MORRISSEYS SILENCE

J

JOHNNY

So after all the waiting it still seems that we are no further forward in hearing new Morrissey material. Despite the man's own admission that the songs are written.What are the REAL reasons behind Morrsisseys self imposed silence. Let's get one thing straight..if Morrissey had wanted these songs out by now they would have been released. Full stop.Either via the internet or his own label.There are labels who would have jumped at the chance to sign him..most notably Alan Mcgees "Poptones" label.

Nick Cave for one proves signing to a label does not have to affect artistic freedom.Could it be that Morrissey has lost faith in his own ability ? I for one feel he has another"Vauxhall" in him but does he?Labels can pick and chose their artists nowadays so it is obvious they would want to hear what Morrissey has written. Why his reluctance? Surely the songs can speak for themselves.

Oh well...lunchtime now.......

Re: Intentional?

> Morrsisseys self
> imposed silence.......

- or not? That is the question, and that may be a clue to your post.

BTW, Morrissey won't give an interview or anything on Morrissey-Solo because of what has been posted here and the way his fans (Chris included) have been treated.

> - or not? That is the question, and that may be a clue to your post.

> BTW, Morrissey won't give an interview or anything on Morrissey-Solo
> because of what has been posted here and the way his fans (Chris included)
> have been treated.

isn't it ambitious and nearly impossible to define culpability and an effective punishment?

and what was morrisseytour punished for? he wouldn't give them an interview either. i know they weren't bright people, true, but having a group of people who pay their own way and obsessively document every movement in detail is still some of the best, free publicity you can come up with.

you see, even if he gives a 2 hour interview to chris, those same "fans" still benefit as that interview is simply a few keystrokes away. and since many of those same fans visit Chris' website and Chris probably wouldn't censor them if they were to go off in a way which displeases, it does no good to say "I hold one website personally responsible" as it does nothing to punish bad behaviour and reward the good. it's just a blanket "you are all bad!"

Good response,I have some new found respect for you. here here i say! chris has done noone harm in any way. but you have all ridiculed him for getting to meet his idol. I don't understand that. so,he went to his home and met him,big deal. did he knock on his dorr? try to force himself into his home? no,none of that,he simply waited outside for him to leave,nothing wron with that. i think your all jealous of the fact for several reasons. but mainly becuase you didnt do it yourselves? maybe your just flat out jealous of him and his rather large friend meeting their idol?? maybe you'd do it a different way?? who knows?? but they shouldn't be bashed,they should be congratulated for their efforts. If i had fans that were as loyal as chris and friend and a few others,I'd be grateful and flattered that they would go through so much trouble.

Right on Prop!

I also agree, what Chris did was superb. Who else would go through all that trouble of doing a site of that magnitude like Chris except for David. In my book they are at the top of the list of people I can truly respect. Even though Chris and David are no where close to being the same age (20 and 30ish), it surprises me that David said himself that Chris reminds him of himself when he was begining the site.

"Maybe I am getting too old for this -- Chris exhibits an enthusiasm of being a fan in doing his site which reminds me of how I felt when I started this site, something I feel is sort of fading with me as of late."-David T.

So both of these guys do a great job informing all of us and giving us information that would probably go unheard if it wasn't for both of them. Although Morrissey-solo is more of an Official Site, I love Ambitious Outsiders because he writes like a true fan and goes out of his own way to please us. He speaks as if your right there with him, when I read "Operation Morrissey", I felt as if I was right there and I started to cry towards the end. That right there shows how powerful his writing is.

I can't wait till March 1 when he relaunches the site. I wonder how he can improve his site even more that what it was.

Mike Mozfan

Re: Right on Prop!

Mike,I take my hat off to you bruddha! i could not have said it better me self. I've seen you around these parts for a very long time. i think Both sites are awesome and noone can come close to either,to say one is better than the other is selling one short. they BOTH serve their respective audiences. i just continue to find it an atrocity that chris and jeff are being labeled as stalkers and all. If morrissey was at a club and someone followed him around to get his autograph,it's the same thing: stalking! no matter what you sayPROPER OUT!!!!

Re: MORRISSEY'S SILENCE

MYSTERY!!!!!!!!

> So after all the waiting it still seems that we are no further forward in
> hearing new Morrissey material. Despite the man's own admission that the
> songs are written.What are the REAL reasons behind Morrsisseys self
> imposed silence. Let's get one thing straight..if Morrissey had wanted
> these songs out by now they would have been released. Full stop.Either via
> the internet or his own label.There are labels who would have jumped at
> the chance to sign him..most notably Alan Mcgees "Poptones"
> label.

> Nick Cave for one proves signing to a label does not have to affect
> artistic freedom.Could it be that Morrissey has lost faith in his own
> ability ? I for one feel he has another"Vauxhall" in him but
> does he?Labels can pick and chose their artists nowadays so it is obvious
> they would want to hear what Morrissey has written. Why his reluctance?
> Surely the songs can speak for themselves.

> Oh well...lunchtime now.......

hmmmmmmmmmmm, more MYSTERY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

> - or not? That is the question, and that may be a clue to your post.

> have been treated.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, GOOD!!!!!

> Good response,I have some new found respect for you. here here i say!
> chris has done noone harm in any way. but you have all ridiculed him for
> getting to meet his idol. I don't understand that. so,he went to his home
> and met him,big deal. did he knock on his dorr? try to force himself into
> his home? no,none of that,he simply waited outside for him to
> leave,nothing wron with that. i think your all jealous of the fact for
> several reasons. but mainly becuase you didnt do it yourselves? maybe your
> just flat out jealous of him and his rather large friend meeting their
> idol?? maybe you'd do it a different way?? who knows?? but they shouldn't
> be bashed,they should be congratulated for their efforts. If i had fans
> that were as loyal as chris and friend and a few others,I'd be grateful
> and flattered that they would go through so much trouble.

> have been treated.

Is that an educated guess or have you actually got this info from the Moz front?

There Speaks A True Friend

Hey bro I proudly wear the "Morrissey-Solo '99" T-Shirt you gave to me (and the other shocked and saddened fans at the cancelled show) in VEGA$ back in the day... good to see you back here on the board!

Re: Right on Prop!

> I also agree, what Chris did was superb. Who else would go through all
> that trouble of doing a site of that magnitude like Chris except for
> David. In my book they are at the top of the list of people I can truly
> respect. Even though Chris and David are no where close to being the same
> age (20 and 30ish), it surprises me that David said himself that Chris
> reminds him of himself when he was begining the site.

> "Maybe I am getting too old for this -- Chris exhibits an enthusiasm
> of being a fan in doing his site which reminds me of how I felt when I
> started this site, something I feel is sort of fading with me as of
> late."-David T.

> So both of these guys do a great job informing all of us and giving us
> information that would probably go unheard if it wasn't for both of them.
> Although Morrissey-solo is more of an Official Site, I love Ambitious
> Outsiders because he writes like a true fan and goes out of his own way to
> please us. He speaks as if your right there with him, when I read
> "Operation Morrissey", I felt as if I was right there and I
> started to cry towards the end. That right there shows how powerful his
> writing is.

> I can't wait till March 1 when he relaunches the site. I wonder how he can
> improve his site even more that what it was.

> Mike Mozfan

Hi, I also liked the site. I went there mainly to look at the pics, but then I read through the whole article. Lovely. Cheers, Alma

Back
Top Bottom