help me get THPGU played on local radio!

http://www.forth2.com/showdj.asp?DJID=19642

Here's the story. I am number crunching away in a poorly lit basement, god knows what the weather is like. The only reception I can get on my transistor radio is for the above station. I am campaigning to get the new Morrissey single played, but despite my repeated texts and e-mails, I have been met with silence.

Please click the above link and e-mail Arlene at Forth2 to tell her how good the single is and why she should play it. A mention that the Playhouse is sold out without much publicity maybe?

Thank you everybody!!

http://www.forth2.com/showdj.asp?DJID=19642

Here's the story. I am number crunching away in a poorly lit basement, god knows what the weather is like. The only reception I can get on my transistor radio is for the above station. I am campaigning to get the new Morrissey single played, but despite my repeated texts and e-mails, I have been met with silence.

Please click the above link and e-mail Arlene at Forth2 to tell her how good the single is and why she should play it. A mention that the Playhouse is sold out without much publicity maybe?

Thank you everybody!!

Done it - fingers crossed!

Please click the above link and e-mail Arlene at Forth2 to tell her how good the single is and why she should play it.

i don't think that'll help.

yeah, well just sitting on your arse isn't going to help either, is it? At least I'm trying (very, so I'm told).

well, since it isn't on their playlist, it seems to be the perfect strategy.

so it isn't on their playlist? how does it get onto one of those? Seeing as there are people requesting any old song, the chances of that song being on the playlist are pretty low too. Don't you think that people requesting the song would make it ONTO the playlist in future?

p.s. this is a copy of a sent email from this morning.

I’d like to use this address for receiving future remittances in the future, when all’s well.

Lynne

You know that psychological thing when if you singing a song, other people will start singing/humming it later on too? Well I am trying that, but people are just telling me to shut the f*** up.

Hmm my Morrissey Marketing company may well be over before it's started.

Sadly I cannot see Radio 1 playing it.

Lets all bombard Edith Bowman to play it!!I`m gonna email the station now.:D

They all seem to be playing Britney "bury me in a "y" shape coffin Spears latest crap offering continously.I think its pure ageism myself.If you,re not 19 and spotty they don`t play it.Its so unfair because all it takes is a few plays to reel new fans in.

so it isn't on their playlist? how does it get onto one of those? Seeing as there are people requesting any old song, the chances of that song being on the playlist are pretty low too. Don't you think that people requesting the song would make it ONTO the playlist in future?

do you mean that there is no playlist and that it's a request show? but that means that there is a very real risk that it could be played and that unsuspecting listeners might hear it!

i'm abandoning my earlier strategy and e-mailing them to request that they don't play it. apathy is bad.

further to the above, this is the e-mail i sent them:

Please DO NOT PLAY the new single by Morrissey, under ANY circumstances. IT'S f***ING AWFUL!

Thank you for your co-operation, in this matter.

HIM

let's keep our fingers crossed for a result.

Please DO NOT PLAY the new single by Morrissey, under ANY circumstances. IT'S f***ING AWFUL!

HIM

we got one of these "lovefilm" DVDs delivered to our house by acccident. So I thought, I've got a free DVD here, woo hoo! Anyway I opened it and it was just a bunch of crap, so I thought I'm not keeping this anyway. I wrote on the return envelope. "This was complete and utter shite. Please do not send me any more films" and put it back in the post box.
Doesn't matter whose idea it was, I did it!

So yes, any publicity is good publicity. She's not mentioned you yet, will probably just be beginning to get a bit pissed off by now.

what's a '"lovefilm" DVD'? :confused:

it's a DVD rental site, where you can get as many DVDs as you want, return them when you've watched them and they automatically send out the next one on your list (unless the postman mis-delivers to me, ha) You can usually get 2 months for the price of 1 or 2 weeks free. Just watch out for the advert things that fall out of magazines.

excellent! can you let me know if she does?

I didn't think you were allowed to sat "twat" on the radio.

can you ask Arlene to play something loud so I can hear it over the noise of the vacuum cleaner?

love

Mr Shift-it X
P.s. Dog-gone! As per your request.

Last edited:
it's TONY now.

He'll play it, I've sent him e-mails from me, Morrissey and Russell Brand so far.

I'll no have ye slaggin off Arlene, she's ma buddy.

HIM

jaw.gif

can you see the parts of this jigsaw coming together?
duck.gif

You hate Steve don't you? :tears:

Back
Top Bottom