Noel Gallagher quits Oasis

First I stumbled over that post from NME:

http://www.nme.com/news/oasis/47000

Half an hour later I read this on the official HP:

A Statement From Noel

28 August 2009

"It's with some sadness and great relief to tell you that I quit Oasis tonight. People will write and say what they like, but I simply could not go on working with Liam a day longer.

"Apologies to all the people who bought tickets for the shows in Paris, Konstanz and Milan."

http://www.oasisinet.com/NewsArticle.aspx?n=773

:(

Don't worry, they'll be together in few months / years time.

They need to stop working together at the moment, but will change their mind anytime.

Didn't he "quit" once before?

Yes he quit during an American tour around 1996. Only to come back 3 days later. But he's properly gone this time. Creates a buzz around the solo album he's been talking about for a year or two, and guarantees huge sales for the eventual Oasis reunion album and tour.

Smart marketing. Hats off to Noel and his manager.

I have read that the group is over.
It's not confirmed.

Wuen they released "Don't believe the truth" many journalists (nuts, of course) had said that it would be the last album from Oasis... They compared "don't blieve" with "let it be"... and "strangeways"....

I hope it's the end of Oasis

Last edited:

They need to stop working together at the moment, but will change their mind anytime.

Hey Mystic Meg, any news on The Stone Roses reunion?:squiffy:

Jukebox Jury

I heard from a good source that the Inspiral Carpets will tour again next year. If he is skint, Noel can go back to being their roadie:guitar::cool:

Jukebox Jury

Oasis changed music hust like so many other great bands, long live Oasis!!

Same for The Smiths too ?

Back
Top Bottom