What is your opinion of Mike Joyce?

Fulham Road Lights

Ill-adjusted
I was just flicking through old photos and came across one of me and Mike Joyce last year at a local nightclub of mine, where he DJ'd for a night. But anyway, I know he splits opinion what with the court case and all, but what do you think of him? Will Sorrow indeed Come in the End? Or will he always be remembered for being a quarter of the finest ensemble to grace planet Earth? Personally, for me, it's the latter. He's a musical hero of mine and will always remain one, no matter how much money he has rightly or wrongly gained from Morrissey via the legal system.

I was just flicking through old photos and came across one of me and Mike Joyce last year at a local nightclub of mine, where he DJ'd for a night. But anyway, I know he splits opinion what with the court case and all, but what do you think of him? Will Sorrow indeed Come in the End? Or will he always be remembered for being a quarter of the finest ensemble to grace planet Earth? Personally, for me, it's the latter. He's a musical hero of mine and will always remain one, no matter how much money he has rightly or wrongly gained from Morrissey via the legal system.

I'm with you me old son. He's a legend...

I think Joyce and Rourke deserved more money, however, I think the way that Joyce went about it is despicable and selfish. Going after Mozza's family and then screwing Rourke out of more royalties? That's just the lowest of the low.

He should've been paid what he was owed, as the courts ruled. Not sure what else there is to say. Oh yeah -- he played great DRUMS for The Smiths and was not a "lawnmower part".

Last edited:
He should've been paid what he was owed, as the courts ruled. Not sure what else there is to say. Oh yeah -- he played great bass for The Smiths and was not a "lawnmower part".

You sure?

This question sounds a little strange. That's brcause I always thought that Smiths or Morrissey's fan hated Joyce and called hiim tricky. Nut I would like to talk with him to really know who hi is.

Before I've known Rourke I was confused about him - I didn't know if I liked ot hated him. Only I met him in Brazil, last year, I have discovered how he's a good person.

I'm not defending and protecting anyone, only expression my poor opinion.
I could've said many bad things here, but I prefer to be honest.

I think Joyce and Rourke deserved more money, however, I think the way that Joyce went about it is despicable and selfish. Going after Mozza's family and then screwing Rourke out of more royalties? That's just the lowest of the low.

Precisely.

Despite this, however, it can't be argued that he was one essential quarter of an amazing band, so I'm far from a Joyce-hater. Also, on watching 'Inside the Smiths' and the like he seems fairly decent guy.

He is f***ing awesome. The only person out there to follow through with a threat to Moz.

Back
Top Bottom