Here we go again another fake

You might be disappointed to hear my opinion but I have to say it's a fake. A couples of serious errors, including the fact that the signature looks written on and not "signed" and the letters got progressively smaller as the signer went on, indicative of a forger concentrating too much on the fonts and not the size. A real auto would have letters of the same size, more or less. The "y" is suspect too. One more very important factor that is present in all authentic Morrissey autos is not here but I will not say what it is. Forgers get smarter all the time but they all seems to miss this point and I don't wish to alert them.

This is quite a good forgery in my opinion and can easily fool the casual collector. Just my opinion though.

I agree with the progression of the letters becoming smaller as the name is written.
And that Y... why would Morrissey go over it a second time?
The Ys are, of course not always, but are usually slightly curved.

Go on then, spot the fakes...

20s9a8j.jpg

All look legit to me.

I'd like to see them in order from oldest to newest.

Re: Fake?

I have no idea whether the autograph is authentic, but as far as the KROQ thing goes, the description says that he won tickets from KROQ in 1994—not that the tickets were for Moz at KROQ.

1994 was the year of those "accidentally scheduled"/canceled/"accidentally rescheduled"/re-canceled LA/NYC concerts that were supposedly booked without Morrissey's knowledge, so it does make sense.

It's unsettling how many he has for sale but I do believe them to be authentic. I myself have at least 6 different Smiths/Morrissey autographs in my collection , and I know others here on Solo who have much more than me.

These autographs listed for sale were all circa before 1990.

I wouldn't buy one

I agree with elephant6ers. It is rather odd that this one guy is selling so many all at one time, but I really think they're authentic. If they're not real, then they're VERY, VERY well done forgeries.

Sorry to disappoint you, but the brown "The Youngest Is The Most Loved" and the clear "Let Me Kiss You" are bootleg reproductions that appeared on the market a few years after the initial single release. The only real thing is the clear "Irish Blood, English Heart" which is a US 7" (whereas the two coloured bootlegs are counterfeits of the UK single).

What RC editor? Name, please? RC hasn't had an editor that knows his Morrissey records for ages. If they did why would they ask outsiders to price Morrissey records for their RRPG, write their top rarities lists etc...

Tags
#strangewaysherewecome autograph newfavethread signature signed
Back
Top Bottom