Do you really want to hurt Morrissey?

J

Just curious

In Morrissey's recent interview with Chris, Morrissey expressed the hurt he felt when he READ the hateful comments and rumors about himself on Morrissey-Solo. That should be no surprise. He is human, you know.

The recent poll gives one to believe that the majority seemed to feel that it is the thing to do to have a field day bashing Morrissey and have no regret about it.

How do you feel now?

Would you take back anything you have posted here if you could?

Would you apologise to Morrissey?

(already flinching for the sticks and stones that will be surely be thrown my way)

In the years since maladjusted, the once prolific Morrissey has made very little effort to keep in touch with his fans, let them know what he is up to etc. It is only natural that, without concrete news, rumours will be spread. Surely Morrissy has the money to set up his own website, and communicate with his fans through it. How hard would be be to see a message from him every six months or so, eltting his fanbase know what he is up to etc.

I can see why he may have been hurt, but he could do a lot more to help his own cause, and this fan

STH

who's chris and what interview are you referring to?

> How do you feel now?

Ashamed.

> Would you take back anything you have posted here if you could?

Yes, because some of the words I said was just to joke, it wasn't serious stuff.

> Would you apologise to Morrissey?

No, never. I'm just ashamed cause I know I overdid sometimes, but I was really joking, wich is very pathetic I know.

> In Morrissey's recent interview with Chris, Morrissey expressed the hurt
> he felt when he READ the hateful comments and rumors about himself on
> Morrissey-Solo. That should be no surprise. He is human, you know.

> The recent poll gives one to believe that the majority seemed to feel that
> it is the thing to do to have a field day bashing Morrissey and have no
> regret about it.

> How do you feel now?

i think there are two forces at work.

1. you are expecting people whose only involvement in the record industry is going down to their local record shop and plunking down money for an album to be completely understanding of every decision he makes.

2. you are putting too much emphasis on people who come here and get their kicks from saying mean things just to get his fans riled up. i dont think it has anything to do with them hating morrissey as much as they are trying to feel superior to your average person who comes here.

3. most of how you get anywhere in the record industry is politics. that means shaking hands and kissing babies. i think what he fails to realize is that people want more out of him that what he gives. and its not a horrible thing. it's inspired by love. and i think many people are used to a certain type of behavior from him. they are used to him giving interviews and helping the occasional fan get up on stage and all of those tiny things that make them feel special. so, when he pops up once in a blue moon just to say, "please don't buy this DVD. thank you." naturally, his fans who have been groomed to expect more say, "and.....?"

and before you say anything, monsters don't live unless you create them, and he indeed created a monster. he throws out enough bones to keep people interested, but then when its not followed through, people start dying from anticipation. why bother saying you have songs if you are going to follow it with "but....."?

sometimes. yes, you get sucked into that train of thought. but i dont think of most words as literal as they are as a symptom of something else.

i'm sure in this life or the next we would be even.

Isn't that the title of one of Boy George's new songs?

> In the years since maladjusted, the once prolific Morrissey has made very
> little effort to keep in touch with his fans, let them know what he is up
> to etc.

Well, try to understand, he's been left alone! I've always thought he's such a sensitive person (even fragile, sometimes) and reacting as he did to the hard crytics that came to his solo albums is simply... natural, human. I would have said: F**K YA ALL! I'm goin' away.

> It is only natural that, without concrete news, rumours will be
> spread.

Well, I wasn't here: what are u talking about? I've tried to search the forum and couldn't find anything. Could someone please give me a URL?

> Surely Morrissy has the money to set up his own website, and
> communicate with his fans through it. How hard would be be to see a
> message from him every six months or so, eltting his fanbase know what he
> is up to etc.

I think he simply is pissed off. Maybe he'll get through this, maybe not. Anyway, he's and will always be a piece of our life, right?

> I can see why he may have been hurt, but he could do a lot more to help
> his own cause, and this fan

What can I say? I'm an actress and I know how it feels to be supported and loved and welcomed and asked... I wonder what I could do if all of this would suddenly disappear. I dunno how I would react, really.

I think he owes us nothing, he's given us so much. Personally I think that without his songs I would have been a worst person. His words gave a sound to my fears, to my loves, feelings, hopes, dreams. I'd like him to know it even though it's just a bit of nothing. That would be enough for me. I think about him each time I go to the stage starring in an Oscar Wilde's play, and while there is the final applause I always think: "This is for you, also, Steve.Thanks." That's all I can do. A bit of nothing, as I said, but it does mean something, I think.

> STH

- Mag

> I think he owes us nothing, he's given us so much. Personally I think that
> without his songs I would have been a worst person. His words gave a sound
> to my fears, to my loves, feelings, hopes, dreams. I'd like him to know it
> even though it's just a bit of nothing. That would be enough for me. I
> think about him each time I go to the stage starring in an Oscar Wilde's
> play, and while there is the final applause I always think: "This is
> for you, also, Steve.Thanks." That's all I can do. A bit of nothing,
> as I said, but it does mean something, I think.

> - Mag

Magenta,

Yes. Thank you. I feel the same way. Morrissey's songs are a wonderful gift, and I feel lucky to have come across such a beautiful and brilliant soul. He is a rare jewel. I'll always love him, no matter what. The immaturity and selfish words of many "fans" is a confusing and painful reality, but (to borrow a line), "they cannot taint (him) in my eyes"

~ Violeta

> Morrissey-Solo.

What exactly are these hateful comments and rumors he's READING? The word "hateful" just sounds so ominous. Are we talking about the crazies on here? If that is the case then this whole thing is even sillier than I thought.

> How do you feel now?

(hangs head in shame)

I take everything back! Please Morrissey I love you! (wrapping telephone cord around neck)

I'm on my knees.

Um aren't we taking this a little too seriously? I don't know maybe Morrissey needs to get a thicker skin and not take this stuff so seriously. I love the guy but he's pouting I tell you.

What is this "interview with Chris"?

I don't engage in the sort of character assasination, unfair and personal bashing, presumptions of cynical motives, and so forth that is so rampant in
this forum, so the rest of your message doesn't apply to me. Whether or not
your info is true, it wouldn't surprise me if he did read this forum and
got hurt feelings. Hell, we all know he would be seriously distressed if he stopped by, so I've hoped he wouldn't. People attack him more vigorously than they do Usama bin Laden. And for what? For being a singer? It's never made sense to me, because the guy has never hurt a fly. Critiquing the music is fine, but I just don't get the other stuff. Ripping to shreds a guy who
just wants to sing his little heart out. Yeah, whatever. Oh, I forgot,
he released multiple greatest hits albums - a crime against humanity!

Oh, and asking certain people in this forum to feel ashamed of things
they say and do is going to fall on deaf ears.

> regret about it.

> How do you feel now?

> (already flinching for the sticks and stones that will be surely be thrown
> my way)

> What is this "interview with Chris"?

It's on the ambitious outsiders site. Two guys met Morrissey at his home and chatted with him. The interview and photos are on that site.

> I don't engage in the sort of character assasination, unfair and personal
> bashing, presumptions of cynical motives, and so forth that is so rampant
> in this forum, so the rest of your message doesn't apply to me.

Well, it's one thing to bash someone for the sake of being mean, of course that's not right, but I don't really think there is anything wrong with
questioning something Morrissey does, stating an opinion or what not. I love the man's music but I don't worship him blindly. He has a bit of an acid tongue himself when questioned about others, I don't think there is anything wrong with it. It's honest, sometimes it's funny, I like that.

>Whether or not your info is true, it wouldn't surprise me if he did read this >forum and got hurt feelings. Hell, we all know he would be seriously >distressed if he stopped by, so I've hoped he wouldn't.

Seriously distressed? I just cannot imagine a grown man being seriously distressed at most of what is said on here. Unless of course there was truth to it (just kidding, don't pelt me)

Personally most of the "cruel" things I've read are written to get attention, it's juvenile. On the other hand, if it's an honest, thought out criticism, I don't have a problem with it.

In my mind there is absolutely nothing wrong with someone posting an honest opinion (harsh or not) if it's something they truly believe and not just something that's meant to get a reaction. How can that be wrong? It doesn't mean you are not a fan. Fans can be critical. Personally I like when people can have an honest realistic opinion about a singer they like rather than just blindly worship them (although of course Morrissey would prefer that, who wouldn't)

I have friends that sometimes express themselves about something I've done in ways I'd rather not hear but I appreciate the input and many times they are right. I wouldn't take it as a slur unless it was meant to be one.

>People attack him more vigorously than they do Usama bin Laden. And for what? >For being a singer? It's never made sense to me, because the guy has never >hurt a fly.

I don't think most people are saying he has.

>Critiquing the music is fine, but I just don't get the other stuff.
> Ripping to shreds a guy who just wants to sing his little heart out.
>Yeah, whatever. Oh, I forgot, he released multiple greatest hits albums - a >crime against humanity!

I don't know, wasn't it Morrissey who sang "reissue, repackage"? He seemed to think it a bit of a crime back then

I think you're taking it all too seriously. The posts on that topic are just complaints from fans who are hoping for an album. Who cares, it's silly. I don't usually even read them but they certainly don't rile me up if I do.

...for someone with as sharp a tongue, for someone who is so vangeful and spiteful and bitchy as Morrissey to say he's hurt by comments he reads on here.... oh, it's all very 'poor me'.

'Poor me, poor me, poor me... pour me another f***ing drink.

Get over it, Stephen, you've made a living being spiteful and bitter to people ('truculent', 'unreliable', 'devious', wasn't that the judge's view?), so don't start moaning about your hurtful fans. I'm sure Mike and Andy could shed some light on your deviou ways. If you'd lift the gagging order you have on them virtually preventing them from ever uttering the words 'The Smiths' again.....

If you can't take it, the quit giving it.

Sorry, I love the man's music, but as a person, and especially since the tragic move to L.A., Morrissey's become some sad, pathetic old star.... and we've all seen Sunset Boulevard......

> regret about it.

> How do you feel now?

> my way)

We all have criticism and praise heaped upon us during our lives. From 'The popstar' to the desperate 'down and out', as people no-one can avoid comments, good or bad, whatever their status. Respect and sensitivity is necessary but that is all.

> regret about it.

Not sure about this comment. Sometimes, criticism is necessary to galvanise a 'genius' into action. Don't be too conscious of treating your hero with 'kid gloves'.. they deserve to be told the hard truth sometime.

> How do you feel now?

OK.. I always try and be objective in any commentary made. I think most people are here of similar thoughts.

Not really. Hope that doesn't sound too pompous.

I would ask Morrissey to give us tangible information, something to believe in, rather than hiding behind a smoke screen of a persona that revels in the mystery of rumour and ambiguity. And this ranges from his creative output through to his sexual and political preferences. Alsthough the latter is of no real interest to me. (well, maybe the political stance is a worry sometimes!!)

This 'hurt' you talk of, is all, fundamentally, down to frustration.

> my way)

None ready and none thrown.

And like someone else said. Morrissey can talk to any of us through this medium if he chose.. or issue a simple statement of intent. A few lines, nothing fancy. It's almost courteous in a way to expect something like that when you think about it.

Phuck you, Russ. You're just a tragic queen.

Re: Can't take you two anywhere! Now cut that out!.

children! Will they ever learn?
LOL

Back
Top Bottom