Johnny Marr on The Smiths, the internet and Morrissey

2:03

'What I'm doing...and probably he thinks what he's doing is fascinating.'

That little 'he thinks' :D Come on Johnny, you know you liked YoR :o

2:03'What I'm doing...and probably he thinks what he's doing is fascinating.'

:D well spotted.
I like how he starts to stammer a bit when they get onto the Subject.:o

Giggles and Ideas? Yeh well... Not always enough to bring/ keep people together I guess.

Apparently Johnny was drinking at a caf near my home the other day. Ah Johnny, man, next time gis a ring, I'll buy you a drink and let you confide in me.:tears: (No, really, do! :eek: We all need someone to talk to.)('Morning Morrissiiii!)

Wow. Never heard Marr say that he misses Moz in any way whatsoever.

"Personally, I miss him yeah. We had a shared sense of humour and..ideas about things.. and I like him". :blushing:

Someone should show Moz this. If his crew can take notice of the 'Eye Weekly' nattering then they can show him this, surely.

"You have to ignore the twerps in the internet" - This should be the Morrissey-Solo motto :)

I love that he calls Morrissey, Mozzer. I wonder what those in the inner circle call him; Steveo, Moz, M, Mr Morrissey, Boss?

Dave

Great interview, would be great for a morrissey/paul morley interview

Oh my god!!! They're getting back together!!! They're getting back together!!! They're getting back together!!!

this is great. I'd love to see him interview both morrissey and johnny, if only.

This is what I've been calling for!! :D

I love that he calls Morrissey, Mozzer. I wonder what those in the inner circle call him; Steveo, Moz, M, Mr Morrissey, Boss

"Daddy." ;) :lbf:

Someone should show Moz this. If his crew can take notice of the 'Eye Weekly' nattering then they can show him this, surely.

But why? What difference would it make?

But why? What difference would it make?

It wouldn't, I wasn't braying for a Smiths reunion - I just get the impression that Moz has a very different view of JM's feelings towards him, considering how many times Marr has taken catty swipes at him in the Press, and how cagey Johnny usually is when the topic of Morrissey is brought up in general.
I doubt JM has ever said that ^ to his face, or 'the rift' would have been healed much earlier.

It wouldn't, I wasn't braying for a Smiths reunion - I just get the impression that Moz has a very different view of JM's feelings towards him, considering how many times Marr has taken catty swipes at him in the Press, and how cagey Johnny usually is when the topic of Morrissey is brought up in general.
I doubt JM has ever said that ^ to his face, or 'the rift' would have been healed much earlier.

I think he just gets tired of the same questions Amy, i think any swipes were a product of that.

I think he just gets tired of the same questions Amy, i think any swipes were a product of that.

I'm sure they both do, who wouldn't? Morley went down the more personal route instead of asking the same old stuff, more journalists should follow suit.

I'm sure they both do, who wouldn't? Morley went down the more personal route instead of asking the same old stuff, more journalists should follow suit.

Yeah he's a great bloke/writer Paul Morley.

hmmmm

Yeah he's a great bloke/writer Paul Morley.

At G-Mex festival in July 1986 Paul Morley was really awful to humiliate some bands he didn't like.
Although my English wasn't very good at that time I still understood what's going on.

Morley was very unprofessional, had no courtesy or diplomacy to do the job.

Back
Top Bottom