Week 5 - Tottenham Hotspur 1-3 Manchester United
Week 6 - Manchester United 4-3 Manchester City

UEFA Champions League:
Week 1 - G/S - Besiktas 0-1 Manchester United

The Carling Cup:
Third Round - Manchester United - Wolverhampton Wanderers

G/S = Group Stage

Last edited:
Decent opener today, against a team playing 11 behind the ball. It's what we've come to expect when we play teams wearing blue, though.

Owen should have opened his account today, though i'm sure it won't be long til he actually does (Burnley).

Berbatov should have appealed when that player stood on his foot, instead of carrying on in the box.

Rooney's looking lethal in the air, few headers, one that resulted in his goal.

Valencia's settled in really well, and no doubt he'll assist alot of goals this season for our forwards.

Is there still time to sell Berbatov before window closes?

People find it easy to make Berbatov out to be a scapegoat, because he doesn't run around for 90 minutes being as effective as a chocolate fireguard (Tevez), but last season he was involved in over 30 goals, finishing the season as the Premierships's top assist-man.

He'll still be here, come September, and he will yet again score some very important goals for Manchester United, helping us to our fourth consecutive title.

People find it easy to make Berbatov out to be a scapegoat, because he doesn't run around for 90 minutes being as effective as a chocolate fireguard (Tevez), but last season he was involved in over 30 goals, finishing the season as the Premierships's top assist-man.

He'll still be here, come September, and he will yet again score some very important goals for Manchester United, helping us to our fourth consecutive title.

I'm nearly convinced by your by your astute observations but........no there it is again he's f***in hopeless.

Sir Alex is confident Wayne Rooney's goal against Birmingham City on Sunday will be the first of many this season for the England striker.

Rooney's goal – a simple tap-in after his header had come off the post – took his tally in a United shirt to 99 and gave the Reds an opening-day win for the first time in three years.

"Wayne took his goal well," Sir Alex told MUTV. "The header was a good one and then he reacted the right way – he was quick to follow up. That gets him on the road to what we hope will be a very significant total for us this season.

"It’s good if you can get two or three of your players to score more than 20 goals. Wayne’s capable of that – we’re not asking him to do the impossible."

the rest here

I'm nearly convinced by your by your astute observations but........no there it is again he's f***in hopeless.

I thought he did well today for the most part. He freed up Nani on the right for the cross and eventual goal. He had one header that beat the keeper only to be saved by I-can't-remember-whom. There was one penalty that wasn't called. I thought he did exactly what a striker's supposed to do today.

Watching him certainly can get annoying on occasions because it looks like he just can't be bothered half the time, but I think he's just really deceptive as to how good his game really is.

PREMIERSHIP: WEEK 2

BURNLEY 1 - 0 MANCHESTER UNITED
19' ROBBIE BLAKE

24lo4tu.jpg

----------------

Sir Alex Ferguson found fault with his players’ decision making on Wednesday night after a bad day at the office allowed Burnley to inflict a shock defeat on the champions.

The Reds were at times too rash, at other times too hesitant, when opportunities to cancel out Robbie Blake’s stunning goal for Burnley presented themselves.

“We were too frivolous with the chances we had,” Sir Alex told MUTV.

the rest here

----------------

Less than a month ago, Burnley was in Southern California, playing a fourth-tier, semi-professional American soccer team on a high school football field made of artificial turf. Yesterday, the English soccer club defeated mighty Manchester United, 1-0, in its first home game in the Premier League.

the rest here

Had to listen to the game on the radio. We miss the penalty but Alan Green was saying that it definitley wasn't a peno anyway. Seen the highlights after and it was a stonewall penalty. Hes entire commentary is biast being a bitter liverpool fan.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nemanja Vidic is set to make his first appearance of the season for Manchester United in the Barclays Premier League match at Wigan.

Vidic suffered an ankle injury during the warm-up to a pre-season game in Munich last month but has trained without a problem for the last 10 days and will take his place in a central defence that will miss Rio Ferdinand (thigh) for another three to four weeks.

the rest here

Tags
2-1 4-1 2-0 4-3 96 ftw champions city are shit fans/team=shite munich kyle stretfordrovers tevez is wank weloveleeds
Back
Top Bottom