Viva Hate t-shirt eBay

thanks kewpie... but im only looking for original/authentic ones like the one listed on ebay..

im also looking for the "Rank" tee which I'm been looking for years..

thanks kewpie... but im only looking for original/authentic ones like the one listed on ebay..

im also looking for the "Rank" tee which I'm been looking for years..

:confused:

It's hard to say this eBay seller's Tshirts are authentic because they're licenced / replica Tshirts.
Morrissey's first post Smiths US tour was in 1992.

IMHO official marchandise items are either sold during the tour or official website.
Last Smiths UK live appearance was December 1986.
No official marchandises were on sale until Kill Uncle tour.

I agree with you Kewpie... just to clarify what I said before what I meant was... I was looking for licensed/replica shirts that were made available during 86-92 era.. (kind like the shirts on the
"Stop Me If You've Heard this one Before" video - moz biking with kids wearing smiths shirts)

I'm not looking for replicas from last year or made recently...
Back then shirt material are soft and there was no digital printing back
then... all traditional printing method was used that tend to last longer...
Some sellers from ebay sell shirts with crappy prints from digital printer that
cracks when washed...

I still find that vintage shirts that were made in the 80s are 90's whether
they're worn well and so thin.. the demand are still high..

It's hard to say this eBay seller's Tshirts are authentic because they're licenced / replica Tshirts.

IMHO official marchandise items are either sold during the tour or official website.
Last Smiths UK live appearance was December 1986.
No official marchandises were on sale until Kill Uncle tour.

thanks for the offer but its well worn from what I can see from the photos..
... im looking for Rank in the same condition as the shirts from my original post above....that seller was selling tees from 80s or 90s but in new condition.. thanks again....I'll just wait.. it might turn up on ebay someday..

I've seen a few from ebay.uk but looks like digital print...
would you guys recommend Bluecat store?

I've got two original and rare "rank" shirt :

Not new of course ! I can sell one. PM me

thanks for the warning Kewpie... I was about to order a Rank tee from them....I guess I'll just wait for now..does anyone know if their service
is still bad as two years ago...? has anyone bought any smiths/moz shirts
from them recently? thanks

Be careful with bluecatstore.com
I posted in other thread, since 2007 their service went down hill.
People complained about bluecat that it took them ages to get their order or refund.

http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/showthread.php?t=77917

First time I saw Moz was June 8th '91.

Just to verify there was in fact a tour prior to '92...

You beat me by a month, Beau ;-) July 7th 1991 in Philadelphia! I think Phranc was supposed to open but canceled last minute.

I saw Moz at the Hollywood Bowl in '07, and the next day when he was playing Vegas I went to a gallery opening for Exene Cervenka in Union City. Phranc was there, dressed as a milkman; err milkwoman.

lets stick to the topic guys... help me out here pls...
has anyone ordered anything from bluecat recently?

I have been collecting original Smiths/Moz t shirts for years, and I must agree the Smiths and early Moz T shirts (probably upto the Charlie Richardson photo) were of far superior quality than anything that has been produced since.

The quality of the material on The Smiths T shirts is superb considering they are over 20 years old, and I still wear them on a regular basis.

Last edited:
How can you tell if one is an authentic, licensed Smiths shirt?

I have been collecting original Smiths/Moz t shirts for years, and I must agree the Smiths and early Moz T shirts (probably upto the Charlie Richardson photo) were of far superior quality than anything that has been produced since.

The quality of the material on The Smiths T shirts is superb considering they are over 20 years old, and I still wear them on a regular basis.

They were higher count double knit cotton, probably made in and around Leicester, rather than the cheap Eastern stuff we get these days. I'm not blowing the trumpet or anything, but when I got the 'Obey' t-shirts done this year, they were UK made, and top notch quality. You don't have to pay for quality, it's just that the stuff you can buy in shops are usually shite low-count cotton, or even poly-cotton.

Peter

Re: official Smiths Tshirts

Ooops, thanks for the correction.

I still regret not buying more The Queen Is Dead Tshirts in July 1986 when I saw The Smiths.
My brother took it, now it's a rug. :(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom