Top 10 songs by The Sundays

Maurice E

Been looking up The Sundays on the You Tube recently. Their live performances were fantastic. The singer's voice is incredible and the jangling guitars ain't so bad either.
Would be interested to hear from anyone with all three albums. I loved the first one, only listed to Bland once or twice (seemed a bit feeble), and didn't hear the third one (although the first single was fantastic).
Would be good to know if I'm missing out on any decent stuff. Contributions appreciated. Thanks.

1. Here's where the story ends
2. You and me in the summertime
3. My finest hour
4. B-side to 'Summertime' (not sure what it's called)
5. You're not the only one that I know
6. Hideous towns
7. I kicked a boy (til he cried)
8. Can't be sure anymore

not so keen on the others that I know off the first album...

1. Hideous Towns
2. Can't Be Sure
3. Hideous Towns
4. I Kicked A Boy
5. Here's Where The Story Ends
6. Goodbye
7. You're Not The Only One I Know
8. Wild Horses
9. Joy
10. Skin & Bones

Never went to Rome/I took the first bus home/And I haven't changed

1. Hideous Towns
2. Can't Be Sure
3. Hideous Towns
4. I Kicked A Boy
5. Here's Where The Story Ends
6. Goodbye
7. You're Not The Only One I Know
8. Wild Horses
9. Joy
10. Skin & Bones

Never went to Rome/I took the first bus home/And I haven't changed

Hideous towns is good but 1 and 3?!
I've heard the Wild Horses cover and it is indeed wonderful. Forgotten what it's on though. Have you got all the Sundays albums?

Thanks to the other contributions. Seems like there were a few decent songs after the first album. Must investigate!

Love this band:

1 Goodbye
2 Here's where the story ends
3 My finest hour
4 Can't be sure
5 You're not the only one I know
6 A certain someone
7 Skins & bones
8 Hideous towns
9 More
10 I kicked a boy

Love this band:

1 Goodbye
2 Here's where the story ends
3 My finest hour
4 Can't be sure
5 You're not the only one I know
6 A certain someone
7 Skins & bones
8 Hideous towns
9 More
10 I kicked a boy

thanks for the list. looks like two songs off Blind and the rest off 'Reading...'.
did you hear their last album (Static and Silence)?
if so, preseumably you weren't too impressed?

No lovers of this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's where the Story Ends is a classic, I think everyone knows and loves that song. Blind opening with I Feel into Goodbye is heaven for me ... just give me an easy life and a peaceful death :love: what a great line ... and then another fave, Love, is on it. I have some nice memories to that album. :) I'd have to say I prefer their version of Wild Horses too. Hell, Harriet can sing the phonebook to me :sweet: swoooon!

1. Here's Where The Story Ends
2. You're Not The Only One I Know
3. I Kicked A Boy
4. Summertime
5. Wild Horses
6. Hideous Towns
7. Skin & Bones
8. My Finest Hour
9. Goodbye
10. Can't Be Sure

I loved the first album, but the other two left me pretty cold.

Brilliant stuff, I just had "Blind" on yesterday actually and "Goodbye" is an absolute killer!! :) I think the first and third albums are my faves...will need to re-assess as its been a while since I heard them all. They've endured way more than The Cranberries imo, which took a lot of what they were doing. Robert Smith apparantly really liked them back in the day as well.

Brilliant stuff, I just had "Blind" on yesterday actually and "Goodbye" is an absolute killer!! :) I think the first and third albums are my faves...will need to re-assess as its been a while since I heard them all. They've endured way more than The Cranberries imo, which took a lot of what they were doing. Robert Smith apparantly really liked them back in the day as well.

Haha... I just had that conversation: "Harriet Wheeler, or Delores O'Riordan?" There was no debate.

"Reading, Writing and Arithmetic" was the soundtrack of the summer of 1990 for me. *swoon* Was it 1990? Yes, it must have been, it was the year I learned to drive.

Back
Top Bottom