Long excerpt from James Maker's forthcoming book - very morrissey-related

That was most excellent, thanks for posting.

With his agreement, I once wrote to a Morrissey fan website forum under the pseudonym Abigail Lawson to point out the fact that Little Man, What Now? was not, as popularly believed, a lyric about the American child actor Jack Wilde. It is a circumstantial verse to the minor British actor Malcolm McFee who appeared in the 1970s British television series, Please Sir! Abigail Lawson received no less than seventy-five death threats. Impressive. Thus, one must take care to side-step the rabid, mythological stampede of one’s own zealots and, indeed, the forum cannibals who are a species best left to their own gnashing, circular idiocies. The latter are not fans, they are people who cry out for euthanasia.

:lbf::lbf::lbf:

Trufax. :thumb:

Wow

That is a book I want to read - written style is divine.

THankyou so very much for taking the time and effort to type this out,
thoroughly lovely, insightful and enjoyable read.
:)

Wouw. I have been wondering lately how my initial, very intuitive understanding of Morrissey a year and a half ago could have been so wrong. Obviously it was not. Good to know. It gives me some rest of mind. Saint Morrissey also appeared the most accurate of what I had read of Morrissey, good to read James Maker's take on it. But why on earth was he chased because he wore a bowler hat??

"The devout greetings that avalanche into your inbox can unpredictably metamorphose into delirious scissor-wielding at the stroke of an ill-advised B side selection."

:lbf:

This is great. Thank you.

Not to nitpick, but Jack Wild (not Wilde) was English, not American.

That writing reaffirms one's faith in humour, humanity and the written word... where people come second or naturally third (to borrow a line)

Talent is an asset

Thankyou for that, it was brilliant...for anyone interested, James Maker has decided to serialise some of the book online, here

ESMA CANNON......signed!!! :eek:

“Mesdames et messieurs. Ce soir j’ai l’honneur de vous introduire The Smiths.
Je suis sûr qu’ils vont fair BOUM ici et je suis certain que leur musique vous sera fascinant.”

introduire les Smiths, not really, unless you were planning to insert them between someone's buttocks. And what a wonderful way to begin the soirée that'd of been!
"faire boum" well, only if they were 4 members of El Qaida on the run. And for all we know...
Otherwise "ils vont faire un malheur" would have been a great translation (as they caused much misery AND had great success).

And I suppose you meant leur musique vous fascinera. Well I hope it did in spite of the approximative grammar...

Besides that, thanks for bitching about Linder, who very probably deserves it. And there I was thinking she'd had stage fright, doubts, thought she was not good enough... and liking her more for it. When she had just a diva moment.:mock:
Well, les chats ne font pas des chiens, Monsieur James, and I'm sure you'll guess who the fat cat is :lbf:.

Therefore Linder is back to zero likeability points and being, to me, a completely delusional whiny clingy freeloader, (besides being Morrissey's best friend) until someone writes a book to tell us that, not at all, she's actually interesting. But who will ever bother? :lbf:

Morrissey has an "interesting" mate in you that's for sure.;)

PS: Why write to Msolo when you can give your tuppence to Gothic Moths Monthly ("I'll have you know that Gothic moths...etc) ? That's what I do. They're a lot friendlier.

Regards,

B.

PS: "However, it is true that the longer one lives alone the more one becomes accustomed to, if not steeped in, one’s own marmalade" Then why ask anyone make us our favourite jam? Jam? I mean, James? It's confusing.
(btw noone "marches in", except, dunno, Sarah Palin crossed with a rhinoceros.)
You could have said more simply that he can't be bothered adjusting to anyone...Because noone will ever be worth adjusting to, (even that sexy Sidcupian actress we've all heard so much about...).:rolleyes: But thanks for trying to explain in your own words anyway. There spoke a true interfering friend? :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom