The OFFICIAL Manchester United Thread

tumblr_lkvzz5L74E1qfpgyno1_500.png

tumblr_lkvxo8hHwV1qgoeqlo1_500.jpg

5Live are reporting tail backs on the M6 southbound tonight as Chelsea and Utd fans make their way home to London... :p

I was caught up in the celebrations a few years back when Utd won the league - I'd been to the Lowry for the afternoon and was walking back to Old Trafford to get the tram home - it was brilliant being on Matt Busby Way as thousands of fans made their way to the ground to celebrate (can't remember whether Utd had just played away or whether it was other results that went their way, but there wasn't a match at OT) we stayed for an hour or so watching the fans celebrate. Looks like there will be some more celebrations next week.

I've got my fingers crossed that Huddersfield Town have their own celebrations at Old Trafford in a few weeks times as we win the League One play off final...

Dave

I loathe Manchester United and their so-called fans. (I've only ever met one Man Utd supporter, he is a season ticket holder and lives in London. Lol!) Try following a proper football club that don't think they're entitled (if you'll pardon the pun) to success and get relegated and stuff

Still if Man City hold on to this its gonna be Mad there tonight. Madchester I mean. And London too probably

It's a myth there's more fans in Manchester that support Citeh than United.

If this theory were true, why do they have 20k empty seats each game?

THE CITY IS YOURSSS? THE CITY IS YOURSSSS?

20,000 EMPTY SEATS, ARE YOU f***ING SURE?

It's a myth there's more fans in Manchester that support Citeh than United.

If this theory were true, why do they have 20k empty seats each game?

THE CITY IS YOURSSS? THE CITY IS YOURSSSS?

20,000 EMPTY SEATS, ARE YOU f***ING SURE?

I don't doubt that loads of MUFC fans live in Manchester (I know and work with loads of them, but I only know two people who actually go to games); but, I don't want to rain on your parade Kyle, if you took away all the non Mancs at Old Trafford the place would be half empty - certainly no where near the 70,000 capacity. How many flights from Belfast and Dublin are chartered for home games? How many coaches and trains are full from London, Cornwall, Swansea, Southampton...? How many people are there on free corporate tickets? The ground is half full of glory hunters who could / should be following their own team.

And for the last couple of years there have been plenty of spare seats at Utd - as the recession / credit crunch took hold of corporate budgets no one had the cash to splash out packages to treat clients at the match.

It's funny, whenever Granada or North West Tonight interview fans outside Old Trafford after a match they almost never have Manc accents. Credit to those who go away though - all those on TV last night celebrating winning the Prem at Blackburn all had Manc accents.

Congratulations on winning the title though - 19 titles will take a lot to beat, especially at the rate you continue to win them. But, with a resurgent Liverpool (look where Kenny took them from and to this year and with no distraction from Champions League) I fancy them coming back if not next year, then the year after... And the City owners have deeper pockets than the banks that own Utd, they are only going to continue buying and buying...

Back in the real world... Huddersfield Town were lucky to get a draw at Bournemouth yesterday (as were Utd at Blackburn, never a penalty), but surely we will win at home and then on to the League One Play Off Final at Old Trafford on May 29th. Come on Town!

Dave

Hernandez touched the ball past Robinson, who then took him down, clear as day penalty.

Also, the other day Sky Sports News were in the Arndale Centre asking fans from both sides about the weekend, there were several Irish Citeh fans, so that argument that all our fans are Irish, Cockney, Asian, etc, etc, works both ways.

I loathe Manchester United and their so-called fans. (I've only ever met one Man Utd supporter, he is a season ticket holder and lives in London. Lol!) Try following a proper football club that don't think they're entitled (if you'll pardon the pun) to success and get relegated and stuff

Still if Man City hold on to this its gonna be Mad there tonight. Madchester I mean. And London too probably

Cardiff what's the score? Cardiff, Cardiff what's the score?

Cardiff what's the score? Cardiff, Cardiff what's the score?

Michael f***ing Barrymore. See that's what I mean as a Man U fan you don't have the privilege of witnessing gutwrenching disappointment year after year and consoling yourself by thinking oh well at least I've saved myself some money and self respect as that other Welsh team, the Jack bastards, won't beat us at Wembley.

Still when Man City buy the best 50 players in the world in the summer I expect Man Utensils fans can relive that Dennis Law backheel again and again. Emotionally.

Or maybe Man Utd fans can relive Wayne Rooney's or Macheda's miss last night. ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Last edited:
This is probably an appropriate place to post this...
scaled.php

The Sunday Herald has pushed the boundaries of the super injunction - I've no idea who this is, but that's definitely a MUFC shirt ;)

Dave

This is probably an appropriate place to post this...
scaled.php

The Sunday Herald has pushed the boundaries of the super injunction - I've no idea who this is, but that's definitely a MUFC shirt ;)

Dave

does this mean he won't be playing today? rested? Whatever it is the SAF does when one of his players misbehaves?

Tags
2-1 4-1 2-0 4-3 96 ftw champions city are shit fans/team=shite munich kyle stretfordrovers tevez is wank weloveleeds
Back
Top Bottom