East of Eden

Interesting Thug

Breadknife Collector
Was watching this tonight...

Has anyone noticed the line

"After she left him, he died.
He walked around, but he died."

before? Sorry, if it's been brought up, but I don't think I've ever heard this film cited as a source for 'You Have Killed Me'? Seems a decent enough bet, no?

Tenuous maybe... I also picked up on Dean saying 'Can you look at the truth, just once?' But that might be too much of a stretch... 'Sing Your Life'?

Sorry again, if these are well known or clearly bollocks... :blushing:

What do you think?

Was watching this tonight...

Has anyone noticed the line

"After she left him, he died.
He walked around, but he died."

Maybe you're right.
When we're talking about Dean's influence everything is possible, dear....

However, about the second quote I can't answer.

Interesting and you're probably right. I noticed something myself when I geeked out with a bit of Shakespeare, "As Merry as the days were long..." is mentioned in Much Ado About Nothing and King John. I doubt Morrissey lifted that for You've Got Everything Now though. It's probably just bollocks and proof that I need to be slapped silly.

Interesting and you're probably right. I noticed something myself when I geeked out with a bit of Shakespeare, "As Merry as the days were long..." is mentioned in Much Ado About Nothing and King John. I doubt Morrissey lifted that for You've Got Everything Now though. It's probably just bollocks and proof that I need to be slapped silly.

Not bollocks, but it's a common expression. I think "A hundred times, maybe less, maybe more" was also taken from or at least inspired by some line in a Shakespeare play, but I can't remember which one.

Back
Top Bottom