The baseball playoffs thread

Theo

*sigh*

All the teams in the playoffs are doing it thanks to all the Cleveland Indians talent on their teams. How depressing is that? From CC Sabathia, Cliff Lee, and Manny, down to Ben Francisco and good ole Ronnie Belliard. Even Rafael Betancourt delivered a righteous inning for the Rockies the other night, in a losing effort. It's an October of nothing but Indians players...going at each other while playing for other teams. The baseball Gods made sure to twist the knife in deep by subjecting us to that phoney, traitorous liar, Jim Thome (who sold his soul because his greedy wife wanted a few extra pennies), coming through with a key hit for the Dodgers today.

I don't know which team will win it all, but one thing is for sure: Cleveland Indians players will decide this World Series...while playing for other teams.

Isn't it time for a salary cap in baseball?

BTW, as someone who has met CC Sabathia and talked to him eye to eye about the Yankees, I happen to know that he has no love in his heart for the New York Yankees. He signed with them simply to be in the limelight and be amongst the highest paid. He told me to my face he hates the Yankees.

Well, whatever, what can ya do? I guess CC Sabathia vs Cliff Lee in a World Series match-up would be pretty special nonetheless. As long as the Yankees lose.

*bitter*

In better news, the Cleveland Cavaliers now have Shaq with King James. f*** yeah. (But...*sigh*....Delonte West is all, like, manically depressed, not showing up for practices, and getting pulled over on his motorcycle with a bunch of guns and shit. Shaq needs to put that boy in check. It's time for the King (James) to get his crown.)

Last edited:
2ijns44.jpg

Freeway Series.

2ijns44.jpg

Freeway Series.

The Angels had better learn how to catch a pop-up to the infield if they are going to make the world happy and defeat the Evil Empire (one of the more embarassing moments of recent playoffs history in that game today...). Vladimir Guerrero is also an infamous playoff choker. I pretty much assume he'll strike out when he's up in a key situation (which he did today...).

I have little confidence in the Angels, but I'm certainly rooting for them. Most especially because they have Torii Hunter on the team (what a magical homer he had in the last round!). Torii Hunter is a very cool dude. (I remember, for example, witnessing this before-game shit at an Indians game in Cleveland over some Ohio college athletes who died in a bus crash, and Torii Hunter was out there on the field before the game greeting the teammates from the school who had suffered this tragedy and giving them kind words in a most sincere fashion.)

But, of course, Hunter would still be on the Twins if baseball had a much-needed salary cap. And Hunter should still be a Twin, if things were done right. He was the face of the Twins for years. Now he's a f***ing Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim/Anaheim Angels/California Angels player. A team that cannot even decide on a proper name!

The Yankees are looking quite strong this playoffs, and I suspect the only team that can stop them is the Phillies. But I am sure as hell rooting for the Angels this week. PLEASE GOD!!!

The Angels had better learn how to catch a pop-up to the infield if they are going to make the world happy and defeat the Evil Empire (one of the more embarassing moments of recent playoffs history in that game today...). Vladimir Guerrero is also an infamous playoff choker. I pretty much assume he'll strike out when he's up in a key situation (which he did today...).

But I am sure as hell rooting for the Angels this week. PLEASE GOD!!!

Theo you just broke my heart sniff sniff :tears:

id like to hijack this thread to remind everyone to watch abc at 11 central time. you are going to see a smooth operator operating correctly..

the Phillies vs Dodgers game pissed me off, but proved one thing.

The dodgers only beat the phils when the phils beat themselves

:lbf::lbf:

the Phillies vs Dodgers game pissed me off, but proved one thing.

The dodgers only beat the phils when the phils beat themselves

:lbf::lbf:

Why take Pedro out after 87 pitches when he threw 130 in a game earlier in the season? Should've let him pitch until trouble came up....oh well. The Phils better sweep at home!

Why take Pedro out after 87 pitches when he threw 130 in a game earlier in the season? Should've let him pitch until trouble came up....oh well. The Phils better sweep at home!

i got tickets for game 5, so a sweep would be more than welcome.

Ruiz was walked with no outs, and Pedro was third in the lineup. Manuel was hoping to get a few runs that inning, and opted to pinch hit.

Typical woulda', coulda', shoulda' it seems.

The Angels had better learn how to catch a pop-up to the infield if they are going to make the world happy and defeat the Evil Empire (one of the more embarassing moments of recent playoffs history in that game today...).

That was God dropping the ball on the field. Shoulda got me a birthday card. :rolleyes::p

it 1-1, to really have a chance to win this series we gotta win one of the next 2 in Phil :straightface:
then if we do so i think we get a shot a the evil empire* :boxing:

*=New York Yankees

Theo you just broke my heart sniff sniff :tears:

Devils, Yankees fans in the MLB voice chat on Yahoo were going at me FOR YEARS about how CC Sabathia is a big fat loser blah blah blah. Then, the moment the Yankees signed him, they all loved him. Now, suddenly, he's the greatest pitcher they've seen in their lives. You have to understand how your fellow Yankee fans come off to other people. You are in the NYC/NJ area, so it's perfectly cool that you're a Yankees fan, unlike all those people who just jump on the bandwagon.

It's hard to watch the guy who was my fave pitcher for many years, and who I have followed since he came into the majors, now leading the team with the highest payroll to a probable World Series victory. Look at how much money the Yankees were able to spend in the last off-season. All I'm asking for is a salary cap like in other sports.

As for tonight's game, way to go, Angels. You had the lead in extra innings, and your closer had an 0-2 count on A-Roid. Why the f*** would A-Roid get a hittable pitch at all, let alone one he could hit out of the park? The Angels are choking again.

Last edited:
Let me know when this becomes a real sport, important to the rest of the world.

Baseball is quite international. Baseball is loved in North America, Central America, South America, the Caribbean, and much of the continent of Asia (especially in Japan and South Korea). The parts of the world that don't have much of an interest in baseball are Europe and the Middle East, and the Middle East doesn't have much interest in anything outside of terrorism, Allah, and killing Jews.

You seem to think Europe is the world. Why is that?

Last edited:
Baseball is quite international. Baseball is loved in North America, Central America, South America, the Caribbean, and much of the continent of Asia (especially in Japan and South Korea). The parts of the world that don't have much of an interest in baseball are Europe and the Middle East, and the Middle East doesn't have much interest in anything outside of terrorism, Allah, and killing Jews.

lkzyz89efm_clap.gif

:clap: Well said, Theo.

:lbf: nice.

Tags
derek jeter <3 die theo haters grown men? stfu theo theo is g8 theo rocks theo sucks
Back
Top Bottom