Leeds pre gig meet up

bourbon bar looks suitably shabby for a bunch of luddites like us - spirits + mixer for £1, doubles for £2 !! shame i am drivin ! can we agree on here then ? depending on traffic i should be in leeds by 7 at latest !

I'm torn now between 2 destinations: I've been invited to meet UncleSkinny + others at 6 in Akbars on Greek Street for a curry - it's further into the city than the Bourbon but only a few minutes walk.

I've only just secured a tkt today and so will be in Leeds from 5.45. I'll try and do both sites - Akbars till 7 and then walk across to Bourbon.

C ya!

Hi there! I'm completely new to this forum. Going to the gig tonight, I'm unbelievably excited, I might do a sick.

Welcome to Solo - you will find you are among friends here :p

I'm going tonight as well. 3 of us travelling over from Manc (why no Manchester dates this tour???). It's been 2 days since I last saw Morrissey and I'm getting giddy :) Not sure I'm gonna throw up though!

Dave

I should be going tonight but have a family/work do that I simply can't get out of so hope you all have a great night. I am going to get plastered and try and pretend Morrissey is playing 100 miles away rather than 10 minutes down the road. The O2 is a great venue but be warned it has the stickiest floor known to mankind.

I'm torn now between 2 destinations: I've been invited to meet UncleSkinny + others at 6 in Akbars on Greek Street for a curry - it's further into the city than the Bourbon but only a few minutes walk.

I've only just secured a tkt today and so will be in Leeds from 5.45. I'll try and do both sites - Akbars till 7 and then walk across to Bourbon.

C ya!

Akbars is nice but last time I went and had a veg curry they put lots of chillis in and I did suffer the day after!

Will be at the bourbon, it's my birthday so please feel free to buy me drinks!!!!!

i am drivin down too - there is a multi storey on merrion way and another (or it may be the same with a different entrance) on woodhouse lane (its a Qpark) this is only a street away from the academy ! think it's about 4 quid for the evening - qpark have a website if you need more details ! see ya later tonight maybe !!

Free parking at the University of Leeds after 4.30PM folks -

"Evening and Weekend Parking
The car parks are accessed by permit from 7.00am to 4.30pm Monday-Friday. Access is not controlled at other times. Out-of-hours entry must be made through the Woodhouse Lane entrance. "

See: http://www.leeds.ac.uk/estate_services/security/carparking.htm

Glad Mike Wild Oscar managed to get a ticket ;)

Should be in town for about 7.30. Will text you when there with ticket, you can always hook up with us lot- would hate to see you hanging around on your own:tears:
Ali

cheers ali ! i don't mind going by myself , done it a few times when i have bought last minute tickets , once inside the venue i will be in amongst the fray anyway but it looks like a few people are meeting in bourbon so we could conduct our deal in there if you wish , otherwise name a place and i will be there ! just going for a shower , shit and shave before gettin ready - loaded up the car with moz for the trip !

is that you in the pic? would you mind if i joined you?

CougarFrog - thanks for setting me up with tickets for tonight. I'll try and get to Bourbon to meet you all.

P.S. what's the security like at the academy? I must film as much of the gig as possible.

cheers ali ! i don't mind going by myself , done it a few times when i have bought last minute tickets , once inside the venue i will be in amongst the fray anyway but it looks like a few people are meeting in bourbon so we could conduct our deal in there if you wish , otherwise name a place and i will be there ! just going for a shower , shit and shave before gettin ready - loaded up the car with moz for the trip !

Ok, see you in Bourbon. Enjoy your S, S & S and your jouney down the A1 :D

Mind if I join anyone beforehand for a few drinks? I managed to get a ticket last minute and I'm going alone. I'm afraid to say I'm one of those student-types and I've not been at Leeds long enough to find any decent pubs nearby the Academy.

Is everyone on here going to Bourbon beforehand then? This is the first gig I've been to on my own, I'm nerrrrvous.

Last edited:
I'm gonna be there about quarter past seven! If anyone is bothered, I'm the girl in a tutu style skirt!

Back
Top Bottom