Shoplifters of the world united - A place in the sun's scenes?

Raphael Lambach

Today I heard Shoplifters of the world united video has a scene from a film A place in the sun.
I cannot find it from youtube, is it true?

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: for your interest

Who had done that?
I'm afraid.

Please... invisible one, post this video here...

Ooops!

I'm sorry Raphael.
I didn't mean to edit original post, due to wonky browser accident happened. :o

According to http://passionsjustlikemine.com:
"Shoplifters Of The World Unite" [1987]
Missing from "The Complete Picture" is an excellent video for "Shoplifters Of The World Unite", directed by Tamra Davis. It has prison shots from the movie "A Place In The Sun" featuring Montgomery Clift and Elizabeth Taylor and footage mostly from the Smiths' 10 April 1987 appearance on UK television show The Tube.

In Download forum, 'bootlegs / downloads site directory' thread you find the link of Smiths & Morrissey promo videos.
At the moment the server is in maintenance mode, check the link in few hours time.

Last edited:

If you buy a copy of 'Complete Picture', you can watch it.

If it's "Missing from Complete Picture", why would we buy Complete Picture to watch it?

Today I heard Shoplifters of the world united video has a scene from a film A place in the sun.
I cannot find it from youtube, is it true?

It's not an official video as there wasn't one for the song. It's one of those ones edited by fans. There's a whole bunch of them that came along after The Smiths broke up, like that one for Girl Afraid which uses clips from old 60s rock n roll films.

Ooops!

I'm sorry Raphael.
I didn't mean to edit original post, due to wonky browser accident happened. :o

According to http://passionsjustlikemine.com:

In Download forum, 'bootlegs / downloads site directory' thread you find the link of Smiths & Morrissey promo videos.
At the moment the server is in maintenance mode, check the link in few hours time.

Ok... no worries.

If it's "Missing from Complete Picture", why would we buy Complete Picture to watch it?

Agreed.

Kewpie is secretly Morrissey trying to boost sales of "The Complete Picture" :D

Really?????:lbf::eek::thumb:
I'm joking...

_________
I have my copy of CP

Last edited:
It's not an official video as there wasn't one for the song. It's one of those ones edited by fans. There's a whole bunch of them that came along after The Smiths broke up, like that one for Girl Afraid which uses clips from old 60s rock n roll films.

No, this one is an official video. I have it on a record company promo VHS, the kind that was sent to MTV and such in the 1980s.

Stephane

Could you post it here or even say where we can find it?

I will need to convert it from VHS. I will eventually put together a compilation of that sort of stuff when I have some time. Or else now that Morrissey is out of a record contract he will accept those offers to re-release his back catalogue, and perhaps we'll get a proper 'Complete Picture' this time.

Stephane

I will need to convert it from VHS. I will eventually put together a compilation of that sort of stuff when I have some time. Or else now that Morrissey is out of a record contract he will accept those offers to re-release his back catalogue, and perhaps we'll get a proper 'Complete Picture' this time.

Stephane

It's easier I wait for you, Stephane. I really don't believe that he'll accept any re-release.
Anyway, if you will can convert your VHS I will be happy....

Back
Top Bottom