The OFFICIAL Manchester United Thread

Are you serious? They outclassed City and Arsenal in the last two games. Some people are never happy :D

You were clearly the better team in the second leg.....but outclassed? Second half maybe but certainly not the first half.

Jukebox Jury

With all due respect to Pompey...... they are sinking faster than the Belgrano.
If you don't tonk them, questions will be asked..........

Jukebox Jury

A hammering would be nice, however 3 points is all we need. :thumb:
This can also be achieved with a single goal margin, so I'll take any questions you may wish to ask JJ although to be honest I really will not care one bit as I look down from the top of the league! :lbf:

A hammering would be nice, however 3 points is all we need. :thumb:
This can also be achieved with a single goal margin, so I'll take any questions you may wish to ask JJ although to be honest I really will not care one bit as I look down from the top of the league! :lbf:

I agree - City fans around me were moaning about City's performance against Pompey last week.
I kept saying '3 points, 2 goals and a clean sheet - that'll do me'.
We'd played Yer-united twice and Scunny too in the cup the previous 11 days - 3 big games that took it's toll on the players, but we still won on the day and that was all that was needed.

PS I didn't mean questions woud be asked by me......

Jukebox Jury

Are you serious? They outclassed City and Arsenal in the last two games. Some people are never happy :D

Arsenal were dire. United didn't pull up any trees. They scored two on the counter and the other was an own-goal. I'm struggling to remember a chance actually created by United.

As Wenger said, United = anti-football.

Arsenal were dire. United didn't pull up any trees. They scored two on the counter and the other was an own-goal. I'm struggling to remember a chance actually created by United.

As Wenger said, United = anti-football.

I didn't watch the game..... but maybe the Arse were dire...because they played against a better team??????

I'm the last person to stick up for Yer-nited, but your comment is a bit daft:rolleyes:

Jukebox Jury

I didn't watch the game..... but maybe the Arse were dire...because they played against a better team??????

I'm the last person to stick up for Yer-nited, but your comment is a bit daft:rolleyes:

Jukebox Jury

Do you apply that logic to every game?

It's not as if United forced them into playing a game they didn't want to play. They were given the freedom to play the ball. United just sat back, absorbed the pressure and capitalised on Arsenal's mistakes. Hardly a lesson in how to play the beautiful game - an obsolete phrase in England - but it'd be foolish to expect anything more after reading your above post ('a win on the day is all that's needed', or something). 'The bacillus of efficiency', indeed.

Do you apply that logic to every game?

It's not as if United forced them into playing a game they didn't want to play. They were given the freedom to play the ball. United just sat back, absorbed the pressure and capitalised on Arsenal's mistakes. Hardly a lesson in how to play the beautiful game - an obsolete phrase in England - but it'd be foolish to expect anything more after reading your above post ('a win on the day is all that's needed', or something). 'The bacillus of efficiency', indeed.

The aim of the game is winning, teams are hardly going to play like total football every game. I think you've been playing fifa on the playstation too long and mixed up reality and fiction mate

The aim of the game is winning, teams are hardly going to play like total football every game. I think you've been playing fifa on the playstation too long and mixed up reality and fiction mate

You can't play 'like' total football every game, but, then, have United ever played 'like' total football? Certainly not in my lifetime. How often do United attempt to play 'like' total football? Rarely, let's say.
Besides, there's a lot of room to move between total football and playing exclusively on the break.

By-the-bye, how would my playing FIFA for too long (which I don't, incidentally) influence my ideals about how the game should be played? Or are you just throwing out baseless insults in the hope that they'll undermine my opinion?

You can't play 'like' total football every game, but, then, have United ever played 'like' total football? Certainly not in my lifetime. How often do United attempt to play 'like' total football? Rarely, let's say.
Besides, there's a lot of room to move between total football and playing exclusively on the break.

By-the-bye, how would my playing FIFA for too long (which I don't, incidentally) influence my ideals about how the game should be played? Or are you just throwing out baseless insults in the hope that they'll undermine my opinion?

If you dislike United so much, may I ask what are you doing on this thread?
Why not make better use of your time by reading about and posting comments on things you actually DO like?
Goodbye!

If you dislike United so much, may I ask what are you doing on this thread?
Why not make better use of your time by reading about and posting comments on things you actually DO like?
Goodbye!

I take an interest in United, which is enough for me to want to discuss them with others who take an interest.

Tags
2-1 4-1 2-0 4-3 96 ftw champions city are shit fans/team=shite munich kyle stretfordrovers tevez is wank weloveleeds
Back
Top Bottom