Exract of forthcoming autobiography - Tate St Ives exhibition book

Re: Forthcoming Autobiography

Morrissey + art + the occult = Spyderfyngers pretty much wetting herself with excitement.

First of all: I would love to know more about the life of Morrissey written from his own hand. Mystery go away! He once has proclaimed to live in celibacy, which was a very powerful statement, given what you have to proclaim and represent as a rock star. He went ahead and substracted sex and drugs from rock n roll, and look, rock n roll does still work. Those private things aren't nothing in pop-culture.
I surely would also love love love to read some nastily eloquent ranting about music- and showbusiness as from his perception.

And second, I know somebody who works for a German publisher, and I know there have already been some talks about translation rights.

So, watch out.

A man in shorts!!!!! *in this weather* has just delivered it.

I may be quiet for a while:)

Can you believe my copy arrived today? And good thing, too, because it was getting cold out by the mailbox.

People, purchase this book immediately. First off, it's beautifully bound. It's a linen paperback with a removeable dustjacket. The reverse side of the jacket is a black and white etching of "The Lonely Tower." The book includes 74 color plates - and there are some fabulous works of art here, I've only just begun to flip through them all.

I'm not going to ruin it for those who haven't read it yet, but Morrissey's essay is a deeper description of the ghostly encounter he talked about in my favorite interview, Moz the Cat, which Peter linked to above. It's 7 pages long. Gripping. Beautifully written. The words transport you, and you feel like you're there, riding along in the car. There's humor, there's fear, and a deep pathos for the lost souls left behind.

If this is an indication of his forthcoming autobiography, I'm over the moon because it's going to be one hell of a work of art.

The rest of the essays look good, too.
I'll read those tonight.

Just trust me...this is worth every penny.

I'd pay £19.99 just for his essay...it's so well written. Really beautifully written in fact. One of my favourite lines is:

"I start to sing, which doesn't help. So I stop, and everyone seems happier. James jabbers on about some unfolding plot on Brookside which proves interesting conversation for about a minute".

I'd pay £19.99 just for his essay...it's so well written. Really beautifully written in fact. One of my favourite lines is:

"I start to sing, which doesn't help. So I stop, and everyone seems happier. James jabbers on about some unfolding plot on Brookside which proves interesting conversation for about a minute".

:lbf::lbf::lbf:

Can you believe my copy arrived today? And good thing, too, because it was getting cold out by the mailbox.

People, purchase this book immediately. First off, it's beautifully bound. It's a linen paperback with a removeable dustjacket. The reverse side of the jacket is a black and white etching of "The Lonely Tower." The book includes 74 color plates - and there are some fabulous works of art here, I've only just begun to flip through them all.

I'm not going to ruin it for those who haven't read it yet, but Morrissey's essay is a deeper description of the ghostly encounter he talked about in my favorite interview, Moz the Cat, which Peter linked to above. It's 7 pages long. Gripping. Beautifully written. The words transport you, and you feel like you're there, riding along in the car. There's humor, there's fear, and a deep pathos for the lost souls left behind.

If this is an indication of his forthcoming autobiography, I'm over the moon because it's going to be one hell of a work of art.

The rest of the essays look good, too.
I'll read those tonight.

Just trust me...this is worth every penny.

Julie has made up my mind on purchasing. :thumb:

Just got home to find mine waiting for me, which is perfect timing for the flight to Seattle tomorrow! ;) :D Ditto everything Julie said about the book itself except I haven't read Moz's essay yet. Trying to hold off until I can concentrate on it, b/c at first very brief skim I can tell once I sit down with it I'll be unable to communicate with others until it's been read through 2 or 3 times at least. :blushing: It appears to be lovely, absorbing prose.

I'm way too excited about this.

If Morrissey's writing meets my ridiculously high expectations, I'm never going to get over him. ;)

I'm way too excited about this.

If Morrissey's writing meets my ridiculously high expectations, I'm never going to get over him. ;)

Well, I couldn't wait any longer & just read it. All I can say is... I had high expectations and I am honestly in awe. I want more! 7 pages seemed so luxuriously long but I think 700 wouldn't be long enough to satisfy me right now. :o

It's 7 pages long. Gripping. Beautifully written. The words transport you, and you feel like you're there, riding along in the car. There's humor, there's fear, and a deep pathos for the lost souls left behind.

Agreed. Faber & Faber should go with this.

This looks very interesting. I don't think the rumours about him releasing an autobiography will come true. I think his autobiography is his lyrics.

Ditto, think they say it all.

Tags
autobiography
Back
Top Bottom