Smiths promo posters

.X.

howdy everyone. i have been recently purchasing the smiths promo posters(12x24 size) and i am missing a few.
anyone know where i can get my hands on the following:

what difference does it make
this charming man
shakespeares sister
bigmouth strikes again

links? pics? etc etc.

i haven't seen any of these in good shape for sale in a while.
cheers.

They are the same ones that I am missing. Plus Shakespeare's Sister.

Guess we will be bidding against each other if they appear on ebay :crazy:

Dave

howdy everyone. i have been recently purchasing the smiths promo posters(12x24 size) and i am missing a few.
anyone know where i can get my hands on the following:

what difference does it make
this charming man
shakespeares sister
bigmouth strikes again

links? pics? etc etc.

i haven't seen any of these in good shape for sale in a while.
cheers.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
It is absolutely crazy that they seem to fetch this much in such horrible shape. I've dropped more than a fair share on these posters over the years (and seem to be missing a number of those same mentioned above, too!!) and just can't bring myself to buy them when they are in such condition.

If it was a copy of the Magna Carta I could maybe deal with a little fold here or there as it may show a bit of character pertaining to that document but I'd only secure these posters if they were at least in displayable condition (which I know is less and less likely as time passes).

To each his own, I suppose.

i got a bigmouth strikes again today, mint, still rolled up for $55.. i am one happy camper :D

and yes, i guess we shall be bidding against each other, only if the item is in good shape. just saw the ebay link, and wow, that is sad... :crazy:

I have a vast majority I've collected over the past 15 years. I've noticed that some of the sizes vary a little (off a few MM, some by 1/4"). Anyone else notice this...?

Actually I bought 4 or 5 from Morrissey Madness when Mike put a bunch of stuff on eBay like 5 years ago. His stuff is legit, right..?

Actually I bought 4 or 5 from Morrissey Madness when Mike put a bunch of stuff on eBay like 5 years ago. His stuff is legit, right..?

I'd say so. I have bought a few items from him and I'm happy with them.

Dave

Is this a promo picture like given away with the record? Like the one given with Rank?
Or one's on display in record shops?

Jukebox Jury

Is this a promo picture like given away with the record? Like the one given with Rank?
Or one's on display in record shops?

Jukebox Jury

I imagine he wants something like that:
hi_1986_thequeenisdead_poster_2.jpg

Except that that one is fake!!!

I'm pretty sure it's mine (I emailed it to Flax ages ago) but it was bought as a bootleg from an ebay seller in Budapest. The one to the left of it is genuine, but this is (I'm pretty sure) fake - there isn't a Rough Trade logo or mention of the Cartel, it's much smaller than the genuine 12x24 poster.

The only interesting thing about it is the image used - an alternative of the Alan Delon image.

Dave

What has Heaton been up to? His site hasn't been updated in a while. If I remember correctly he and his wife were feuding about selling the Morrissey/Smiths stuff. I have bought some things from him, but haven't heard from him recently. Anyone?
Also does anyone on here know Ernest Jetmire?

Hello guys - I don't really collect posters (I bought the few I wanted 10 years ago and that was that), but I do have this Ask poster that isn't on Vulgar Picture. Is it something special?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/21794813@N00/2274821437/in/set-72157603934647388/

Your version of Ask is on ebay fairly regularly and doesn't go for much. I haven't bothered to buy one as it isn't one of the standard 12x24 promo posters that were used for most releases.

Still, if you like it, that's what matters. Your other Smiths and Moz posters are nice :)

Dave

Your version of Ask is on ebay fairly regularly and doesn't go for much. I haven't bothered to buy one as it isn't one of the standard 12x24 promo posters that were used for most releases.

Still, if you like it, that's what matters. Your other Smiths and Moz posters are nice :)

Dave

Thanks. Most of those were sold in a move a few years back. Even gave a lucky person on Bedford Ave in Brooklyn an autographed Bjork poster for free. All I have left are that Ask poster and framed Coma and That Joke... subway posters. Thanks for the insight.

Totally of topic - there is a Japanese Suedehead promo 7" on eBay right now for those who don't own one...

Except that that one is fake!!!

I'm pretty sure it's mine (I emailed it to Flax ages ago) but it was bought as a bootleg from an ebay seller in Budapest. The one to the left of it is genuine, but this is (I'm pretty sure) fake - there isn't a Rough Trade logo or mention of the Cartel, it's much smaller than the genuine 12x24 poster.

The only interesting thing about it is the image used - an alternative of the Alan Delon image.

Dave
Is it the true poster?
hi_1986_thequeenisdead_poster.jpg

Hello guys - I don't really collect posters (I bought the few I wanted 10 years ago and that was that), but I do have this Ask poster that isn't on Vulgar Picture. Is it something special?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/21794813@N00/2274821437/in/set-72157603934647388/

Dave

I've just seen one listed on ebay that is the same as yours - it will be interesting to see how much it goes for. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/The-Smiths-Or...mQQptZMusic_Other_Formats?hash=item53df437ed0

Dave

I've just seen one listed on ebay that is the same as yours - it will be interesting to see how much it goes for. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/The-Smiths-Or...mQQptZMusic_Other_Formats?hash=item53df437ed0

Dave
Can anybody acertain if this is original from label? And for that matter, the ASK poster and rest from the same seller as well? I didn't think they are...esp the Barbarism one.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/The-Smiths-Wh...mQQptZMusic_Other_Formats?hash=item53df4378e5

Back
Top Bottom