Exract of forthcoming autobiography - Tate St Ives exhibition book

I'm the only one that thinks it's long winded rubbish then? :D

I prefer witty, cynical, succinct Morrissey (like in his Under the Influence liner notes) rather than this dreary attempt to be meaningful and Bronte-esque.

It's fantastic. I didn't believe he'd write his own biography, but I'm sure I was completely wrong about it - thanks God. He had ever said if a true biography was released it'd be out by his own hand - and I'm seeing, it'll really happen.

I'm anxious to read his words about himself.

I prefer witty, cynical, succinct Morrissey (like in his Under the Influence liner notes) rather than this dreary attempt to be meaningful and Bronte-esque.

Please boys,

you do not demonstrate his the lack of culture (unculture ), :eek: you never to read even the newspaper , the work morrissey did was perfect here:thumb:, he plasma all his memorys , are you expecting gossip cheap . :lbf:

Last edited:

The cheek :rolleyes: Do you ever read what dogs take the trouble of writing?

:highfive: (I didn't say "long winded rubbish" because I wanted to sound more poetic.)

For whom Ellis Bell toils?
And for whom Lazy Morrissey doesn't?:rolleyes: Answer :people who can read.:D

Last edited:
The autobiography could be really brilliant, but Morrissey needs a good literary editor, not the airhead who does the luvvy dahlink books, but someone legit with gigantic brass cojones who can get the best out of a writer.

Great Life Writing from Morrissey - This is Blake Morrison's sort of thing. He wrote, And When Did You Last See Your Father? ( Granta, 1993) and, Things My Mother Never Told Me (Chatto & Windus, 2002). I hope he likes The Bleak Moor Lies as much as I do.:thumb:

I hope that if he does publish an autobiography that he comes to do a book signing at the shopping centre where I work (the Trafford Centre, just outside Manchester).

Yesterday Ossie Osborne was there to promote his book, and three hours before he was due there was already a queue of over thirty heavy metals fans there.

How very sad, I thought. Then it occurred to me that if Morrissey ever came to do the same thing, I would be waiting in line for a lot longer than that!

Ruddy hell. WHat a riveting read that was. :confused:

It only took him 3 and a half pages to set the scene!?!? And get to the visitation ffs. After managing to mention the poor animals 24 times....
Is there a literary editor out there somewhere?

And now we know what inspired Ouija Board, Ouija Board. And who knows maybe the visitation was Mike Joyce in a previous life. :lbf:

I think people have different writing style preferences. I personally love his use of language here. Like the best classic novels, you feel you're on a deeper journey. In the right hands words are magic.

Did any one read the other essays?
Some were nice, but most were....difficult. I've read my fair share of Art History academic essays...and now I remember why I fled academia. THIS is unnecessary wordiness:

"When artists endorse radical alterity the unseen and the unknown are acknowledged as magnetic reorientations. The pledge in searching out occult recesses in modernity simulates and produces new subjectivities. The risk in this endeavour, via prolixic references, immaterial and material promiscuity, is the initiation of the 'secret'....." :squiffy:

I mean, I'm sure this is brilliant, but I'm lost by the fifth word.

I much prefer:

"Walk (or drive?) further than intended, to where the tips of imagination touch the tips of reality, and to where there is no road for nine miles. The emptiest severity is all of it yours, and the biting wind will tell you that in the event of unforeseen danger, nothing can save you now."​

Those are words you want to get lost in.

Did Morrissey not talk about something similar in the interview he did for the LA magazine a few years back? Does anyone have the link to the LA mag iterview or remember what i'm talking about?

Thanks, page 2 of the link.

"Did you ever see a ghost?

Ahh . . . well, I did. It was in England. But yes, I did once.

Can you tell me about it?

Yes! It was January 1989, and it was a very bitter winter. I went with three friends onto Saddleworth Moor in the north of England, which is the most barren, desolate, desperate place . . . a place of many, many murders throughout British history — many bodies were dumped [there] because it was so hostile............."

Tags
autobiography
Back
Top Bottom