Oasis 4th June 09

I decided not to go. I went out, but stayed local. Had to listen to loads of Oasis from the jukebox in the first pub (The Beehive - a mecca for all Man City fans) then the next place was playing their live DVD. So it was like I had been afterall!

The roads in Whitefield are a full of bottles and take away cartons etc. It looks like a bomb has hit the place. We're about 2 miles from Heaton Park as well. Mad (for it).

Best moment of the night:
Walking down Sheepfoot Lane towards Middleton Road after the gig..... big queue of fans outside the driveway to a house. About 4/5 young Asian kids with a table on their drive selling cokes, crisps, mars bars etc.
Very enterprising:rock:

Jukebox Jury

Best moment of the night:
Walking down Sheepfoot Lane towards Middleton Road after the gig..... big queue of fans outside the driveway to a house. About 4/5 young Asian kids with a table on their drive selling cokes, crisps, mars bars etc.
Very enterprising:rock:

Jukebox Jury

Yes. I heard that some of the big houses on Sheepfoot Lane had set up shop. Reminds me of Wimbledon during the tennis fortnight, when pretty much every house from the tube to the Tennis Club have a stall outside selling drinks etc.

I've been looking at accommodation for the Troxy gig, this afternoon. West Ham convert the Exec boxes into hotel rooms for £67 a night! Sounds ideal?

p.113.img.jpg

Last edited:
i hate to be the kind of brother that joins nd then hits a brother for link but i gots to be tht kind of brother - jackie brown

for anyone who is after *beeeeeeeep*

i just entered and thought hey, might aswell tell a few people

Last edited by a moderator:
i hate to be the kind of brother that joins nd then hits a brother for link but i gots to be tht kind of brother - jackie brown

for anyone who is after glastonbury 2009 tickets - contest here

i just entered and thought hey, might aswell tell a few people

spam off

Last edited by a moderator:
I went to all 3 Oasis gigs, differnet set of friends each nite you see and each night enjoyed the gigs. Anyone saying Oasis are shit and passed it need to actually go and watch them!! It was a great line up, with Twisted Wheel, The Enemy and KASABIAN all playing blinding sets, as for people leaving early on Thursday, why would u do it?? You could hear the sound had cut out and could see smoke billowing from the back of the stage!! To be fair it was better in the front pit which i managed to get in on saturday, and get to the barrier and a hand shake off Liam!!
all in all a great weekend!!

I decided not to go. I went out, but stayed local. Had to listen to loads of Oasis from the jukebox in the first pub (The Beehive - a mecca for all Man City fans) then the next place was playing their live DVD. So it was like I had been afterall!

The roads in Whitefield are a full of bottles and take away cartons etc. It looks like a bomb has hit the place. We're about 2 miles from Heaton Park as well. Mad (for it).

I wouldnt have blamed you for not going. I went and the touts were offering £50 for a ticket :crazy: But in the end I got in for £25 :thumb:

In relation to the rubbish situation, near enough, no bins on site or the area surrounding Heaton Park.

I wouldnt have blamed you for not going. I went and the touts were offering £50 for a ticket :crazy: But in the end I got in for £25 :thumb:

In relation to the rubbish situation, near enough, no bins on site or the area surrounding Heaton Park.

I have many friends/colleagues who live near Heaton Park. By the time they woke up each morning the streets had been cleaned. However further away from the park, on the main roads it was a problem. Whitefield was cans, plastic bottles and all kinds of chicken in box waste.

On the price front, you paid more than anyone else I have spoken to. Most paid £15 or £10 depending on which night. Some (Thursday) got in for £5 - and this was the asking price! Still, £25 is better than the £50 pre book price.

To be honest, I was put off when I heard Saturdays soundcheck. It soon dawned on me that I would have been bored stupid.

I have many friends/colleagues who live near Heaton Park. By the time they woke up each morning the streets had been cleaned. However further away from the park, on the main roads it was a problem. Whitefield was cans, plastic bottles and all kinds of chicken in box waste.

On the price front, you paid more than anyone else I have spoken to. Most paid £15 or £10 depending on which night. Some (Thursday) got in for £5 - and this was the asking price! Still, £25 is better than the £50 pre book price.

To be honest, I was put off when I heard Saturdays soundcheck. It soon dawned on me that I would have been bored stupid.

I would say that £25 was a bit over the odds. But that was because I wanted to get in quite early to get to the front pit. If I had waited till nearer the time that Oasis were coming on I would have got a ticket for quite less.

I would say that £25 was a bit over the odds. But that was because I wanted to get in quite early to get to the front pit. If I had waited till nearer the time that Oasis were coming on I would have got a ticket for quite less.

I heard this afternoon that Sunday night the touts were actually asking for spares. £70 was the going rate if you wanted to buy one. Still, not that big a mark up compared to what they usually want to fleece fans for?

The rumour mill has already started about the next Heaton Park gig. Madonna?

I heard this afternoon that Sunday night the touts were actually asking for spares. £70 was the going rate if you wanted to buy one. Still, not that big a mark up compared to what they usually want to fleece fans for?

The rumour mill has already started about the next Heaton Park gig. Madonna?

If Madonna played prices for tickets would be astronomical and she would want to do alot of shows their. Plus I'm sure the neighbours around Heaton Park would object again!

If Madonna played prices for tickets would be astronomical and she would want to do alot of shows their. Plus I'm sure the neighbours around Heaton Park would object again!

Last week/end was as much about establishing Heaton Park as a concert venue as it was about an Oasis tour. There will be other gigs, of this I'm sure.

Last week/end was as much about establishing Heaton Park as a concert venue as it was about an Oasis tour. There will be other gigs, of this I'm sure.

The Smiths perhaps:thumb:

I went on the saturday. going to an oasis gig is an experience that you either love or hate. heaton park was my 8th and was so far the best. Its reminded me a little bit of a morrissey show in some ways, they have an unbelievable fanbase that will come from all over to see them, in any weather, anywhere on the planet. not quite on the same scale as moz though but, hope you get what I'm saying.

Yes. I heard that some of the big houses on Sheepfoot Lane had set up shop. Reminds me of Wimbledon during the tennis fortnight, when pretty much every house from the tube to the Tennis Club have a stall outside selling drinks etc.

I've been looking at accommodation for the Troxy gig, this afternoon. West Ham convert the Exec boxes into hotel rooms for £67 a night! Sounds ideal?

p.113.img.jpg

I heard they have those beds out during the game for those fans bored:sleeping:with the Hammers:thumb:

Jukebox Jury

20,000 "cheeky" fans have asked for their money back, according to Noel today. :thumb:

20,000 "cheeky" fans have asked for their money back, according to Noel today. :thumb:

yeah. i dont think noel understands how many people missed 45mins+ of the gig as they had a train-bus etc. to catch as it went over time. if the gig went as planned without the 40 minute delay everyone would have enjoyed the gig. it took 10minutes walking to the gig from the entrance & even longer on the way back in the dark :lbf: great gig but its only that "those" fans get there money back. also they never finished Lyla or Rock n roll star, shame. they didnt scrap any new songs to make way for the classics, big mistake :crazy:

Back
Top Bottom