THE SMITHS AND THE CURE...

• Thread starter MIKE OR AKA mozMIK
  • Start date
M

MIKE OR AKA mozMIK

THE SMITHS ARE BETTER.....THATS ALL I HAVE TO SAY.

> THE SMITHS ARE BETTER.....THATS ALL I HAVE TO SAY.

better in there own way, two different styles two different bands.sometimes i feel like the smiths sometimes i feel like the cure, i will admit however i do listen to the smiths a whole lot more.

sigh....no need to make the moz-smith rivalry any worse....
i love them both...

As a fan of both bands, I find it hard to compare them. While I feel that Moz/the smiths is/are better. The Cure has had some defining moments in its long career. Sadly, I see no creative outlet bering used w/ the Cure. The last effort was hideous. Moz on the other hand continues to give give work. So to all u Malajusted nay sayers ,, enough !!!!!!

Maladjusted may not have been Moz's best effort but it was a hell of a lot better than the cure's wild mood swings...hopefully the cure's next album will be better...

comparing psychological themes of Morrissey and the Cure

> As a fan of both bands, I find it hard to compare them. While I¿ feel that Moz/the smiths is/are better. The Cure has had some¿ defining moments in its long career. Sadly, I see no creative¿ outlet bering used w/ the Cure. The last effort was hideous. Moz¿ on the other hand continues to give give work. So to all u¿ Malajusted nay sayers ,, enough !!!!!!

I've always felt there was some vague connection between Morrissey and the Cure insomuch as they relate to relationships with a general air of futility. It goes something like this:

Morrissey (no relationship): "Will I ever find love? Oh, how I suffer alone; I'm so inadequate. Well, no one deserves me anyway. I'm better off; remember what happened last time? Relationships are strictly for suckers."

Cure (in a relationship): "Oh, I'm so sublimely happy in this relationship. But wait, perhaps love is an illusion. Do I really love you? Do you really love me? This relationship will eventually end. Waah! You dumped me! I'm gonna get good and drunk."

Does anyone else see this?

While we're on the subject, I've always secretly believed that "Nobody Loves Us" is actually about the Cure and that Morrissey was venting when he wrote it. Coincidentally, it's probably in my top three favorite Morrissey/Smiths songs.

I think that what people disliked about Maladjusted was that the songs were so conventional, compared to Southpaw anyway. By the way, what was it you didn't like about Mood Swings? Up till now I thought it had some really good songs on it.

Re: comparing psychological themes of Morrissey and the Cure

> I've always felt there was some vague connection between¿ Morrissey and the Cure insomuch as they relate to relationships¿ with a general air of futility. It goes something like this:¿ Morrissey (no relationship): "Will I ever find love? Oh,¿ how I suffer alone; I'm so inadequate. Well, no one deserves me¿ anyway. I'm better off; remember what happened last time?¿ Relationships are strictly for suckers."¿ Cure (in a relationship): "Oh, I'm so sublimely happy in¿ this relationship. But wait, perhaps love is an illusion. Do I¿ really love you? Do you really love me? This relationship will¿ eventually end. Waah! You dumped me! I'm gonna get good and¿ drunk."¿ Does anyone else see this?

Interesting observations. Also Robert Smith wears his MASK, while Morrissey's lyrics are his MASK. You can't penetrate either.

the cure, who cares

The Cure, well they're okay. A lot of their stuff is too tinkly and poppy for my taste. I don't much like Robert Smith's voice.

The SMITHS are vastly superior to any other band that has ever existed on planet Earth, of course.¿ As a fan of both bands, I find it hard to compare them. While I¿ feel that Moz/the smiths is/are better. The Cure has had some¿ defining moments in its long career. Sadly, I see no creative¿ outlet bering used w/ the Cure. The last effort was hideous. Moz¿ on the other hand continues to give give work. So to all u¿ Malajusted nay sayers ,, enough !!!!!!

Re: the cure, who cares

> The Cure, well they're okay. A lot of their stuff is too tinkly¿ and poppy for my taste. I don't much like Robert Smith's voice.¿ The SMITHS are vastly superior to any other band that has ever¿ existed on planet Earth, of course.

Early Cure is a fifth rate rip-off of Joy Division, later Cure is Duran Duran with a bit more taste.

Back
Top Bottom