Bad Youtube Covers of Morrissey/The Smiths

• Thread starter Deleted member 1074
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1074

If you come across a really bad Smiths or Morrissey cover on Youtube, please post it here.

Last edited by a moderator:
I also found a REALLY BAD Smiths cover here:

jokersmiley.gif
jokersmiley.gif
jokersmiley.gif

That is absolutely awful!
I wonder how many of the people who do these covers are members of this site? Lol.

I think this thread will start to upset people....It's not truly kind.

Yes. I feel guilty for my last post.:o

But your analysis was perfect, it was like he had never heard the song. :squiffy:

But Davie's right. I love listening to covers but there are some nitpicky bastards on here.

This is like checking the obituaries to see if my name is there. :squiffy:

These are fans showing that they "love" Morrissey (or whatever they're showing, it doesn't matter) and it should be judged that way?

Say that you are with a friend or acquaintance and they pick up a guitar and play a rough attempt at Sunny or whatever. I imagine that you'd be pretty forgiving and glad to hear it, just for fun. It didn't happen spontaneously, they had to work on it a while, and they probably would like some sort of, if not encouragement, then kindness, as Davie puts it.

I see this as being the same thing. It's a tribute and it's informal. It's like folk music, the song is there in basic form but everyone puts their own spin on it. It's about the emotional release or expression and simply participating.

I was going to say that it's not like they are promoting themselves as a professional act but even if they were, they would find out eventually if that's possible. Some of them probably are not as good as they think they are, but some might be better. Some might be internalizing the things they learn from copying Morrissey's songs and write some of their own.

I just hate people being discouraged from doing their thing. There are better targets to mock than amateur musicians unless it's Paris Hilton.

These are fans showing that they "love" Morrissey (or whatever they're showing, it doesn't matter) and it should be judged that way?

Say that you are with a friend or acquaintance and they pick up a guitar and play a rough attempt at Sunny or whatever. I imagine that you'd be pretty forgiving and glad to hear it, just for fun. It didn't happen spontaneously, they had to work on it a while, and they probably would like some sort of, if not encouragement, then kindness, as Davie puts it.

I see this as being the same thing. It's a tribute and it's informal. It's like folk music, the song is there in basic form but everyone puts their own spin on it. It's about the emotional release or expression and simply participating.

I was going to say that it's not like they are promoting themselves as a professional act but even if they were, they would find out eventually if that's possible. Some of them probably are not as good as they think they are, but some might be better. Some might be internalizing the things they learn from copying Morrissey's songs and write some of their own.

I just hate people being discouraged from doing their thing. There are better targets to mock than amateur musicians unless it's Paris Hilton.

Perfectly put.

Why is she singing in a white limbo? And why is the Viva Hate vinyl displayed on some satiny display, like it's a wake or something?

Because it's a memorial service in memory of Morrissey's career, of course...

Back
Top Bottom