Why is Morrissey not coming to Canada?

I've loved The Smiths and Morrissey for a few years now (I'm 19), I was studying in England last year, and it seems that a tour has begun not long after my departure! Quite gutted. I noticed that he is going to the states but not Canada? Does anyone know why that is? I know that in 2006 he refused to come here because of the seal hunt... though nobody who lives in Southern Canada (i.e. the majority of the people in Canada) even support that. I am assuming that he won't be on tour again next year, when I will most likely be back in England, urgh.

It's not a blessing at all. Tour a wider variety of places, Morrissey. We need you. The seals probably do too - I can sense some highly excellent photo ops.

Canadians carry fleas. Everyone knows this. :rolleyes:

No, see "seals," above. And locate, if you can, a bootleg of the Friday night of his five-night Hammerstein Ballroom residency in 2007. I think it was Friday. It was funny, anyway.

I agree with Morrissey's position about the seals ...but he's only punishing the folks that would surely support his cause. He would be better off doing some shows here prior to the hunt to get greater support from his fans rather than pissing on our cornflakes, and adding insult to injury by going to the US only. Stupid cute seals!

Last edited:
Because he thinks the annual Canadian seal cull is cruel.
And that's fine. But fans like me, and especially those also opposed to the cull, shouldn't be penalized for a decision made by the government. God knows what horrible things take place in other countries that he goes to. Considerably worse than this, I'd submit.

And fans shouldn't be penalized for one guy throwing a bottle to his head. But it's morrissey. asking why shows you don't know much about him. Accept it or move on...there's always Celine Dion.

I do accept it. I went to the US to see him. I wasn't complaining. Someone else raised the issue. I have the right to comment on it.

Back
Top Bottom