Haven't talked to my dad in a long time. totally dysfunctional fathers day Thread

D

Dave

xpoa1.jpg

My father is dead.

Before that he was an asshole.

I feel little emotion as I type this.

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!

I love my dad but he's never been...a conventional dad. Under the influence of drugs he once growled to me over the phone, "I don't know you" and hung up. He called back, but it's always difficult to find a suitable father's Day card.:straightface:

HA HA! Unlukcy, you lot. My Dad is f***ing brilliant, and is a normal man, who treats his family in a normal way. I win. :cool:

meaning you must fail in some other way:cool::p

glad about your dad, though

My dad is kind of tiring to be around, but he means well, is aging, and all he wants to do is take photos, watch footy (he used to play for a semi-pro team in Costa Rica, many years ago), and retire back to Costa Rica.

Frustrating at times, but he's the only dad I have.

We don't celebrate father's day here. (I still lubs my daddy though. :love: Just a normal guy.)

My dad is a very proud man. Thinks he is king of the mountain where he lives. Deep down, he is a good guy and at 71 still very sharp. Our conversations are short and to the point.

I haven't seen my parents in a LONG time. After my half brother tricked my father into signing him power of attorney, he took both of my parents and placed them into Assisted Care. My dad is 86 and I don't think he will be around much longer so I try to spend as much time as I can with them. I grew up as Daddy's Girl but my mom was jealous of the close bond I have with my father. I know they're elderly but I am going to miss my dad and I can't imagine a world without him in it. :( My half brother got rid of ALL of their things-furniture, jewelry, clothes, etc. I had boxes of books in the garage but since my asshole half bro decided I could only bring HALF of my books and I'm angry at this because those books were MINE. I think he sold the rest of them. Now my parents can't pass away in their own home. It sucks! :mad:

my dad's alright

he was a big Ronaldo fan, so i wrote in the card

'Ronaldo may leave you, but i'll always be here' wahey

There's no such thing as a model family-there's always some level of dysfunction. I can't imagine things could ever be or were so horrible for some of you to say such things about your Father...I'm sorry. I think every Father-child relationship involves some level of compromise. It can't be (it isn't) easy to be a parent-and most Dad's do what they think is best for their families, of course there are exceptions...

My Dad is very passive to a fault and while we don't have a whole lot in common, he's a wonderful, caring man -I'm thankful I still have him at 69 and he's in good health. We had some rocky years (over mine & my-step Mom's relationship) but we agreed that, no matter what, we'd stay close & in touch. It's taken a concerted effort on both parts, but it's been worth it (and I'm friends with my step-Mom now...that helps ;)). I just got off the phone with my Dad to wish him a Happy Dad's Day.

Happy Father's Day to all the solo Father's :sweet:

Tags
bitterness </3 dads suck deadbeat dad missing moms ftw my parents rock superhans=sad wah wah wah wah
Back
Top Bottom