Why reform the Smiths? Just add Marr!

SweetBoy

Why all the fervor over the Smiths reforming? Why cant Moz just pick up Marr for one of his tours? They dont need to do an album together, they just need to play together on stage!

I think everybody recognises that we will never see all four Smiths on the same stage ever again.
But i think there is still an outside chance that Morrissey and Marr might one day perform.
Even that is highly unlikely though.

No point in dwelling on it really. Let's just enjoy what Morrissey (and Marr,) have to offer and be thankful he's still touring.

I think everybody recognises that we will never see all four Smiths on the same stage ever again.
But i think there is still an outside chance that Morrissey and Marr might one day perform.
Even that is highly unlikely though.

No point in dwelling on it really. Let's just enjoy what Morrissey (and Marr,) have to offer and be thankful he's still touring.

I don't recognise that we'll never see all four Smiths together again.
Time is a great healer and I think it will happen.

Call me deluded if you like:squiffy:

I do agree that we shouldn't dwell on it though... I'm enjoying their current output...:guitar:

I prefer it doesn't happen 'cause I do not believe that these ones would be happy on the stage together again.

I really hope it....
I'd be disappointed if it happen.

i could see it happening maybe 10 or 15 years ago but now that mozzers solo career has had this great "revival" i think he's too full of himself to care about the smiths much anymore. and his band is great. the smiths just wouldn't be the smiths anymore. they've all moved on.

I'd be very dissappointed if they reformed. I mean think of a band who a reunion has done good for apart from Take That & maybe Blur. I don't know.

Having seen the alleged Blur and Take That 'reunions', I'd rather imagine what it would be like to see the Smiths when they were in their heyday, rather than watch them pimp themselves out for a couple of hundred grand....

I'd be very dissappointed if they reformed. I mean think of a band who a reunion has done good for apart from Take That & maybe Blur. I don't know.

I think you miss the point. The fans of bands who reform shouldn't live in the past and expect those bands to be exactly the same as they once were.
If they do they'll always be mighty disappointed. Instead they should appreciate that band for what they offer now, a few years older and wiser but perhaps not as full of energy.
They are a new product, a bit like Morrissey was when he became a 'solo' artist.
I have never compared him to The Smiths.
I love the mature 'solo' Morrissey that we get now, but i still celebrate the greatness of The Smiths by playing their albums.
Best of both worlds.

If The Smiths ever did reform i'd appreciate them for what they are now. I'd never indulge in the futility of comparing them to what they once were.

Last edited:
I don't recognise that we'll never see all four Smiths together again.
Time is a great healer and I think it will happen.

Call me deluded if you like:squiffy:
I do agree that we shouldn't dwell on it though... I'm enjoying their current output...:guitar:
Velvis, you're deluded.
;)

If I was Johnny, I'd say no wai.
He'd probably be performing solo most the time anyway since crybaby likes to cancel. :lbf:

Back
Top Bottom