Morrissey abandons show after been smacked on head by crowd missile

DIRTYHARRY

A shocked Morrissey brought the UK leg of his current tour to an abrupt halt in Liverpool tonight (November 7) when he walked offstage after a fan threw a drink at his head.

The star said simply "good bye" at the Liverpool Echo Arena following the incident, exiting in the middle of his second song. He had started with The Smiths standard 'This Charming Man' and was in the middle of 'Black Cloud' when the incident happened.

There are conflicting eye witness reports over whether it was a plastic cup or a bottle that struck. The show was stopped for around 15 minutes as the crowd chanted his name. A little time later a member of the crew announced that the singer had been hit on the head by a bottle and the concert would not continue. Fans jeered and booed at the news.

The audience were told they would receive a full refund.

http://www.nme.com/news/morrissey/48276

A shocked Morrissey brought the UK leg of his current tour to an abrupt halt in Liverpool tonight (November 7) when he walked offstage after a fan threw a drink at his head.

The star said simply "good bye" at the Liverpool Echo Arena following the incident, exiting in the middle of his second song. He had started with The Smiths standard 'This Charming Man' and was in the middle of 'Black Cloud' when the incident happened.

There are conflicting eye witness reports over whether it was a plastic cup or a bottle that struck. The show was stopped for around 15 minutes as the crowd chanted his name. A little time later a member of the crew announced that the singer had been hit on the head by a bottle and the concert would not continue. Fans jeered and booed at the news.

The audience were told they would receive a full refund.

http://www.nme.com/news/morrissey/48276

I saw the video, but it's too far away. What I want to know, if anybody got close enough, is; Did it actually strike him? Was it glass or plastic? I'm inclined to think plastic because it looks like somebody picks it up and glass would almost certainly shatter. Most unfortunate. This tour seems off to a rough start.

The NME will have a "field day"! I can see the headlines already: MOZZA ON HIS LAST LEGS.

f*** em.

I fully support Moz for leaving that stupid f***ing show. Anyone who would throw a cup at someone like that deserves to be boiled alive.

I fully support Moz for leaving that stupid f***ing show. Anyone who would throw a cup at someone like that deserves to be boiled alive.

That's a bit harsh, don't ya think?

I'm totally with all the people who support him walking off, I also completely empathize with those frustrated by the money spent to travel and see him. I'm human and I get the emotion swirling around this event. But one thing you have to consider about MOrrissey is that the anonymous trolls that haunt us here are very real in his world because he's a little different, and sometimes a symbolic stance is the only way to communicate to that line of aggression. That's why he refused to go back on, I presume, I don't know for sure, but that's what I'd be thinking. So looking at it symbolically, if anyone cares, he sang the line "I play the game..." then the troll threw the bottle. Either he was responding cosmically to Morrissey saying, "I can play your game, you don't frighten me>' and the troll launched an aggressive statement, or else the troll new the next line and wanted Morrissey to be wet when singing "of favorites now," like a baptism thing, but it was mean spirited so I have to think about it. I know in "green" this dumb language I know, ova is egg. "Off egg now rites" Say it kinda fast, he's writing on the cosmic landscape and doesn't care for Morrissey's knowing aout him or whatever. It's hard to explain, but he's like the queen bee of trolls, and he pegged Morrissey in the head. Now a head is a bathroom on a ship so there's a whole different direction. I just know that I saw this coming, or something like this, and the crummy "luck" that Morrissey's had on this tour will most likely continue because there's nothing more juicy in the sign-seeing world than a scandal, especially on stage, so with the good signs come bad ones and that's just the way it is. Morrissey's no stranger to this I assume, but now I can make sense of it, still, I'm personally glad he did not return to the stage for the sake of his safety. I'm sure the gig would've continued just fine, but it takes an even greter toll on a man like Morrissey to be cosmically confronted by a demon douchebag when on a normal day, it still takes a lot out of him to shake all those hands perhaps. THe video makes me so sad because he was connecting and being so good to his crowd. Bleh...my sources say this kinda stuff will continue, in case anyone cares. You could just come home to me and feed cats and stuff. I'd keep you safe. :o

Last edited:
I don't think there were any signs or symbols or cosmic contexts to this thing: it was just some drunk asshole who threw a cup at him. But your version was a bit more interesting to read.

I don't think there were any signs or symbols or cosmic contexts to this thing: it was just some drunk asshole who threw a cup at him. But your version was a bit more interesting to read.

Yeah, that's probably a healthy way to look at it. :thumb: Just ignore what I said. :blushing:

:flowers:

Anyway, I'm sorry for Morrissey and for thousands of disappointed fans.

Me too. The whole thing is creepy kinda. Not Morrissey, just why would someone do that? Especially someone who waited in front and was smashed into the pit, not fun times in my experience, usually the place for die-hards. It's not like it was a Korn concert or something, he was knealing shaking hands, not smashing up the stage, it's just bizarre, unless it was an accident, like the guy accidently did it while pushed or something. His aim was too good though, it looked intentional. It's alarming to see someone intentiaonally hurl something at him.

So what happened to the troll? Did the audience hunt him down and kill him? I know that's what I would do if someone here in Berlin would cause Morrissey to abort the show!

i'm on morrissey's side on not returning to the stage. he didn't deserve to be hit.

sidenote, interesting to hear the original sounds from "i'd love it" as his intro music.

Last edited by a moderator:
One more thought then I gotta go to bed, I need toothpicks to hold up my eyelids in a minute, I had a glass of Prosecco tonight. :blushing: The thing about all this is that Morrissey has to protect himself. He has a future, it's possible that his life may just be starting in a way. So for him to sit and read the mainboard and all that stuff about him manning up or being a pussy whatever, he's a man. He's not a pussy. But he has to weigh certain things and for him I think safety is kinda tops at the moment.

I don't blame Morrissey for walking off stage at all, how humiliating for him....I'd be more than P****d off, as someone has already said you don't go to work to have missiles thrown at you....its just a shame that this Imbecile spoilt the whole show for everyone else.

I wonder if he watched the XFactor instead;) sorry to joke:flowers:

Back
Top Bottom