Crohn's disease

I tried to PM him but he has PMs turned off. Hopefully he sees this. :(

We'll let him know.

Sorry to hear of your ailment, hope it's not a bad flare up. I get irritable bowel (TMI? :p) sometimes -I (can only slightly) feel your pain. :(

Be well, miss you around here.

I have a friend that has Crohn's. If you'd like I could ask her any questions you have about it. We're here for ya, Cass :thumb:

Thanks MR. But if it means I'll finally find out what's wrong with me, and I can began to lead a somewhat normal life again I really am not too worried if I have it. I mean, it'll suck, but there are worse diseases in life to have. :)

BB, it can be other things as well. Have you heard about helicobacteria? My mum had them, they are quite hard to detect but can be treated with antibiotics. Anyway, I'll keep you in my thoughts, and if you need me for anything, you know where to find me. ;)

a friend of mine has it (male 45) he has a catherter fitted , and was doin ok but it has now spread to his throat and of all places his penis the docs dont seem to know what to do, so we just hope for the best as only friends can.

a friend of mine has it (male 45) he has a catherter fitted , and was doin ok but it has now spread to his throat and of all places his penis the docs dont seem to know what to do, so we just hope for the best as only friends can.

Crohn's cannot be active in the penis, it only occurs along the gastrointestinal tract i.e. from mouth to anus. It can cause fistulas (link between two channels that should not be linked) in women between the uterus and the intestines. I can only imagine how painful that is.

I've heard before that Crohn's disease responds to hypnotherapy and here's an article citing a study providing evidence -
http://ibdcrohns.about.com/cs/hypnotherapy/a/hypnotherapyibs.htm

It could be a fun treatment!

I would be skeptical of that. Stress does exacerbate all illnesses and especially irritable bowel syndrome but alternative medicine is called alternative medicine for a reason, and that reason is, it does not work. If it did work, it would simply be called medicine.

OP hope you're doing well and as someone said it does not have to be a hindrance to your quality of life. I have it and at the mo I consider myself to be in very good health. All the best :guitar:

I would be skeptical of that. Stress does exacerbate all illnesses and especially irritable bowel syndrome but alternative medicine is called alternative medicine for a reason, and that reason is, it does not work. If it did work, it would simply be called medicine.

I would compare it to mainstream music and alternative music. Corporately-backed widely-distributed tunes bring contentment to plenty of people but for some others, these sounds have the effect of causing sickness unto death, unless the listeners can at least also access compositions that say something more to them about their lives...

The Cochrane Collaborative is a world-recognised database of evidence on health treatments that mainly deals with prescriptions under the 'medical model' (and many common treatments have been shown to have no basis at all except for custom and practice!) and recently is also incorporating, like many doctors do, holistic approaches - http://www.cochrane.org/

I don't think there's any need to start a new general health thread. It's probably useful to find information on each issue nicely compacted under the one banner.

Wishing Cassius a speedy and full recovery. :pray::highfive:

Anybody on here have it or know anyone who has it? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Unfortunately i know a lot about crohns :(
Diagnosed when i was 16. Dont suffer too badly with it, but its always lurking in the background.
My diet and ability to drink alcohol are most affected.

Its terribly inconvenient at times and not at all glamorous, but things could be worse. If you wanna know anything specific, just ask!

:)

Back
Top Bottom