Article: "List of the Lost" reviews in The Guardian (#2), Emily ReyNOlds; TTY UK bookshop photo; med

An anonymous person posts the link:

List of the Lost by Morrissey review – 'verbose, tangential, unfocused' by Alex Clark - The Guardian
There’s so much inelegant confusion in this story of a teenage relay team that a short novel feels far too long. Moz has dropped the baton and what he needs is an editor

"Some sentences are pure gibberish."

Detritus posted the link:

"List of the Lost" review by Emily ReyNOlds (1 out of 10) - Medium

Morran sends the link:

Morrissey's 'List of the Lost' is launched in the UK - true-to-you.net
24 September 2015

morrissey_s_list_of_the_lost_is_launched_in_the_uk.jpg

Morrissey's debut novel, List of the Lost: the 10 most embarrassing lines by Michael Deacon - The Telegraph. Link posted by an anonymous person (original post).

Morrissey's debut novel: not one, but two outrageous sex scenes
by Alice Vincent - The Telegraph. Link posted by an anonymous person (original post).

Morrissey Debut Novel Savaged In First Reviews - Sky News

Morrissey's debut novel has got everyone talking - but not for the right reasons - Irish Examiner

Last edited by a moderator:
"2. Snoozled in sleepland

“All quiet, all still in this decent and pleasant atmosphere of slumber and repose, where lush houses of beddy-bye shut-eye snoozled in sleepland; a smiling sleep of dreamland.”

Good for a Dr. Seuss children's book not so much for a gothic romantic novel.

neighboring towns of Neverland.

Last edited:
I"m stunned at the ludicrous run-on sentences. I always thought he had quite a way with words, but this proves otherwise. Atrocious!

I am still stunned he even found the time to write anything. I am going to love it. Hey haters who can never see anything positive about Morrissey....I don't see your novel on Amazon so F$$$ off.

I am still stunned he even found the time to write anything. I am going to love it. Hey haters who can never see anything positive about Morrissey....I don't see your novel on Amazon so F$$$ off.

Wait - are you saying only those who've attempted the same are qualified to critique? What about concert goers? Football match attendees? Opera and theatre goers? Sure, make up your own mind, but after. You've gone all emperor's new clothes. You know everyone else says it shit, but, without reading it yourself, you know different. Lots of people have read it. I have not seen one positive review. If you find one, please post it.

Wait - are you saying only those who've attempted the same are qualified to critique? What about concert goers? Football match attendees? Opera and theatre goers? Sure, make up your own mind, but after. You've gone all emperor's new clothes. You know everyone else says it shit, but, without reading it yourself, you know different. Lots of people have read it. I have not seen one positive review. If you find one, please post it.

Would be funny if it became a huge seller due to people wanting to read just how (apparently) shit it is.

Are you one of those who think that an artist can literally do no wrong, make no missteps, and that everything they do is gold?
What a ridiculous argument to make. The only reason that this got published was the name behind it. Nothing else.
Morrissey, in the absence of editors, and surrounded by yes men who are afraid of giving him any kind of constructive criticism lest they be kicked off of the Morrissey train,
has painted himself into a corner where he looks more foolish as the years go by.

This is what happens when you buy into your own legend and hype.

Last edited:
Re: Article: "List of the Lost" reviews in The Guardian (#2), Emily ReyNOlds; TTY UK bookshop photo; media mentions

You are extremely jealous of Morrissey. ALWAYS. And constantly miss the point. Reviews? REVIEWS? This is what you go by? Surely you must be joking. Morrissey is a genius and it bothers you, it disturbs you to the core, why? Jealousy. IN FACT, YES, if you have not done what he has done, in his shoes, YOU ARE NOT QUALIFIED, how is this so hard to understand? Concert goers, theatre, football, you name it, SAY NOTHING about whether or not the art/sport is good. How can you be this dense? You would've said the same thing when Hand In Glove came out...this is shit, blah blah blah. GUARANTEED. Where's the good reviews, blah blah blah. Please, go away.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you one of those who think that an artist can literally do no wrong, make no missteps, and that everything they do is gold?
What a ridiculous argument to make. The only reason that this got published was the name behind it. Nothing else.
Morrissey, in the absence of editors, and surrounded by yes men who are afraid of giving him any kind of constructive criticism, lest they be kicked off of the Morrissey train,
has painted himself into a corner where he looks more foolish as the years go by.

This is what happens when you buy into your own legend and hype.

You sound like you're describing yourself as the years go by, wait, no you look GLORIOUS as the years go by. Right.

Reviews are not important. Only thing valid is your stand. Just like Morrissey's intellectual hero Walter Pater point it out in "The Renaissance-Studies in art and poetry": What effect does it really produce on me. So, obviously, this book doesnt go for you (or many for that matter). It will for someone. Like me.

Reviews are not important. Only thing valid is your stand. Just like Morrissey's intellectual hero Walter Pater point it out in "The Renaissance-Studies in art and poetry": What effect does it really produce on me. So, obviously, this book doesnt go for you (or many for that matter). It will for someone. Like me.

Well that's fine, but the metacritic response is significant too. The overarching response. I appreciate you may have a different response, but on the whole, most may, and I stress may disagree. And that's something neither you, I or Morrissey can do anything about. As an artist you publish and be damned. If you're asking people to part with their money, the buying public deserve their say. And on the point of reviews not being important, you might have missed the countless review encomia printed on TTY from Morrissey himself that may give the lie to that.

Well that's fine, but the metacritic response is significant too. The overarching response. I appreciate you may have a different response, but on the whole, most may, and I stress may disagree. And that's something neither you, I or Morrissey can do anything about. As an artist you publish and be damned. If you're asking people to part with their money, the buying public deserve their say. And on the point of reviews not being important, you might have missed the countless review encomia printed on TTY from Morrissey himself that may give the lie to that.

Wrong. No one asked you to part with your money. That's entirely up to you. You stick with "most" people and I'll stick with Morrissey, er, wait, you're sticking with Morrisssey too, how about that?

I absolutely agree. This book won't go with majority; simply, prose style is very 19th century overblown. But, of course, as it is always with art = it is personal thing. And
"Of course, the attacks are very gross, very impertinent, and very contemptible. But then no artist expects grace from the vulgar mind, or style from the suburban intellect. What the public calls an unhealthy novel is always a beautiful and healthy work of art." - Oscar Wilde

Wrong. No one asked you to part with your money. That's entirely up to you. You stick with "most" people and I'll stick with Morrissey, er, wait, you're sticking with Morrisssey too, how about that?

Ok, we've got a loose one here. I haven't deployed the ignore for a while. I value my rationality. Goodbye.

I do believe I will pass on this, but am very much looking forward to reading arguments on here about the writing quality. No doubt there will be a contingent of people saying the book is absolutely wonderful. These will be the same people who rate "Kick the Bride Down the Aisle" on par with Vauxhall and I material.

Re: Article: "List of the Lost" reviews in The Guardian (#2), Emily ReyNOlds; TTY UK bookshop photo; media mentions

Ok, we've got a loose one here. I haven't deployed the ignore for a while. I value my rationality. Goodbye.

The more you ignore me, the closer I get.

- - - Updated - - -

I do believe I will pass on this, but am very much looking forward to reading arguments on here about the writing quality. No doubt there will be a contingent of people saying the book is absolutely wonderful. These will be the same people who rate "Kick the Bride Down the Aisle" on par with Vauxhall and I material.

Apples and Oranges.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom