I found a thread in the 2008 archive (I've been browsing that a lot recently) that I thought I would revive. So, what particular part/s of a Smiths/Moz solo song/s always gives you goosebumps- whether it's the lyrics, music or his voice?
As for me, it's so hard to choose, but these are tops for me:
1. The very first, whispered lines of Now My Heart is Full ("There's gonna be some trouble..."), as well as the build up to and climax of the first chorus especially. It's astounding really.
2. "Hear my voice in your head and think of me kindly" in Rubber Ring, the way he sings that line gives me chills every time.
3. ALL of Reel Around the Fountain. The melody, and the steadyness of the drums and guitar, is so simple but beautiful, as is the way he sings 'like a butterfly'.
4. Speedway- "All of the rumours keeping me grounded, I never said, I never said, that they were completely unfounded". Enough said.
5. Suffer Little Children is just heartbreaking in it's entirety.
6. The "oh-oh"-ing in WDDIM
7. Come Back To Camden is fantastic musically, lyrically and vocally. I especially love "And me and my heart, we knew...".
Too many to put into words really, but those would be the main ones.
How about everyone else?