The OFFICIAL Manchester United Thread

Re: The Premiership

Okay, excuse me for being new to this but I have a question.

I was looking at the standings on Fox Sports and noticed that Chelsea is ahead of Man United by 5 points. They should've lost yesterday or the day before yesterday or whenever. Had they lost, what would the point difference had been? I think my question is, how does the point system work? :squiffy:

Re: The Premiership

Okay, excuse me for being new to this but I have a question.

I was looking at the standings on Fox Sports and noticed that Chelsea is ahead of Man United by 5 points. They should've lost yesterday or the day before yesterday or whenever. Had they lost, what would the point difference had been? I think my question is, how does the point system work? :squiffy:

3 points for a win
1 point for a draw

Re: The Official Man United thread

ha ha like this updated version!
In all seriousness though, I think when someone creates a thread for their
favorite team, band, or whatever it may be, it's a bit rude to be spamming
it.
Unless it's posted by someone I don't like, but I won't mention any names (james cagney).

:lbf:

I doubt it.
Hargreaves will be back soon and Fergie also has Fletcher, Carrick, Anderson, Giggs, Scholes and Gibson at his disposal in central midfield.
As for the wingers, well Obertan has shown a lot of potential though I am not so sure about Valencia and Park. Nani MUST go.
We could do with a good creative midfielder and a world class winger, but who is available in January and not cup tied? Fergie will wait until the summer.
I would like to see Maxi Rodriguez at United, great player.

In my opinion, we also have a weakness up front. Rooney is of course superb and his performances hide a multitude of sins by the other strikers.
Not convinced with either Berbatov or Owen, this is Berba's second season and the much anticipated improvement has not materialised so far.

I.R.

Agree with most of the above, but Giggs was shocking at HUll. My little nephew who has just started playing kept saying; 'why does Giggs keep passing the ball to their team', so it wont be long before him and Scholesey are put out to grass. Nani MUST go, but I'm not convinced with Anderson. Obertan does indeed look class, whereby Berbatov I'm running out of time with.
Gibson looks solid with a cracking shot on him. The papers are saying that citeh could win the league this season with Mancini. :lbf:

Manchester United goalkeeper Edwin van der Sar has been placed on indefinite compassionate leave by the English champions after his wife had a brain hemorrhage.

The 39-year-old Dutchman, who has been absent since last month's win over Everton because of a knee injury, had already been given permission to return to the Netherlands over Christmas to receive treatment from the national team doctor.

But his 36-year-old wife, Annemarie van Kesteren, collapsed last Wednesday as Van der Sar and his family were preparing to celebrate Christmas.

"Annemarie had a problem over in Holland a week ago and has been admitted to hospital - that is the best place for her to be," said United manager Sir Alex Ferguson. "They have examined her twice and are trying to get to the root of it. I have told Edwin to stay over there. There is no point in him being here. The best thing is for him to be with his wife. Hopefully she will make a good recovery."

United, which hosts Wigan on Wednesday, is second in the Premier League.

-----

makes football mean nothing, hope she recovers from it

Oh, sorry, I thought this was a thread for all things Stretford.....:crazy: seems that all united fans can do is talk about City:confused:

from the bitters thread;

I love the way Stretford fans flock to this thread:thumb:
Meanwhile, no self respecting Blue would EVER post on a Trafford thread
:cool:

But, seeing as you are here:guitar:
Seriously.....who is going to win the semi?
I don't want any.....''yeah but we will put the reserves out and you your first team'' comments.
Who will get through to the final?
The omens are on our side.... last time the two teams met in the League cup semi, back in 1970, City won over the two legs (thanks to a Stepney howler - it was an indirect free kick from Summerbee and he parried it straight out and Lee, Bell or Young whacked in the rebound, had he just let it fly in it would have been not given)
City went on to beat WBA in the final......

Jukebox Jury

now go away, cheers.

Last edited:
They've got Curly Watts as a celebrity fan
Citeh are a massive club :guitar:

And some fo those Man Utd celeb fans. In full:

Eamonn Holmes
Patrick Kielty
Angus Deayton
Mick Hucknall
Zoe Ball

My mother's partners twin offspring are season ticket holders at the Theatre of Dreams. And where do they live?

London. :lbf::lbf::lbf:

And some fo those Man Utd celeb fans. In full:

Eamonn Holmes
Patrick Kielty
Angus Deayton
Mick Hucknall
Zoe Ball

My mother's partners twin offspring are season ticket holders at the Theatre of Dreams. And where do they live?

London. :lbf::lbf::lbf:

Morrissey,
Terry Hall from the Specials,
Hooky,
Mani,
Ian Brown etc etc..

Best display by Valencia in a red shirt tonight. Made two and scored one and is very unselfish when crossing the ball. Always looking for someone in a better position rather than shooting from impossible angles. He 'll get better imo.

And as for Rafael, what can you say; brilliant, class and he's only a kid..

5-0 will do nicely for our goal difference..

Oh, sorry, I thought this was a thread for all things Stretford.....:crazy: seems that all united fans can do is talk about City:confused:
They must be really worried about the Coke Cup semi's:thumb:

We're so worried that we only put half of our team out. If you don't beat us over two legs then I'd be embarrassed.

Massive cup for a massive club. :guitar:

Terry Hall is a Chelsea supporter.

OK, I'm going to break my silence on this thread (not that I read it anyway:thumb:) to suggest to Kewpie that she sticks to Morrissey threads as she clearly knows F-all about football.
Terry Hall is a born and bred Coventrian (that's somebody from Coventry) - so naturally he is a fan of the club from Stretford:lbf:

Well done united on beating Wigan Pathetic - only four goals less than Spuds put past them the other week:p

Jukebox Jury

Tags
2-1 4-1 2-0 4-3 96 ftw champions city are shit fans/team=shite munich kyle stretfordrovers tevez is wank weloveleeds
Back
Top Bottom