'Wiliam" promo poster on Ebay is reprint

There's a seller going by the name Cufri11 who has two Smiths promo posters up on ebay right now (William + Smiths debut). I had suspicions this was the seller who tried to rip me off years back, so I wrote to ask if they were reprints. He admitted they were. He has a printing press in California. Beware!

Re: 'Wiliam.." promo poster on Ebay is reprint

There's a seller going by the name Cufri11 who has two Smiths promo posters up on ebay right now (William + Smiths debut). I had suspicions this was the seller who tried to rip me off years back, so I wrote to ask if they were reprints. He admitted they were. He has a printing press in California. Beware!
Damn. And the debut LP poster is almost too perfect ...the size is just half an inch off...

Bastard because he was hawking like it was the real thing.

L@@K http://cgi.ebay.com/The-Smiths-Roug...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item1c0e037713

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Yep, bastard indeed. Two years ago I bid on the William poster, and won it for $110US. Before I paid someone emailed and warned me it was fake. They told me to outright ask the seller if it was fake. I emailed him, he admitted it. So thankfully I was saved from losing the money. He's been kicked off ebay using various accounts; notice he has no sales history. I thought it might be him again, so I emailed to see if it was a reprint and he said it was indeed.

Thanks for letting us know Dentist. Got SOOO excited when I saw that listing.

Damn. And the debut LP poster is almost too perfect ...the size is just half an inch off...

Bastard because he was hawking like it was the real thing.

L@@K http://cgi.ebay.com/The-Smiths-Roug...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item1c0e037713

From memory, the debut album poster isn't 12x24 - so, even if it is fake, this poster is the right size.

The description is a bit odd - UK Sire promo poster. It's very clearly UK but Rough Trade...

Good to know from The Dentist that he's had a run in with this seller before - thanks

Dave

Well, someone thought William was worth £50 and The Smiths £40. Good prices for genuine items... but when I asked if they were genuine, I didn't get a reply...

Dave

I asked if they were reprints(I knew they were) and he said he just got them and he didn't know but they looked great. So I said the sizes are off and he said, "I know, I printed them, just trying to make some money" I said "you are going to piss a lot of people off and everyone knows all your accounts" so I reported him..hehe:thumb:

It's not a rip off...the seller is just selling Smiths poster

Re: Bigmouth promo poster on Ebay

It doesn't have a Rough Trade logo, seems another reprint / rip-off.

To be fair, they did say it was a high quality repro. The sizing is also different. This seller is a good one, unlike that one selling the The Smiths and William it was really nothing posters. That one was trying to mislead or hope to trick buyers.

question to all... would you guys actually buys reprints? for a much lower cost obviously... :confused:

question to all... would you guys actually buys reprints? for a much lower cost obviously... :confused:

I've been collecting them for a couple of years now and still need some... I wouldn't feel that by buying a repro I no longer needed an original... so, no I wouldn't buy repro.

Also, if the market was to become awash with repro that some might try to palm off as genuine, I'd be concerned.

But if they clearly marked as repro and sold much cheaper, then, why not. I wonder how many people have an original Chat Noir poster... and how many million have the poster from a holiday in Paris?

Dave

Back
Top Bottom