Knitted "Mini Moz" charity calendar 2012

The Cat's Mother

Unmentionable
Yes, it's that time of year again! To raise charity money with 13 photos of knitted Morrisseys in some silly outfits and unlikely settings.

The photography is done, the captions written, the whole layout just waiting online for TCM to press the "order" button.... as soon as I can decide between a blue theme or a floral one. Hmmmmm.....

Same format (desk calendar, page per month) as last time, but the photos will be bigger as I'm savvier with the upload system now. :)

VAT and postage have both risen since last year, but those apart, I'll try to keep the costs as close to last year's as possible, so long as I can maintain my pre-set charity cut per unit. There'll be a little Mini Moz "extra" in your package, too. ;)

Initial order will be 50 units. If those sell out immediately like last year, I can order another 50 but only if I have enough definite orders in advance.

This year, I propose that all or part of the proceeds go to my local branch of Cats Protection, but I'm open to other suggestions if you have any brainwaves.

Questions, suggestions, etc......?

EDIT: HOW TO ORDER: If you want to book calendars, please email me on [email protected] and include your name and the number of calenders you want in the subject line. This will make it so much easier to keep track of orders v stock. Thanks.

Last edited:
Thank you to everyone who has ordered a calendar or two (or three) so far. :thumb:
Lots of orders waiting on my email this morning, so grab one while they're still there!

The 2012 edition features Mer-Moz, Rugged boxer Moz, half-stripped and sweaty fieldhand Moz ;), "Hello. I'm wearing nothing but a hyacinth...." Moz and even a "Mozferatu" :eek:. All these and more await your gaze. Keep those orders coming and help the kitties!:)

Okay, we have prices: try as I might, I couldn't keep the price exactly the same as last year whilst maintaining my charity slice of £4 per calendar. VAT and postage have gone up and this year I've had to buy much of the packaging (whereas last year I had a big stash of used jiffy bags to recycle).

This year the price will be £7.50 (2nd class post) to the UK and £8.50 (surface mail) overseas. However, unlike last year, I've got Mini Moz fridge magnets and postcards to throw in, so your extra 50p has its rewards. :)

Thanks to everyone who ordered yesterday. :)

PS: Please don't try to pay yet! You'll send my spreadsheet up in smoke! :eek:

Last edited:
Without even seeing it, I want one!!
Can I possibly pay by Postal order?? as I don't have a bank account of any sort...if so, please put me on your list of buyers...Thanx!!

Do they still do postal orders, Dave? Does it cost anything at the payee's end? If not, I'm fine with it. Cash in sterling or euros is okay, too, at the sender's own risk.

I'l put you down for one. Thanks :)

*brainwave*: For the curious who didn't see last year's calendar, the pages are here:

January to June

July to December

This year the photos will be taller (since I learned to ignore the recommended image spec on the printer's website :D) and the featured dolls are made/upgraded to a revised pattern. :) It'll be a different background, too, although I'm still deciding which.

Hi again Kate.
Thank you for being ok about accepting the postal order payment!!
( ...I will start knitting it immediately!!).
I will keep a close eye on this thread, so I will know how/when to send the payment.
Thanxs again!!

Hi again Kate.
Thank you for being ok about accepting the postal order payment!!
( ...I will start knitting it immediately!!).
I will keep a close eye on this thread, so I will know how/when to send the payment.
Thanxs again!!

No prob, Dave. :)

Took some more orders overnight and this morning. Still a few left. Treat yourself to soothe your ticket-buying nerves! ;)

Got the samples back from the printer. Very pleased. :) Odd how one or two of the pictures seem to look saucier printed up than they did on-screen..... :blushing:

Thanks for the latest orders. :flowers:

I'm now down to the last few copies so grab 'em before it's too late or you'll miss "come to bed" Mini Moz and some typewriter frink! :guitar:

NOW YOU CAN WIN A WALL CALENDAR!!

The 2012 calendars are ordered and I managed to squeeze a couple more extras out of the order. This includes a wall calendar - same pics, same captions as the desk calendars but much bigger. For every desk calendar you've ordered, you'll get one chance to win the wall calendar. And if you haven't yet ordered, you still get a ticket in the draw for every calendar you order up until I start posting out the orders. Not many desk calendars left, so order now!

Dave, I'm not sure what the problem is with the email, but I got yours in the end. In case my answer doesn't get back through to you, then yes, a cheque is fine and I've bumped your order up to two. Thanks. :)

Thank you kate!!!...sorry, but I am a total jerk with computers, and have always had disastrous luck with e-mails!!(....My fault this time though,..I had actually typed a comma, instead of a full stop in your e-mail address..)...don't forget to contact me with an address!!
Thank you again!!

Always nice to know I'm not the only techno-failure on the planet. :D

Thanks for the latest orders, people. Remaining unbooked calendars are down to single figures now. The calendars could be here as early as the end of the week and on their way out to buyers a couple of days after, so remember to order yours before then or you'll miss the prize draw for the wall calendar. :)

They're here! Be sending out the first batch after the weekend. Still a few left - if you order before Sunday night, you'll be in the draw for the wall calendar. :)

DSCF99032012calendars.jpg

Last edited:
Aargh, have i missed this? Can i please order one? I love the one i have this year and there'll be a gaping hole on my shelves if i don't get one next year.

Aargh, have i missed this? Can i please order one? I love the one i have this year and there'll be a gaping hole on my shelves if i don't get one next year.

Nightie, you're in time and I'm glad you're enjoying the current calendar.:) I was down to the very last few but I got a good price on a little top-up batch so I now have a dozen available. I've put you down for one on the Spreadsheet of Doom.

Posting as many on Monday as my cardboard supply will allow. Don't forget, people - order before the first lot go and you'll get a crack at winning the wall calendar. :) Every calendar also comes with bonus fridge magnets and postcard - but only while stocks last!

Remember that all proceeds go to Cats Protection. The charity is having tough time due to the economic situation and is now having to brace itself for the kitten season. Please support them either by donating cash or cat food to your local group or by buying one of my calendars. Thank you. xxx

Last edited:
Hi again Kate,
...I'm still not sure where/who to send payment to....do I have to pay you first, before you send them out, or is the return "Payment" address included with the Calendars???
thanks in advance for any answer....
Oh, and glad to hear that Nightie got her paws in in time!!

Back
Top Bottom