Will Morrissey tour in 2012?

A Brand New Studio Album is THE TOP PRIORITY , the rest....oh well...
Cheers Moz

A Brand New Studio Album is THE TOP PRIORITY , the rest....oh well...
Cheers Moz

i wonder how the fan base is divided up on this...

i know i'd much rather a tour like this past one versus a new album. i like hearing new stuff, but i'm very content hearing the moz i grew up with.

When he says, "the new record is ready", does he mean the songs are completed and they are to be recorded or they have been recorded and are to be released pending a record label?

"Morrissey told the BBC recently that the reason causing the hold-up on his newly completed album is the lack of a record label. He also posted a message on his official site, writing the following note: "The follow-up to [2009's] Years of Refusal is ready and fluttering wildly against the bars. There is still no record label and the years shuffle like cards. My talents do not lie in DIY." What a poem."

When he says, "the new record is ready", does he mean the songs are completed and they are to be recorded or they have been recorded and are to be released pending a record label?

"Morrissey told the BBC recently that the reason causing the hold-up on his newly completed album is the lack of a record label. He also posted a message on his official site, writing the following note: "The follow-up to [2009's] Years of Refusal is ready and fluttering wildly against the bars. There is still no record label and the years shuffle like cards. My talents do not lie in DIY." What a poem."

Gah the frustrating thing is that his talents don't have to lie in DIY, get someone who's talents do. Get a website set up and sell the album through that and claim all the profits yourself and cut out the middle man of record company. Sure he won't have the same distribution or promoting power as usual, but really the people who buy the album are going know about one way or the other. I can't see any major pushes into new and untapped markets and generations now. He'll make most of his money off tours and this would still yield a profit. I just don't think he likes the idea of doing it this way, maybe he see's shame in it or something? Shame really.

Gah the frustrating thing is that his talents don't have to lie in DIY, get someone who's talents do. Get a website set up and sell the album through that and claim all the profits yourself and cut out the middle man of record company. Sure he won't have the same distribution or promoting power as usual, but really the people who buy the album are going know about one way or the other. I can't see any major pushes into new and untapped markets and generations now. He'll make most of his money off tours and this would still yield a profit. I just don't think he likes the idea of doing it this way, maybe he see's shame in it or something? Shame really.

yeah, i feel maybe he's stuck in the old music industry "you are nothing unless your on some label...blah blah blah". his tours are proof that people love his music. he could still sell well doing it "DIY".

i'd like to point out that the only new albums i've ever bought are morrissey ones. i come from a very DIY punk background and do not support the mainstream music industry whatsoever... so maybe my views are a bit off from most. i much rather support the artist as close to 100% as possible.

My guess is yes, he will tour in 2012. If there is any chance of a "grownup" record deal, he needs to stay in the spotlight. Someone already mentioned rumors of South America in May-ish. So I would predict some long-awaited East Coast USA dates to follow or precede that.

And then Australia for Pokey. :thumb:

yeah, i feel maybe he's stuck in the old music industry "you are nothing unless your on some label...blah blah blah". his tours are proof that people love his music. he could still sell well doing it "DIY".

i'd like to point out that the only new albums i've ever bought are morrissey ones. i come from a very DIY punk background and do not support the mainstream music industry whatsoever... so maybe my views are a bit off from most. i much rather support the artist as close to 100% as possible.
Record labels also promote and fund tours. Its in thier own interest. But i think your right about his "Conventionality".

Re: Will Morrissey tour in us this year???

I doubt Morrissey knows what he'll be doing next week much less the rest of the year.

Re: Will Morrissey tour in us this year???

No, I hope not. Back to the UK for an autumn book tour please.

Back
Top Bottom