't really fit but I at least will be looking at this song in a whole new light from now on.

Agree? Disagree? Am I losing my senses?

GC

I may be crazy but I was listening to On The Street I Ran on the way home and the first half of the song - to me anyways - appears to allude to this incident.

"Forgive me, on the streets I ran
Turned sickness into, popular song"

Well I don't think he's talking to a grey nekkid 18 y.o. wearing nothing but a dirty anorak running wild on the Moor there, but you know, after all, it could be he got so scared, oor Moorissey, that he ran all the way to Camden High Street... :thumb:

Moorissey,

Wasting paper isn't enough to forget. You've been traumatized. The only way to forget it all is to relive it.

Deep breath. Close your eyes and count ten seconds , then open them.

picture.php

Thanks, Joe for the scans. Morrissey's writing is tops and the story touched me in a personal way. Why is it that some souls do not rest and walk amongst the living while others are at peace? :(

I enjoyed the story although it did remind me a little of an episode of Scooby-Doo with James jabbering on like Shaggy and Moz and Linder as Fred and Daphne.

I guess poor Tim is stuck being Velma.

The Mystery Van is a Mercedes. Scooby Dooby Doo.

Thanks, Joe for the scans. Morrissey's writing is tops and the story touched me in a personal way. Why is it that some souls do not rest and walk amongst the living while others are at peace? :(

I enjoyed the story although it did remind me a little of an episode of Scooby-Doo with James jabbering on like Shaggy and Moz and Linder as Fred and Daphne.

So who's Scrappy? ;)

Photoshop.:straightface: Photoshop.:straightface: Photoshop.:straightface:
Do it. :straightface: Do it. :straightface: Do it. :straightface:

Tags
autobiography
Back
Top Bottom